• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild versus Guild

DeletedUser7719

Players on other servers are saying it's been announced for February 25th,
so why the extra-rush for en??
I know the EN server does usually get updates sooner than the others (mainly to test how updates occur on a legitamite server), and it confuses me more tof how they got the announcement for the 25th before we do for tomorrow :p

DeletedUser

i thought they said it wasnt going to be released for months ? didnt they say its only about 10% complete ?
anyway on the plus side i am glad there is no mod era map as it means the players who play gvg and gaining points will not be able to score in the mod era tower so thats one thing i am personaly glad about
and i am not going to start building lower age units as i dont wish to play gvg so for me its no change really

well, except for how they nerfed our great buildings in order to balance things in gvg, that you dont even want, lol

Also, i am another who is not looking forward to this GvG mess, looks like another way for the top guilds to becomes even more powerful, gee thanks great awesome, love having those watch fires become more powerful per square than my Deal Castle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Just thought I'd find the real stats to see how valid this statement is. Every update (excluding one which I mentioned) happened on Wednesday, and previous announcements for the update occured on:

Valentine's - 2/3 (Monday, but update on Friday)
1.19 - 1/31 (Friday)
1.18 - 1/17 (Friday)
1.17 - 1/2 (Thursday)
1.16 - 12/6 (Friday)
1.15 - 11/22 (Friday)
1.14 - 11/8 (Friday)
1.13 - 10/25 (Friday)
1.12 - 10/14 (Monday)
1.11 - 9/26 (Friday)
1.10 - 9/13 (Saturday)
*I used the Announcements, Discussion Thread Start Dates, and Changelog Archives to find this information

I think backs up my guild-mate ;)

thank you for checking this matter byeordie and correcting the previous statement made re this........

it seems quite a lot of mis-information coming our way in this thread today re rogues / AI and update announcements where facts should have been checked first, it does little in the way of giving the customer any faith that the info they are receiving is reliable.

if simple facts can't be trusted to be relayed correctly and accurately then how on earth can this game develop in a way that actually takes it forwards in a positive way.?

All i've read in the last two weeks has done little to cause me any cheer re this game, in fact it's done the exact opposite, as what was and should be (and could still have been) a great game, has gone downhill rapidly for the sake of an addition to it.

bit like sticking an aftermarket part on your car and totally destroying the performance of it

DeletedUser5180

Also, i am another who is not looking forward to this GvG mess, looks like another way for the top guilds to becomes even more powerful, gee thanks great awesome, love having those watch fires become more powerful per square than my Deal Castle.

half the players in the top guilds will only have ME troops therefore won't be taking part, and watchfires don't count in GvG.........

DeletedUser7719

I'm actually a little bit happy that the ME province isn't out. Lots of players don't know how GvG functions (and the GvG user guide won't help too much without experience) and may make many crucial errors if the guild hasn't planned their methods out.
I also thought I heard from many players that they weren't going to take part in the ME province after goods-producing GBs were nerfed :p

DeletedUser5180

I'm actually a little bit happy that the ME province isn't out. Lots of players don't know how GvG functions (and the GvG user guide won't help too much without experience) and may make many crucial errors if the guild hasn't planned their methods out.

surely the best way to learn is by trial and error no matter which era you are taking part in.? If you can't take part in it and learn from your mistakes then you will be in the same situation anyway when (and if) ME provinces are released.

I also thought I heard from many players that they weren't going to take part in the ME province after goods-producing GBs were nerfed :p

At least if there was ME province then players would have the choice of taking part or not. Being denied the opportunity as a result of your advancement in the game (meaning you've spent a lot longer playing this game) is simply WRONG in my opinion

When ME era was released there should have been an announcement made saying that if you upgraded your military units to ME you would not be able to take part in GvG.

Do Inno really want a loyal customer base or not.? it seems to me they don't care about the players who have been here the longest

DeletedUser6065

@ byeordie: Thank you for your comment re GvG guide 'won't help too much without experience'. I've tried to follow GvG on Beta, and I found the guide virtually no help at all - mostly confusing and incomplete. Incredibly, it has changed very little from the Beta. So much attention has been given to design issues, when, for me at least, I feel Inno really needs a good technical writer . . . . . mk

DeletedUser

With the overwhelming response by the beta players, why is this being released at all at this stage? We have waited in excess of a year for it, so another 6 months isn't going to make much difference!

No one in my guild or neighbourhood seems to want it in this bugged state!!

DeletedUser7719

surely the best way to learn is by trial and error no matter which era you are taking part in.? If you can't take part in it and learn from your mistakes then you will be in the same situation anyway when (and if) ME provinces are released.
Yes, you are correct, but the higher the province, the more power per sector there is. If a guild member has taken a sector that is surround by another guild, you're going to have a hard time to continue progressing through that age hence loosing more possible points/power/units.
I'm not saying this was strategically planned, but it may actually have more benefits than one sees ;)
There also will be more (compared to no) experience since I know your members have some PE units, and they can also use there GBs to help people fighting the CA province. Just being able to view and interact with the map is really helpful in explaining things as well.

DeletedUser7128

Hi

In the same breath I can open the normal province map and stare all day at the sectors I already conquered. And maybe even reminisce about the good old days when this was a great game. Who us the older players helped build and advance. You should be ashamed of yourselfs and return all the rewards you received based on our Participation in this THING you now call Forge Of Empires!
When they nerved the Deal Castle because it gave to many medals compared to the PVP we were in uproar. Then they said they will update it at a later stage.
Well they did the NerFFed it again! Again LMAO!
On the server whose name we may not speak off all the testers beg that INNO reconsiders taking GVsG live. But its become clear that INNO feels nothing for the players! I am in two minds to open a case against them for Fraud for every Euro I send them from Africa and every bleeding hour I spend on this game. I really feel cheated and they can sugar cote is as much as they want...........
if it looks like it...
smells like it ...
feels like it under your shoes ...

then ohhh please I beg of you don't taste it it is .............................:mad:

DeletedUser

It's a pity that something the dev's have clearly spent a huge effort on is receiving such negative (and probably justified) feedback, but the bottom line is it is an enhancement of the game (though a rather buggy one from what I am reading), but still an enhancement...

It goes live tomorrow.... Has anyone got any really useful tips how to get the most enjoyment out of it and avoid making costly initial mistakes because I'm finding the guides are mumbo-jumbo and most unhelpful....

DeletedUser

You can make the most of it by making sure you've cleared the map before tomorrow ;D

DeletedUser97590

It's a pity that something the dev's have clearly spent a huge effort on is receiving such negative (and probably justified) feedback, but the bottom line is it is an enhancement of the game (though a rather buggy one from what I am reading), but still an enhancement...

It goes live tomorrow.... Has anyone got any really useful tips how to get the most enjoyment out of it and avoid making costly initial mistakes because I'm finding the guides are mumbo-jumbo and most unhelpful....

Spending ages on an 'update' doesn't automatically qualifies it as an enhancement, especially if it is only half-cooked like this one.
I've read the whole guide, and half of the working of this new 'feature' is not explained in there.

Spending ages on an 'update' doesn't automatically qualifies it as an enhancement, especially if it is only half-cooked like this one.
I've read the whole guide, and half of the working of this new 'feature' is not explained in there.

Hi

In the same breath I can open the normal province map and stare all day at the sectors I already conquered. And maybe even reminisce about the good old days when this was a great game. Who us the older players helped build and advance. You should be ashamed of yourselfs and return all the rewards you received based on our Participation in this THING you now call Forge Of Empires!
When they nerved the Deal Castle because it gave to many medals compared to the PVP we were in uproar. Then they said they will update it at a later stage.
Well they did the NerFFed it again! Again LMAO!
On the server whose name we may not speak off all the testers beg that INNO reconsiders taking GVsG live. But its become clear that INNO feels nothing for the players! I am in two minds to open a case against them for Fraud for every Euro I send them from Africa and every bleeding hour I spend on this game. I really feel cheated and they can sugar cote is as much as they want...........
if it looks like it...
smells like it ...
feels like it under your shoes ...

then ohhh please I beg of you don't taste it it is .............................:mad:

Seconded!

Do not direct aggression towards any specific individuals, it is a violation of rules.
And also, let's keep on topic... GvG
Thank you

here you go, a moderator with 4 posts! Ahem...
Any chance we get answers to the multitude of questions asked about GvG in this very thread?

DeletedUser

ahhh... don't think so negative... it's not good for the soul ;)

When I login tomorrow and have access to GvG what happens next ??? Can I just attack anywhere or am I limited by other guild members actions... Should we just get one hex and consolidate it or go on a rampage... should we try to get a hex far away from other players (or far away from the most powerful guilds)... Is the choice of the initial hex pretty key to the game....what is the guild treasury, must I stick my troops in here before attacking or do I just use my own... is the treasury only controlled by some players... and a million other questions... because as it stands I can see GvG being initially dominated by players who have experienced it on the beta and from the little I've gleaned it appears that once entrenched in a hex they can be real hard to remove... Come on guys give me a couple of useful tips... I'm not looking to win GvG... just have a bit of fun playing it and I've only got a 1 in 8 chance of being in your world :)

LOL... that line made me laugh :)

DeletedUser

Here are some specific questions:

1. Why would anyone want to "Grant Freedom"?

2. It says in the guide that when you "Grant Freedom", the goods go to the guild treasury. Yet in the guild treasury section, it refers to one sector at a time. Which sector does the goods go to?

3. Where can I see the current status of the guild treasury?

4. "Deploying your guild's first siege army costs goods" - does "first" refer to first per sector / first per province / first per guild?

5. Can the guild treasury be used for placing a siege army? i.e. can player A pay goods to unlock the possibility to siege, then player B place his units for the siege army?

6. If there is no power given if a sector is under siege, what's preventing a guild from sieging an enemy sector with minimal troops 1 sec prior to the clock ticking down? This stops the guild from receiving any power points.

Thanks

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm not changing my city back in ages to take part in this mess.

An earlier poster suggested that Inno are probably hoping that us PvPers will spend more cash on buying watchfires (when available) to rebalance our fights against our hoodies. Well this player has been stung once too often. I'm not spending another penny on this game (or any other by Inno), and I suggest no-one else does either. Inno don't seem to listen to our reasoned arguements - perhaps they'll listen when the income stream starts to dry up.

DeletedUser

Just thought I'd find the real stats to see how valid this statement is. Every update (excluding one which I mentioned) happened on Wednesday...
Thank you for checking, I was merely going by memory which has yet again proven incorrect, my apologies for that error, of course, we are all human remember ;)

I think so too. Thank you for demonstrating what I also believed to be the case.
It's ludicrous that this giant change is being launched with only a day's notice.
Players on other servers are saying it's been announced for February 25th,
so why the extra rush for en??
The .en server always receives updates 1 week before the other live servers therefore other servers getting the update later, is standard practice.

it seems quite a lot of mis-information coming our way in this thread today re rogues / AI and update announcements where facts should have been checked first, it does little in the way of giving the customer any faith that the info they are receiving is reliable.

if simple facts can't be trusted to be relayed correctly and accurately then how on earth can this game develop in a way that actually takes it forwards in a positive way.?
My apologies for the misinformation in regards the changelog notifications, I'm only human and occasionally mistakes are made, I could have sworn (if it wasn't against the rules of course :P ) that changelogs were issued later, must just be that I didn't see them till later.

Unfortunately, finding the right information is not as easy as you might think as even moderators are not given most of the answers to your questions, a lot of time we have to go searching for the answer and rely on the information we have available to us. I will of course only provide answers that I am confident are accurate and if I have any doubt, will seek clarification, as I had earlier stated.

DeletedUser7719

Have no fear, ByeOrDie is here! (to try and answer your questions)

When I login tomorrow and have access to GvG what happens next ??? Can I just attack anywhere or am I limited by other guild members actions...
You need to at least have a trusted right to deploy a siege army. If no one in your guild has gotten a sector yet, there will be big orange arrows pointing to the sectors you can siege (might be buggy still Inno). If you have gotten a sector, you will see green hexes on the Continent map and you can only attack sectors adjacent to them.

Should we just get one hex and consolidate it or go on a rampage... should we try to get a hex far away from other players (or far away from the most powerful guilds)... Is the choice of the initial hex pretty key to the game....
That's something for you to play around with as I honestly don't know the best strategy. (As a player, I can't/don't want to give away my strategy either ;))

what is the guild treasury, must I stick my troops in here before attacking or do I just use my own... is the treasury only controlled by some players...
The Guild Treasury should be a bank for goods (maybe troops later?), but whatever there is now is not that close to it ;)
You will donate your troops to siege a new sector or to defend your own sectors. When attacking, you will use your troops. (*"your own" stands for the guild, so most of it is your control)

and a million other questions... because as it stands I can see GvG being initially dominated by players who have experienced it on the beta and from the little I've gleaned it appears that once entrenched in a hex they can be real hard to remove... Come on guys give me a couple of useful tips... I'm not looking to win GvG... just have a bit of fun playing it and I've only got a 1 in 8 chance of being in your world :)
Not really, people playing in beta will be great leaders, but you would need at least a quarter of the guild to be playing on beta for them to have an amazing start over here because it's not easy to coordinate a guild of 80 into something 70-79 guildies don't know

1. Why would anyone want to "Grant Freedom"?
It gives you goods, and I think is reduces the cost of your next siege. There are only a very few cases in which I would use it. (It could be more of a use later though)

2. It says in the guide that when you "Grant Freedom", the goods go to the guild treasury. Yet in the guild treasury section, it refers to one sector at a time. Which sector does the goods go to?
The Guild Treasury is like a bank, so when you have to pay goods to unlock a siege or a slot. you will pay from the Guild Treasury in order to unlock it. If you already have goods in the guild treasury (from granting freedom, or another member that might have already donated goods), you don't need to donate any goods from your own wallet.
(You need a "trusted" right to use goods from the guild treasury, but anyone can donate to it)

3. Where can I see the current status of the guild treasury?
Again, this feature is unfinished. The only way now would be to go to a sector you can siege, and attempt to donate goods to the treasury. It'll show you the goods you already have in stock in the Treasury.

4. "Deploying your guild's first siege army costs goods" - does "first" refer to first per sector / first per province / first per guild?
First per province (Yes! Quick and easy answer!)

5. Can the guild treasury be used for placing a siege army? i.e. can player A pay goods to unlock the possibility to siege, then player B place his units for the siege army?
Yep to all of them (well, to an extent, but the situation you describe is fully correct)

6. If there is no power given if a sector is under siege, what's preventing a guild from sieging an enemy sector with minimal troops 1 sec prior to the clock ticking down? This stops the guild from receiving any power points
What's the benefit for the guild that's sieging? It costs goods to continually siege the sector again and again, so I don't think a guild continually waste the same amount of goods to something if it's not going to even benefit them ;)

I better get rep for this post as my fingers are tired now :p