• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild versus Guild

DeletedUser13805

i thought they said it wasnt going to be released for months ? didnt they say its only about 10% complete ?
anyway on the plus side i am glad there is no mod era map as it means the players who play gvg and gaining points will not be able to score in the mod era tower so thats one thing i am personaly glad about
and i am not going to start building lower age units as i dont wish to play gvg so for me its no change really

DeletedUser5180

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best joke in a long time!

Where is ME Province?
Where is Free for all Province where we use Medals?

We are just the long time supporters and also investors in this game that Inno have decided are not important to them.

I know for a fact as having regular conversations with high ranked players that the only reason they have hung around for so long as others left in their droves was for GvG... And they then find out that it starts the very next day and without serious city changes they can't play from the beginning.

So they are denied GvG for the only reason that they have worked hard at this game, and advanced as far as they can.....THAT IS ALL WRONG IMO. Will these players be content to continue playing with the only interest being PvP.? Oops, I forgot that PvP will now become so tedious and drawn out as their gbs are nerfed for the GvG they can't play a part in

You couldn't make it up, it's almost beyond belief the way this has been done

DeletedUser

Does anyone know which AI is at work on the GvG map... Is it the anti-rogue campaign map one or the rogue friendly PvP one ??

DeletedUser8813

what a surprise ..and i thought they were going to nerf the gbs so it balances things before the release of GVG...but no it seems we get GVG so some can take advantage of the currant boosts we have ...then get nerfed once we get started...it all sounds like a tall story to me

DeletedUser13805

i think we should form some sort of protest how about we all quit our guilds and become non guild players ? if enough people do it then there will be hardly any players left in guilds ?
i dont want to play gvg and i am happy enough just playing pvp i am upset over the nerfs to the castles so for that reason alone i would want to send a huge protest out but it would take a lot of players to do it

DeletedUser7719

Does anyone know which AI is at work on the GvG map... Is it the anti-rogue campaign map one or the rogue friendly PvP one ??
Why would I want to help your guild? (mwahahahahaha!)
But seriously (I don't even know if I play on the same world as you :p), I don't remember the peaceful NPCs well, but the aggressive ones will go for rogues first

DeletedUser

Why would I want to help your guild? (mwahahahahaha!)
But seriously (I don't even know if I play on the same world as you :p), I don't remember the peaceful NPCs well, but the aggressive ones will go for rogues first

You can sleep well... Your hopefully accurate info can't be used against you ?!... not by me anyway... I think I chose my main world wisely as it appears to be devoid of most of the forum posters :)

DeletedUser7719

For example: Why does the "user's guide" posted here say "You may find that another rival guild has laid claim to a sector you want or that belongs to your guild, and placed a siege army there. All is not lost! You can attack and destroy your enemies' siege armies in much the same manner as you destroy defending armies." That's no longer true - or is it being changed back again??
I hope someone can answer this question as it's bugging me to

DeletedUser

Sorry Mike, but I have read the user guide (twice now) but it doesn't actually answer my questions. I apologize if I'm missing something, so please can you elaborate.
A HQ Sector is the same as any other sector that you own except that your HQ sector gains 75% or your defensive bonus whereas sectors further away from your HQ gain a lower percentage of that boost. Therefore, a HQ sector behaves in the same was as any other, it can be besieged and attacked however the HQ sector cannot be granted Freedom.

Where is ME Province?
Where is Free for all Province where we use Medals?
These provinces are most likely still in development which is why they have not yet been added. This is a developing game and therefore some features remain incomplete until future updates.

We are just the long time supporters and also investors in this game that Inno have decided are not important to them.

I know for a fact as having regular conversations with high ranked players that the only reason they have hung around for so long as others left in their droves was for GvG... And they then find out that it starts the very next day and without serious city changes they can't play from the beginning.

So they are denied GvG for the only reason that they have worked hard at this game, and advanced as far as they can.....THAT IS ALL WRONG IMO. Will these players be content to continue playing with the only interest being PvP.? Oops, I forgot that PvP will now become so tedious and drawn out as their gbs are nerfed for the GvG they can't play a part in

As I previously stated, these provinces will be added in future updates. It was always known that GvG would span multiple ages/eras and so guilds with members in only one age/era would benefit less from it. This is intended and provides additional challenges for guilds to compete with.

The AI should, as far as I'm aware, behave in the same way regardless of where you battle, whether that be PvP, GvG or continent map.

what a surprise ..and i thought they were going to nerf the gbs so it balances things before the release of GVG...but no it seems we get GVG so some can take advantage of the currant boosts we have ...then get nerfed once we get started...it all sounds like a tall story to me
The update for GvG and the GB balances occurs at the same time, therefore this situation cannot occur.

For example: Why does the "user's guide" posted here say "You may find that another rival guild has laid claim to a sector you want or that belongs to your guild, and placed a siege army there. All is not lost! You can attack and destroy your enemies' siege armies in much the same manner as you destroy defending armies." That's no longer true - or is it being changed back again??
I hope someone can answer this question as it's bugging me to
It should be possible for any guild to attack a siege army. It will not be possible for guilds to attack defending armies, unless they have a siege placed on that sector.

DeletedUser1081

The AI should, as far as I'm aware, behave in the same way regardless of where you battle, whether that be PvP, GvG or continent map.

?! But for quite a long time now the AI on the continent treats rogues differently than it does in PvP. The question is which way it works in GvG.

Edit: In my experience it targets rogues first in GvG. On second thought, I'm not sure. And I'd like to know.

It should be possible for any guild to attack a siege army.

Are you sure? That was the way it worked, but when 1.20 went live on beta that changed. That's why we're asking. It makes a huge difference in strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

?! But for quite a long time now the AI on the continent treats rogues differently than it does in PvP. The question is which way it works in GvG. In my experience it targets rogues first in GvG.
I must admit, I wasn't aware that there was a difference, as far as I know the AI should always behave in the same way regardless of the battle type, I will investigate this and seek some clarification on it.

It should be possible for any guild to attack a siege army.
Are you sure? That was the way it worked, but when 1.20 went live on beta that changed. That's why we're asking. It makes a huge difference in strategy.
As things do sometimes change between Beta and the live servers, then no, im not sure​, I guess we won't know for certain till GvG hits the live servers though again, I will try to seek some clarification on this.

DeletedUser

I must admit, I wasn't aware that there was a difference, as far as I know the AI should always behave in the same way regardless of the battle type, I will investigate this and seek some clarification on it.

As things do sometimes change between Beta and the live servers, then no, im not sure​, I guess we won't know for certain till GvG hits the live servers though again, I will try to seek some clarification on this.

The AI actually behaves differently between different areas of the NPC map as well

DeletedUser97155

My head hurts - There should have been more than just one day between posting the guide and the big kick-off IMO - There's to much to absorb, understand and discuss !

Our guild has started to discuss this but I've told them I'm going to have to take a step back from it - I'm enjoying working my way through the ages and playing the game as-is without having to take a step back and invest in military units and resources from a different age to help out in something I'm not particularly interested in.

DeletedUser97098

Congrats, you won this thread ;)

That said, I too would like to add my voice to the chorus asking why the ME players have no GvG sectors

And since we have no GvG sectors to play, when will the next age be released?

DeletedUser13805

My head hurts - There should have been more than just one day between posting the guide and the big kick-off IMO - There's to much to absorb, understand and discuss !

Our guild has started to discuss this but I've told them I'm going to have to take a step back from it - I'm enjoying working my way through the ages and playing the game as-is without having to take a step back and invest in military units and resources from a different age to help out in something I'm not particularly interested in.

i am sure i seen a mod post up somewhere that it would be about 10 months away as its only about 10% of the game at the moment in a reply to complaints over the nerf to the castle, the nerf to the castles was needed to bring some balence for gvg we was told
my reply has always been that the only reason for the nerf of the castles is for the easter event were the sale of watchfires will go through the roof hence the rush job in my view with the unfinished gvg being released tomorrow

but dont worry about it as not many players will be ready for it either and those that are will have to wait a while for competition, and there are so many guilds that are to weak to take part so there is no rush just play on as normal or as best you can : )

The Tominator

Sergeant
Ironic isnt it how bonuses for gvg give out fps.......Hellooooooo do you actually believe people at the end of the research tree are even considering investing into a GB for bps..that 2-3 months down the line get nerfed to something else...the reason for great buildings was because they were GREAT and gave an advantage like watch towers and rogues...why oh why sell us an advantage then take it back its daylight robbery...give me 60% my money back...

Last edited:

DeletedUser101150

Do not direct aggression towards any specific individuals, it is a violation of rules.
And also, let's keep on topic... GvG
Thank you

DeletedUser7719

Actually most changelogs are announced on the Monday before Wednesday's update. Occasionally, TheCountess manages to list them earlier. Still better to have an announcement than none - most other games I've played have only notified you of updates after it has occurred.
Just thought I'd find the real stats to see how valid this statement is. Every update (excluding one which I mentioned) happened on Wednesday, and previous announcements for the update occured on:

Valentine's - 2/3 (Monday, but update on Friday)
1.19 - 1/31 (Friday)
1.18 - 1/17 (Friday)
1.17 - 1/2 (Thursday)
1.16 - 12/6 (Friday)
1.15 - 11/22 (Friday)
1.14 - 11/8 (Friday)
1.13 - 10/25 (Friday)
1.12 - 10/14 (Monday)
1.11 - 9/26 (Friday)
1.10 - 9/13 (Saturday)
*I used the Announcements, Discussion Thread Start Dates, and Changelog Archives to find this information

I think backs up my guild-mate ;)

DeletedUser1081

I think backs up my guild-mate ;)

I think so too. Thank you for demonstrating what I also believed to be the case.
It's ludicrous that this giant change is being launched with only a day's notice.
Players on other servers are saying it's been announced for February 25th,
so why the extra rush for en??

DeletedUser101051

is there perhaps anyway to get a "countdown" clock going..
for us/those in different timezone(s), it would make keeping
track of start a bit easier ?!?