• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Just looks awful and another feature of the game I will not entertain, may as well call it a day after 7 years, not the same game i downloaded from the App Store all those years ago, shame because my guild members are really fantastic people who I’ve helped along there journey and invested my time with them to help make them stronger players..oh well it was fun for a while….
Well neither is Battlegrounds or GvG changing anytime soon either which is a shame.. At least GE might be different than thousands of mindless clicks for hours on end OR NOT ?? Lets see

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Upto the end of lvl 4, I won't be opening lvl 5 but there goes players FOY unless they have a TOR

Screenshot_20230404_092423_Forge of Empires.jpg

I did get enough fragments for one of each of building choices. but one up/reno would require 3 weeks at the current fragment amounts. Looks like a nudge away from them and forcing event usage again to top them up.

Luckily my TOR carried me through and made it more than just a complete AD fodder week with numerous buildings, 2x reno and a store building.

Last edited:

yory2

Private
GE was the only way to earn some diamonds, corresponding to the prices announced by the INNO in the FOE (from 50 and 100 diamonds). There are no such prizes anymore, and there is no longer a chance for such sizes in the game, but otherwise INNO did not reduce the prices in the game?! It's a pity, I've been playing for almost three years, but I think this is my last season and I'll look elsewhere - another game with less commercialization. Well, a thoughtless investment becomes even more thoughtless!

Zzzzzzz...

Private
This used to be a strategy game, and folks have spent YEARS to optimise their cities, only for Inno now to trash 10 years of history and all of a sudden favour defense over offense... In a setting where there is absolutely no valid defense in the hood in any of the space ages.

Are you sick and tired of FoE and this your ploy to tell us to go elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pteropodidus

Private
I've been playing this game since it started. At the beginning there were no event buildings and you got a flat one-FP-per-hour and the highest age was LMA. Then came some event buildings that were a bit better than premium supply/coin/happy and then GBs capped at L10. After that came the new ages one by one, In there also was the release of GvG and the first buildings with +Att to attacking or +Def to defending as well as buildings that gave FP and GBs being uncapped. With the advent of Future Era and the Arc the game changed totally. The Arc was the single most significant change - everyone had to have it and it had to be at level 80 to be even respectable and compete. Onward to GE and GbG and more and more powerful Event buildings. By this time the first Diamond farms were a thing and more people started them. Now they are quite common. Everyone who was active had focussed on making their city attack-dominant. That is the state of play right now. All the whales at the top of the leagues and even the diamond-buyers are all built to fight. There is no room for them to add defending army boosts at the cost of losing attack army boosts. Who would want to?

InnoGames have yet again miscalculated. They seem to be unaware of the playstyles of their most active players. Creating a new use of an old, ignored mechanic is not the way to progress a game. So many studios have made the same mistake over the years, and all of them have regretted it; their big players (the ones who bought premium currency) moved on to other games. InnoGames and FoE is not the only game in the world, There are plenty others that can provide the entertainment that we as players want. Shoe-horning a change to fit the Studio's agenda of increasing Diamond purchase will drive off the very players they are hoping to milk. Maybe some MBA-toting profit-monster has convinced them this is the way to go. Who knows, but it is a poor decision.

pipo69

Private
I was looking forward to this update but it turns out to be a big dissappointment. Feeling my change in the future but how looks now not for the better.

The fact that GE lvl 5 is challanging is just fine. Using defense instead offence bonus will force seasoned players to rethink what they want to do instead of just beefing up there offense a bit more and then play chess to win the battles.

The grand reward forgotten temple seems to be just useless to me. Unless I can get enough parts to replace it each 3 weeks it will be just an happiness building and with a temporary boost which for me is not worht pursueing.

My calculations might be wrong but how I currently experience it is that the yield of diamonds has been more than halved. From a long term average of 165 diamonds / week to 81 daimonds per week. For me personal that means I have no reason to play GE anymore in the second and third world. Which will likely mean that after a while I'll abandon those worlds leaving just another abandonned city.

what is the point of having other worlds apart from my main when I can no longer have some reliable diamond income? by reducing so much the potential diamond income from GE you have rendered relatively new diamond worlds useless congrats on that!!
The buffs of the fortifications on ge5 are a freaking joke! Inno is moving closer and close to a pay to win model!

GE was the only way to earn some diamonds, corresponding to the prices announced by the INNO in the FOE (from 50 and 100 diamonds). There are no such prizes anymore, and there is no longer a chance for such sizes in the game, but otherwise INNO did not reduce the prices in the game?! It's a pity, I've been playing for almost three years, but I think this is my last season and I'll look elsewhere - another game with less commercialization. Well, a thoughtless investment becomes even more thoughtless!
The few meager diamonds we were getting is a serious loss - LOL - as if now we will spend anything - Now I'm sorry for the batch I bought a few months ago

Ev4ma

Captain
Okay so this update is worse that I originally thought it would be, although it is nice that I will be getting a new Gate of The Sun God lv2 every week as I really needed defense stats for my attacking army. But I am not liking the fact we can no longer obtain diamonds in levels 1 - 3.

A question though, have they raised the amount of medals it costs to buy attempts because the cost has risen quicker than usual.

Unlucky Alf

Private
Inno want people to buy diamonds. Here’s what I wrote in our guild thread.
The fundamental problem as I see it comes back to BG. Inno will have seen the purchase of diamonds fall dramatically. In a good season I can earn 2000. So imagine a big swapping guild and what they will earn. So Inno then have to reduce the amounts of diamonds and other prizes in other aspects of the game.
So the greedy swoppers don’t lose out. The loss is down to players who can’t swop in BG.

swopping by 2 big guilds and putting everyone else on the beach is the issue that Inno should address.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I’m not impressed with what they have done to the chest rewards.
Only ones with diamonds are 3 chests in level 4 with a 30% chance of getting 90 diamonds.
I didn’t get any. Used to get at least 200 per week.
Only did ge for the diamonds ☹️.
All you get now is fragments for rubbish buildings.
Should change the name to forge of fragments.

Initial feedback:
LVL 1-3 DIAMOND REWARDS REMOVED!! LVL 4 Reduced
New players will struggle to pay for expansions without using cash shop.
LvL 5 is a diamond nerf smoke screen that takes min 10000 goods plus diamonds for extra turns in negotiations. Extra steps now take 10000's of incrementing medals.
Not much to be happy about, but a lot of cost, troops and grind for low rewards.
How on earth did this get released onto live servers in this state?
Some major adjustments needed.

Last edited:
I found this game because I was tired of the greed and increasing pay to play of the one I was playing previously.
I agree with the majority of the above assessments regarding the recent changes and increasingly obvious path of future changes.
I certainly won't be recommending this game to anyone anymore.
After almost 6 years playing FOE, I'm starting the search for a new game and I will be taking at least 5 of my guild members with me when I find one.

tashinsha

Private
I must agree with all these comments. Been playing for 10 years now; I enjoyed GE for the diamonds; and faithfully did all 4 levels weekly. I was always calculating how far off I was to when I could get my next expansion. But with the nerfing of the diamonds, I don't really have much motivation to even do GE anymore. Very disappointing with Inno.