• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Guild trades take forge points, game crashes

DeletedUser

Guild trades are being treated as neighbourhood trades ie trade indicates you need forge points

DeletedUser

Can someone please tell me what the point is in joining a Guild if you now lose a forge point when trading - this is crazy and is against what was described so is a breach of the rules?

DeletedUser17

To clarify,

If a guild member posts a trade for "Guild only" all guild members will be able to accept it for free(no FP), but neighbours will not be able to see it or accept it.

If a guild member posts a trade normally, everyone will be able to accept it, but everyone will pay a FP if they do(even guild members).

Simply filter the offers with "only show guild offers" to see which ones are for free for you (internal guild trading).

DeletedUser

To clarify,
Simply filter the offers with "only show guild offers" to see which ones are for free for you (internal guild trading).

This is not entirely accurate. It will still show you trades set by guild members, but does not filter out those that were not created as "Guild only" trades. I would propose that all trades made between guild members be forge point free... regardless of how the trade was created. Guild only should just hide the trades from neighbors.

Also... the change log doesn't specify this either.
all is says is...
"Guild members may now trade between each other for free(no forge points required). Guild member trading is not restricted by neighbourhoods anymore."

It doesn't say that the setting must be checked to make the trades free... again, I think the game would be enhanced if all guild trades were free with out having to check the box as guild only.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To clarify,

If a guild member posts a trade for "Guild only" all guild members will be able to accept it for free(no FP), but neighbours will not be able to see it or accept it.

If a guild member posts a trade normally, everyone will be able to accept it, but everyone will pay a FP if they do(even guild members).

I clicked the guild only and it still takes a forge point :)

111.jpg

should the offer be made as a guild only offer for it to be free?

DeletedUser

This is a bug in my opinion. Guild members should not have to use a FP to accept a guild trade regardless of if it is on the open market or if it is "guild only" it a trade has to be "guild only" to be FP free, then I see the open market going bye bye as no one will look there for trades, cuz there will not be any there. all trades will be Guild ONLY trades... So if this is the intent of the DV's... VERY BAD MOVE

DeletedUser2918

maybe "they" don't want us guild trading without the forge point to keep ppl from moving faster down the timeline

DeletedUser

All right, so I know nothing about programming, but I do like to say something about this...

In my opinion this is not the way it should have been fixed. Especially not, as it worked much better before (disregarding this bug of the last few days for a moment).

Before, I could put up a trade and it could be seen by both my guildmates (who could accept it for free) and my neighbourhood (who could accept it at the cost of 1 forge point) - a very good way to get my trades quickly accepted.
It worked splendidly.

Now I apparently have to choose which group I want to trade with, for I am the one who has to decide whether I want to check the box "guild mates only" or not. If I check it, my neighbourhood won't see the trade and won't get the chance to accept it, even if they could or wanted to. If I don't check it, everyone can see and accept it... but guild mate or not, it will have to be paid for.

Of course, I could put up the trade for both groups, giving my guild mates the chance to accept for free and my neighbourhood the chance to get the goods they'd like. Well, there's a catch to that. First of all, I'll have to offer double the amount of goods (two trades)... and I probably don't have that much yet, and second, both trades may be accepted! Leaving me with more than I need.

I'm very sorry, but this is a huge step backwards.

Edit: I notice that the thread shows "fixed" now. Well, it's not fixed in my opinion.

DeletedUser3479

To clarify,

It says fixed on the message board but I'm still getting a FP transaction requirement message trading within my own guild.

DeletedUser1081

It says fixed on the message board but I'm still getting a FP transaction requirement message trading within my own guild.

Totally Agree. NOT FIXED.

Yeah, same thing hapens to me. When I want to trade with them...

my understanding is that if the person who set up the deal didn't check the "guild only" box, you have to pay the forgepoint even if you're in the same guild. this is distinctly less convenient than it was before wednesday, but ... that's what you're probably experiencing.

another aspect of the not-fixedness of all this is that the neighbourhood/guild filters are still not working: i can see both neighbourhood and guild traders no matter which box i tick.

DeletedUser3479

my understanding is that if the person who set up the deal didn't check the "guild only" box, you have to pay the forgepoint even if you're in the same guild. this is distinctly less convenient than it was before wednesday, but ... that's what you're probably experiencing.

another aspect of the not-fixedness of all this is that the neighbourhood/guild filters are still not working: i can see both neighbourhood and guild traders no matter which box i tick.

THIS IS IT, thanks. I found three total offers in the entire guild that I could trade without FPs. The other thing I can't say I'm too happy about is the ratio limits placed on Guild trading (between .66-1.5). This is RIDICULOUS considering some resources generate at different rates. 20 stone/hour = 4 iron/hour yet I cant make an offer that commensurate with the games own production ratio ie. 5 to 1 unless I pay a FP to do it. At least limit trading that is consistent with the manufacture rates. This is unrepresentative of economics and compels expenditure of FPs that of course can be "purchased". We are still in a beta right?

DeletedUser2029

THIS IS IT, thanks. I found three total offers in the entire guild that I could trade without FPs. The other thing I can't say I'm too happy about is the ratio limits placed on Guild trading (between .66-1.5). This is RIDICULOUS considering some resources generate at different rates. 20 stone/hour = 4 iron/hour yet I cant make an offer that commensurate with the games own production ratio ie. 5 to 1 unless I pay a FP to do it. At least limit trading that is consistent with the manufacture rates. This is unrepresentative of economics and compels expenditure of FPs that of course can be "purchased". We are still in a beta right?

that ratio (.66 - 1.5) was never actually implemented, in my experience at least.

DeletedUser

so, if i want trade within guild and also with neighbours, then i should create 2 offers. not good, i must say. little example to devs: i go to shop, there is some goods 10% of with client card. you do not have 2 different shops with exatly same goods, 1 for client card owners, another for ordinary buyers.

DeletedUser2918

mink,

thank you, found someone in the Guild whom did "check the guild box" when creating a trade; it worked correctly; but as you said, much less convenient as all guild members will need to "redo" their deal if they want to trade with guild members with charging forge points.

deleted my trades and recreated them.

DeletedUser

...If a guild member posts a trade for "Guild only" all guild members will be able to accept it for free(no FP), but neighbours will not be able to see it or accept it.
If a guild member posts a trade normally, everyone will be able to accept it, but everyone will pay a FP if they do(even guild members)....

Ok I can accept that and the ratio limit, no problem

What I ask is, shouldn't the forge point free trades be marked in some way? A small guild shield next to it or something, just like in the player point tables. That will save time and people will easily know if it's guild only or 'free' market, no filtering required. Maybe the forge point icon on the others, just to make it really clear.

If people want I'll make this an idea, but it's so small and I haven't seen enough trades yet, for all I know no-one in my guild is offering guild only :p