• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

toxvon

Private
Why are there no diamonds or fountain of youths on level 5? in level 1-4 you get fragment of the fountain of youth /800 which is way to many it should be more like /100 and get 20 per time. this would be reasonable. if its going to be hard there should be better rewards. And also the defence bonus that the ai get needs to be balanced better.

Ev4ma

Captain
So, doing GE V via fighting was impossible with 2 hovers 6 rogues in OF, so I had to nego it. And it was very expensive even though the negos were easy.

Was not worth it.

To make GE V worthwhile I personally suggest reducing the numbers of goods required and making GE V use ATTACKING ARMY boosts.

Unlucky Alf

Private
It is sad to see so much developer time and work go to waste. One might have thought that after the PVP Arena rubbish introduction that INNO management would have done a better job or researching the player pool (these players, that is us) that keep them employed before developing such a badly thought-out and totally disastrous GE 5 implementation.

I have not found a single player who thinks the GE update is anything other than a disaster. In my view all game developments must have the majority of the players support. Development must be an improvement and not a determent to the game. The GE development has brought nothing but hostility to INNO.

INNO - if you bother to read any of these messages then how can you fail to see what a complete mess-up you have installed into the game. You may say don't just criticise, give us solutions, well here is the solution = scarp the GE update completely. If you want more City Defence in the game work it out with the players before and during any development; not afterwards!
They did test this in beta 3 weeks but then ignored all the negative feedback which matched what people have said here. That was the time to tweak it.

kayjaydee

Private
They did test this in beta 3 weeks but then ignored all the negative feedback which matched what people have said here. That was the time to tweak it.
Seems to be largely how this game operates now, forget freedom of speech and expect to be ignored on all fronts whether complaints or ideas.

Unlucky Alf

Private
Retired now but spent 40 years working in customer facing businesses in 3 countries, albeit mainly before the digital age. We were taught stuff like customer is king, feedback the breakfast of champions etc. it seems Inno don’t get to first base on this. It’s easier now to get feedback from customers across different platforms and still the organisations that succeed will be the ones that take that on board.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
OK level 5 done. I managed to fight all but the last three, which I negotiated.
The rewards are pretty useless for high end players so we could do with maybe a selection of diamond rewards or your era goods added?
Atm its playable quite easy but when the new Titan opens its going to be tricky.

In recent times it feels like they want to drive away long time players .Is that because they don't have bottomless pots of money to throw at this game?

They don't care much about the veteran players. They want new blood. They pay more.

The sole purpose of this is to eliminate veteran players who were capable of succeeding in this game without spending any money. They do not want people like us around as we are not profitable for them so they will just try to drive us away.

I will never be raising my defense under no circumstances. I will keep focusing on attack and negotiate trough this new level when and if needed for GE win. I will rather raize my city to the ground than add any defense to it.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Retired now but spent 40 years working in customer facing businesses in 3 countries, albeit mainly before the digital age. We were taught stuff like customer is king, feedback the breakfast of champions etc. it seems Inno don’t get to first base on this. It’s easier now to get feedback from customers across different platforms and still the organisations that succeed will be the ones that take that on board.

Unfortunately games companies don't fully get the concept of customers, I think it comes from players not all paying to play and can be any age. We're players, doesn't matter what you spend (Although I did see some Inno jobs adverts for VIP player managers not too long ago so guess they will get a different level of support altogether)

They just see you us players. If you go buy something from somewhere you are a customer and depending what products/cost will depend on level of care the company will put into your retention. Decent paid customer service etc.

It tends to be with games you pay for more earlier on and might spend some here and there later but there's more in gaining new players and tempting them to buy and so many expansions they can pay for and so it doesn't make it much of a concern retaining the ones you have.

Especially near the end of the eras here where they need to create new eras and they might only gain income from the expansions. I'm guessing gbg has aided with late game players spending (Scs etc) but it's no loss to them of you stop/quit AFTER you've spent money with them. They have your money and you have nothing.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I play in two worlds. In the first I am in a small guild and level 5 won't be unlocked at all because it is too expensive while there's no one interested in doing it.

In the second world level 5 was unlocked, so I gave it a try. Encounter 1: The first attempt was a failure; the second was a costly success after I built a fortification increasing the Attack of my army by 20%. And all I got in return were a measly 10 Fragments.

Encounter 2: I gave up after killing half of the first wave of enemies because I determined that I would lose too many units during the second wave – totally not worth it just to get some fragments from another building I don't need.

Overall level 5 is NOT WORTH IT unless you can do at least 12 of the 16 encounters. In the future I will either avoid it completely, or do only the very first encounter.

Some more general feedback:
It makes no sense to have the first four levels use Attacking army stats, only to then switch to Defending army stats.

You want to add a fifth level to GE? Have it use Attacking army stats, same as the previous four. Players would be a lot more accepting of the ridiculous enemy stats in this case.

Want to use Defending army stats for something? Create a NEW addition to the game – let's call it Fragments Hunt because of all the fragments – and give it five levels, each level more difficult and challenging than the previous, but have it start with low enemy buffs – or even 0% - similar to how GE levels start low and gradually grow. This way players will be able to see their progress as they increase their Defending army stats, and will also have a lot more reasonable goals.

Again, the current iteration of GE level 5 is NOT WORTH IT – the cost is too high for the trash prizes we can win.

I am beginning to wonder if Kyrael has any influence on the product manager or dev team as our beta / live feedback has so far been ignored.
What will they change about GE level 5 to make it more worth doing?
Would KOI be kind enough to update the ideas/archive implemented as it's showing the last one was 3 years ago in May 2020 !

I have given the solution some thought and apart from fewer fragments and adding a few diamonds as lvl5 rewards there is something else that could make it much more interesting and fun to play.
Many high-attack configured players will not want to rebuild their cities for defence so this might work as an alternative.

Proposal to create an easy one click A/D (attack/defence) City switch

Under the build / reconstruction, there is a revert all changes option, by modifying the way this works players would be able to build a new defence city for lvl5 or when they are offline and simply switch back to their original high attack-configured city with one click.
In effect players would have two cities to choose from at any time they wish.
If this post gets more than five likes I will format and submit it as a formal idea.

Last edited:

Gooders99

Private
Dear oh dear oh dear. What a dreadful mess. The goods costs for negotiation are outrageous, ruling that out as an option immediately. The fighting? Can't get beyond the third stage no matter what units I select and the costs of "fortifications" also quickly become prohibitive. This is not the game I joined up to play a few years back - and I see a few people from my friends list have been packing it in in the last couple of weeks. I think I'll soon be joinging them.

Disciple

Private
I see and understand the requirements to add/improve the game to keep it current and playable to stop it being boring.. so make sense from a business point of view.. but as an end user.. well is my views in a nutshell..

GE5 is a waste of time for anyone who is not a real top player.. Costs are stupid in negs too...

The recalculation of the rewards on GE1-4 are useless as smaller cities rely on this so much.. also it is making the ToR GB a waste of placement in any city..

Under the build / reconstruction, there is a revert all changes option, by modifying the way this works players would be able to build a new defence city for lvl5 or when they are offline and simply switch back to their original high attack-configured city with one click.
If this post gets more than five likes I will format and submit it as a formal idea.
Not a bad idea. When reconstruction mode came, there were proposals to make it possible to save more than one city design. So we could switch between cities for different purposes.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
honest opinion - unsatisfying - for me you can drop the frags of Devine sky watch, what the heck do I want them for? and the lack of a complete building is very very unsatisfying
unsatisfying.jpg

King 8 ball

Private
I am beginning to wonder if Kyrael has any influence on the product manager or dev team as our beta / live feedback has so far been ignored.
What will they change about GE level 5 to make it more worth doing?
Would KOI be kind enough to update the ideas/archive implemented as it's showing the last one was 3 years ago in May 2020 !

I have given the solution some thought and apart from fewer fragments and adding a few diamonds as lvl5 rewards there is something else that could make it much more interesting and fun to play.
Many high-attack configured players will not want to rebuild their cities for defence so this might work as an alternative.

great idea

Shad23

Emperor
Not a bad idea. When reconstruction mode came, there were proposals to make it possible to save more than one city design. So we could switch between cities for different purposes.
pls like his comment if he gets more then 5 likes on it he will make an idea out of it in idea section Xeon is in my guild so i know he will do this if his comment gets more then 5 likes , me and a few of my guild members will now boycott GE all together till GE is fixed this is a big mess

Last edited: