• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

PomPoms

Sergeant
From what I can see rewards for GE 1-4 now suck, have yet to play level 5 but doubt I will get very far there. And really what was the need to nerf the Diamonds? You have already changed top tier in Events to cash, so leave the diamonds to let us have a bit more fun in extras for events and other parts of the game where having a diamond stash is enjoyable.

- Loki

Private
Despite having several and majority of negative comments about the GE5. Inno decided to bring this to the live server without any major changes.

As a result, Myself and all my friends who have played ge5 are disappointed.
Please do listen to the voice of players otherwise there really isn't a point of having a feedback forum.

Indy Diamond

Private
The heart and spirit of the game in our guild centres around working as a team in GBG each week and we all do our best to complete Level 4 GE for the benefit of the guild and found the diamonds helped us in GBG, to get land expansions etc.

The cost of negotiations and battles in GE 5 is just prohibitive and impacts too much on the main elements of the game we all enjoy. We need goods and diamonds for GBG, if the diamonds we can obtain in GE are reduced and our goods, medals and troops dispropritionately depleted, well then Level 5 is not worth playing.

Feedback from our guild is please seriously readjust the negotiation / defence building costs and reweight the defending army stats so they actually help players. Due to the waste of resources to individuals and treasury we will probably not open Level 5 again until reasonable adjustments are made and we feel confident it won't impact our ability to participate in GBG effectively.

Other unhelpful features, as others have mentioned - reducing the ability to earn diamonds in GE - now only available on Level 4 and cut down to a 30% chance of winning 90. Then reducing the ability to win WWs and FoYs - it will now take you 26 weeks to get enough fragments to build one FoY or WW.

Last edited:

Mennolly

Private
This is one of the worst 'updates' ever done. GE was fun to play and rewarding for players, it has been downgraded. It is a total waste of time, troops and goods. If any of the developers actually listen to the players, you will go back to the previous GE version. My guild opened level 5 simply to check it out but it isn't worth opening again. Also I can't see many players even completing level 4 anymore as all the rewards are Fragments which are not worth collecting particularly higher era players. So come on guys how about you listen this time.

As mentioned, the whole FoE experience is diminishing .. Creating adds , that u said before you wouldn’t do,to be greedy, you make more money off of us, but charge more for EVERYTHING … give less rewards. The new GE experience is a total joke… nobody is liking this, you keep taking away the fun from everyone at the hope u make a few extra dollars … Inno needs to remember what got them to where they are today.. greed will be the downfall of this game, everyone is already talking of bailing because of the changes… you make them even with all the feedback to say not to… anyways, these are the things that kill games and make them go the way of the DoDo… how about listen to your players for once and stop being greedy…

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the only way to get the devs to act is to stop playing it, they will soon act, remember when they pushed the pvp onto us and people en mass all stopped playing it, within a week they removed it so no good moaning action is what they looks at and if no one is playing it the message is loud and clear

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
This used to be a strategy game, and folks have spent YEARS to optimise their cities, only for Inno now to trash 10 years of history and all of a sudden favour defense over offense... In a setting where there is absolutely no valid defense in the hood in any of the space ages.

Are you sick and tired of FoE and this your ploy to tell us to go elsewhere?
they did many years before, when they brought out gvg, they nerfed all the attack gbs down from 5% per level to just 3% defences started to rule the game some citys in the hoods you couldnt beat as once at max level 10 attack there was no more so it ruined the attacking of hoods which caused uproar but they didnt listen then, they dug there heals in and then all the cheating started in gvg when players learned how to make huge points from taking and releasing sectors etc, they never listen to players only when players stop playing do they suddenly sit up, they must make more than enough money to not need to keep the customers happy

Note: as we're still working out the details of the new balancing, the rewards above might still change.

That sounds like it's not ready for release and Inno needed more guinea pigs for the testing. It's either tested in beta and all balancing is done or its not ready and should still be in beta. It's almost like the wording hasn't been added for a test but it should. Getting flashbacks to pvp testing.

Swapping to defence after 11 years of attack boost being the priority is ridiculous. City defence had never been worth anything especially after the space ages where released and no defence worked at all in the hood so why swap to defence that requires demolishing half you city to complete or spending 1000s of goods on negotiating?

At the same time the rewards of 1-4 have been nerfed (not adjusted, nerfed) so many changed to fragments, why would anybody want to focus time on even 1-5 now when gbg gives better rewards and cities are already set up for it? There's only TOR left that makes it useful and some BP for that have been removed.

With the swap to defence and lvl 5 being taken into account on the GE league tables any guilds with excellent GE stats that still want to focus on those are either now going to forcing their players to compete in lvl 5 or kick them out. If they force players they will have a reduction in available goods for gbg due to negotiations as ive not heard of anyone finishing with defence only so why would they?

Lvl 5 does not have any bearing on the current game its not 'fresh' or a 'new concept' it's something created completely out of the standard play of the game. Might as well had lvl 5 being a completely different game either solitare or mahjong, minesweeper, sudoku as they would all fit in as well as lvl 5 does.
You've been waiting, and now its here! Guild expedition level 5! Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
Well after all the hipe and the waiting I've just completed by negs( couldn't fight it) and I must say I wont be doing lvl 5 GE again it's total pants .

Inno want people to buy diamonds. Here’s what I wrote in our guild thread.
The fundamental problem as I see it comes back to BG. Inno will have seen the purchase of diamonds fall dramatically. In a good season I can earn 2000. So imagine a big swapping guild and what they will earn. So Inno then have to reduce the amounts of diamonds and other prizes in other aspects of the game.
So the greedy swoppers don’t lose out. The loss is down to players who can’t swop in BG.

swopping by 2 big guilds and putting everyone else on the beach is the issue that Inno should address.
I hear you , but dont blame guilds that have worked hard to get where they are.. they need to balance opposition better, not punish guilds that get better… want more fights, have the players STEP UP a little more…

P.Pixie

Corporal
I am changing the name of my inventory to the fragmentory ..... GE is ruined its a kick in the wotnots from Foe why would you want to collect fragments for things you never wanted to collect whole ?
All in all very disappointing.
Original levels should of been left the way they were and level 5 same format just tougher.

deathrattle

Private
Spending 200 goods to save 20 with the tower boost of reducing 2 or 3 goods per negotiation, Who what and how did you guys come up with these numbers and why are you running the game into the ground. The Developers need to actually play the game and listen to those who spend money or the next new game on the market will ruin this company because you drove your player base away.

deathrattle

Private
As mentioned, the whole FoE experience is diminishing .. Creating adds , that u said before you wouldn’t do,to be greedy, you make more money off of us, but charge more for EVERYTHING … give less rewards. The new GE experience is a total joke… nobody is liking this, you keep taking away the fun from everyone at the hope u make a few extra dollars … Inno needs to remember what got them to where they are today.. greed will be the downfall of this game, everyone is already talking of bailing because of the changes… you make them even with all the feedback to say not to… anyways, these are the things that kill games and make them go the way of the DoDo… how about listen to your players for once and stop being greedy…
Just wait, Inno will make you use diamonds to complete your collected pieces soon.

Shad23

Emperor
GE 5 is a complete Fail fights can't be wun , negotiations cost to much rewards are only fragments of buildings not so strong and worst but not least last chest is fragments of a temporary building after a while it stops working and becomes a decoration INNO needs to bring this back to drawing board this is completly rediculous , and on top of all that they ruined the first 4 lvl's INNO if you don't revert these changes and bring back the original GE , go back to drawing board with your lvl 5 idea you will loose a majority of players this ain't just a prediction it's a fact i realy hope for INNO 's sake that this is just being AB tested and that they will do like with the pvp arena and go back to drawing board with this , the rewards for going through something this hard should be something worth geting presently in my city i have stuf more powerful then whay i'd get by assembling the rewards that are permanent in the rewards given for lvl 5 and who what and why did INNO imagine we'd want something temporary as final reward for doing something so hard ??????? so many questions and no real answer , in support options there is section question well they told me don't ask us questions go on forum to give your feedback well my feedback and feedback of every logical player i have talked to in game is this lvl 5 is a complete and utterly faillure

nice2haveu

Corporal
Like event hub, expecting GE5 also getting removed soon from the game. If they don't remove, I won't make any purchase in the game.

Why can't they introduce, new guild expedition having level 1 to level 5 for defense and attack separate. It willbe more interesting to have 160 encounters with that approach. Someone shared this thought in beta, which I like most.

majesty 4

Private
Greeting's Lords and Ladies and great dignitaries of FOE! :)

Fore I do think that you need to bring back on a chance of collecting diamonds in GE from every encounter from level 1 to 5.
Fore it is better for the growth of the player, for both new and old alike!
The way that GE is designed now hinders that growth to expand on one's city.

I do hope that you would review it and make it better! :blush:

Sincerely: ♚~{Her Majesty the Queen}~♚

Last edited:

Bethra

Private
We opened it eben though its ridiculously expensive to do so, scratched our heads in disbelief, a couple of players tried it out.
Conclusion: Not worth the effort/cost for yet more fragments to fill up our inventories. Ge earlier levels now nerfed so much it's pretty much pointless.
Won't be opening it again