• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild City (HQ/Capital/Palace)

DeletedUser109415

Proposal:

To create a guild city.
This would be 1 city per guild (Capital) to have the guild’s palace (or something instead of town hall) and special buildings that serve the guild as a whole.
To be able to build/upgrade/demolish in this city you would need guild permission.
All buildings would be able to upgrade from lvl 1 (iron age) to lvl 12 (The Future) or even higher when later era’s come available.

Reason:

To get players more involved into actually working together as a guild outside of GvG.
And also I think this would be a nice addition to the game, something else to do and build up.

Details:

In the guild tab there will be 1 extra slot containing the guild’s city (Capital).
Accessible for everyone to look at but only the ones with permission are able to make changes to the city.
The main building would be the palace (or something instead of town hall at least).
The palace would start at lvl 1. It can be upgraded to lvl 2 with paying gold, supplies and goods from the guild’s treasury. (Yes this would mean also coins and supplies needs to be added to the treasury)
And I suggest a reconstruct time to get to lvl 2 once all is paid, not make it instant.
(suggestion of 24hours from lvl 1 to 2, 48 hours from lvl 2 to 3 etc.)
I would make the ability to upgrade the palace depend on the lvl of the guild.
The look of a lvl 1 palace would be Iron Age look, the look of a lvl 2 palace a EMA look etc.
The same goes for all other buildings within the city.
The buildings within the city would need a lvl 2 palace to upgrade to lvl 2 etc.

The space available to build on within the guild’s Capital can expand slightly with each new lvl reached.
I would make 1 expansion unit available for each lvl you upgrade to.
Then in addition to this I would make special guild quests to be able to get guild expansions.
I would also suggest making the amount and size of all available buildings to build within the Capital so that only 70% or so can be build due to space limitations.
This way choices have to be made!

I am going back and forth on how to implement the buildings.
Whether to be able to build lvl 1 buildings on lvl 1 palace and then need to replace them for lvl 2 buildings when the palace is lvl 2 (so completely rebuild) or just make them upgradable like the palace itself. I am leaning towards just making them upgradable, this would mean the buildings would have the same size throughout all ages though.

Here’s a list of buildings I’m thinking about:
(feel free to add anything to it or suggest changes)

Palace (main building instead of town hall in normal cities)

Engineers office ?(site of constructors making it possible to build other buildings within the city, so also a standard city for all guilds)

Staff homes (like normal homes in cities (without the coins), they provide workforce to work in the other buildings within the city, could come in variations perhaps, small/medium/large)

Embassy (creating a new tab in the guild’s overview making it possible to create alliances, declaring war and sign truces, lvl 1 makes this possible for IA GvG, lvl 2 for EMA GvG etc. Allied alliances would not be able to attack in that era, and goods traded between the guilds would also not cost fp's. Perhaps treasury goods could also be made possible to trade between allied guilds, not sure of the impact on this though.)

Central Administration Office (will open a new tab to the guild that actually gives an overview of who is producing what goods as well as a overview in total and also keeps a track record of who is donating what in terms of coins, supplies and goods)

Neighborhood Watch Initiative (provides a small defensive bonus in the neighborhood for all guild members)

Hall of Fame (same as the normal ones but slightly buffed)

Goods Conversion Center (making it possible to convert goods in the treasury to goods of another era (1 higher era or 1 lower era, ratio’s I’m not completely sure about yet…let’s say 2:1 for forward conversion and 0,5:1 for backwards conversion), this should be limited though, I suggest batches of 100, slightly increasing when this building is upgraded to a higher lvl, higher lvl building will also mean higher era goods can be converted, also this would take time like normal goods production buildings)

Central Intelligence Agency (This would give insight in who is attacking you in GvG (no matter if someone in your guild is in there hood or not) and will also provide a player employment history for all guild members and applicants and also the attacker in GvG if the building is a high enough lvl)

Tax Collectors Office (Will slightly boost all coins income for all guild members)

Tax Investigation Unit (Will slightly increase all supplies income for all guild members)

War Hall (Will slightly increase the attack values for all guild members)

Strategic Response Unit (Will increase the guild’s support pool)

Hospital (Will increase the healing time of all units for all guild members, lvl 1 up to Iron Age, lvl 2 up to EMA etc.)

Police Department (Will increase happiness for all guild members)

Fire Department (Will increase happiness for all guild members)

Science Center ( Will create fp’s for all guild members, fp’s collectable daily at members own town hall daily)

Creativity Center ( Will provide GB blueprints for all guild members, the era the bp is from will depend on the lvl of the Creativity Center, the blueprint will be collectible from this building itself, say 1 bp every 2 days)

* Recruitment/Draft Center (Will reduce the training time of troops for all guild members)

* Central Bank (Will give interest on the coins, supplies and goods that are in the guild treasury)

Note:

This list is a work in progress.
I’d like to see the attack/defense bonus the be so that same ratio’s of the current bonuses available are uphold if you’d build all of them and max out their lvl.

Not sure whether to implement the Engineer’s office but I’ve put it out there.

Once again feel free to suggest changes or add anything to this list.

Visual Aids:
I have no visual aids I’m sorry

Balance:
I see this as an addition to the game as it is and will engage players more into guild collective goals (I hope). Specially if they’re not active in GvG, they’re still able to score Guild points with the Guild HOF in the guild’s Capital.
Will need to be careful to balance the provided bonuses along the same lines as the things are now balanced.
The difference in this balance would need to come from the choices made of what buildings within the guild’s Capital is being build, and of course the speed of development of the Capital. (as said before the amount of buildings being able to be build should be limited so choices need to be made what building is build and what not)
The amount of goods used for GvG as well as the amount of coins, supplies and goods used for personal development will now also be used for development of the guild's Capital.
The benefit of the development should exceed the cost of it, but not in a overpowering way.
This will need to be worked out!

Abuse Prevention:
Don’t see how this idea in general will create abuse, if anyone else does please say so.
There are questionable benefits to some of the buildings, for example the embassy opens up diplomacy and trades between guilds. This could encourage guild creations purely to support 1 guild, to combat this we could only allow 1:1 of the same era exchanges of goods.

Summary:
A guild Capital that provides the ability the get bonuses guild wide and gives guild members something else to work collectively on outside of GvG.

Have read the idea’s what I implemented here under Embassy and CIA in other threads, if any (or all) of my other ideas have been mentioned before I’m sorry I failed to mention it here but I’m not active that long in the forum and haven’t read the majority of the threads yet.

Feel free to suggest any changes and or additions.
If you leave a -1 or +1 please explain why so I can work with it.
If the general idea get's traction I will keep working on it.

Regards,
MasterShadowfax

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97688

*Capital.

The Capitol is the building.

Aside from that, there has definitely been a new mood on the forums recently with ideas for guild co-operation moving away from GvG and into community building projects, and similar. We have the guild expeditions coming - which I think will be good - and there have been several similar threads. This though is more to do with building than fighting. It is definitely an idea.

Neutral

DeletedUser109415

*Capital.

(changed in the text, don't know how to change the title)
And yes, it's more build related, but benefits can be gained for fighting, both offense en defense for both your neighborhood robbing and GvG.
(as well as for normal fighting through the map and the guild expedition thing that is coming soon)
It's a work in progress but wanted the idea out there already to see if it get's any traction.

Would have to work out the costs and time to upgrade the palace and buildings for example, but awaiting responses first.
There can be a lot of different buildings with a wide variety of benefits, I see the general idea as a window to expand possibilities.

Vesiger

Monarch
It's interesting - I don't feel qualified to say how it would affect the game and if that would be a good thing overall...
It would be a very major change from the development point of view, but one of the interesting aspects is that in many ways it's providing a more spacious interface to internal guild functions (i.e. instead of adding lots of extra tabs to existing windows).
Central Administration Office (will open a new tab to the guild that actually gives an overview of who is producing what goods as well as a overview in total and also keeps a track record of who is donating what in terms of coins, supplies and goods)
Would this show which members had which goods boosts (irrespective of whether they actually still had the buildings) or which members had which goods buildings and how many of each (irrespective of whether they had the boost or had built them anyway)?

DeletedUser109415

It's interesting - I don't feel qualified to say how it would affect the game and if that would be a good thing overall...
It would be a very major change from the development point of view, but one of the interesting aspects is that in many ways it's providing a more spacious interface to internal guild functions (i.e. instead of adding lots of extra tabs to existing windows).

Would this show which members had which goods boosts (irrespective of whether they actually still had the buildings) or which members had which goods buildings and how many of each (irrespective of whether they had the boost or had built them anyway)?

Yeah, there's a lot of room left to get really specific. Haven't worked it all out yet.
But the way I see it this overview should give a total overview on how many goods buildings there are per good.
As you click on this good you'd get a list of who is actually producing it and how many buildings for this good they have.
The bonus each player get for goods would also be a good thing too to get an overview off.
Perhaps even a mismatch page to see who's producing ineffectively, good point!
Often guilds use excel spreadsheets now to try to keep track of it, more often then not these lists are incomplete and lack effectiveness to guide players to producing the right good type.
Thinking now you'll get it for each era with lvl'ing this building and then get extra content (like the mismatch and perhaps even a proposition page) every few lvl's. I'll come back to this

DeletedUser15372

War Hall (Will slightly increase the attack values for all guild members)

Is that for attacking army only or also for defending army?

DeletedUser109415

Is that for attacking army only or also for defending army?
The War Hall will only be for attacking bonus, is all area's btw

For defense bonus you'd have 2 other buildings:
- Neighborhood Watch Initiative for defense bonus in neighborhood
- Strategic Response Unit for bonus on GvG defense

DeletedUser99692

This is going to rely a great deal on active guild cooperation +1 for that - 1 that only limited members get access. If only a few can actually do anything interest will quickly dwindle.

DeletedUser15372

We could do with some building that helps with reducing training times.

What size will the palace be?
Is the expansion like the city expansions? as in 4x4 or are they bigger for the guild city?
Also what about something for food and for going to the toilet? do these things count? :?

DeletedUser100065

I'm struggling to decide where I stand on this. I like the general idea however having all these buildings in guild city then there's no reason for guild members to have them in their own city thus it kind of makes the game easier. You get enough happiness from guild rankings and don't need cultural buildings same goes for other bonuses. Part of the challenge for the game in my view is to balance how much space you put aside for benefit of the guild and how much you use for your own purposes.
It's a good idea and well laid out but i have reservations on the way it would work out. So I will stay neutral for now.

DeletedUser109415

This is going to rely a great deal on active guild cooperation +1 for that - 1 that only limited members get access. If only a few can actually do anything interest will quickly dwindle.

Well I don't think it's a good idea to let everyone build/demolish things in the Capital, that's why I incorporated the rights to do so within the rights system. Every guild is free to give the rights to whomever they please within the guild, if you like the whole guild.
So yeah it is limited to start with, but you are free to give everyone the rights to do everything.
And the city is visible for everyone, so everyone can visit and also look at overviews as they've been unlocked (everyone within the guild that is).

DeletedUser109415

We could do with some building that helps with reducing training times.

What size will the palace be?
Is the expansion like the city expansions? as in 4x4 or are they bigger for the guild city?
Also what about something for food and for going to the toilet? do these things count? :?

Details, details...lol
Palace should be a bit bigger then what town hall is in my opinion.
Well if you see it as a normal city, this idea does provide to put up a whole different city setting.
I'd like to see a new environment which in terms could provide whole new settings as in size and the way things look around the city.
Also this would make it possible to change the size of expansions, in which case I would advocate of making them a bit bigger also (say 5x5)

Like the idea of reduced training time also
I'm not done yet with this idea and will continue to develop.

2 more buildings to opt for:
- Recruitment/Draft Center - Reducing training time for troops
- Central Bank - Will give interest on coins, supplies and goods in treasury

Also thinking of incorporating guild wonders that can only be build in the Capital.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15372

what about food and toilet places? if i am walking in the guild city and i want to eat or go for loo where would I go? :?
plus those places can add to happiness for the whole guild.

DeletedUser109415

I'm struggling to decide where I stand on this. I like the general idea however having all these buildings in guild city then there's no reason for guild members to have them in their own city thus it kind of makes the game easier. You get enough happiness from guild rankings and don't need cultural buildings same goes for other bonuses. Part of the challenge for the game in my view is to balance how much space you put aside for benefit of the guild and how much you use for your own purposes.
It's a good idea and well laid out but i have reservations on the way it would work out. So I will stay neutral for now.

I do not see the buildings in the Capital as replacements.
It is the objective giving a bonus, for example the buildings that provide happiness.
They'll need to be so that players benefit from it and have less need of culture buildings or wonders that provide happiness.
But they wouldn't be so overpowered as a player could do without them, they'll still need them if you want your citizens to be happy.
Trust me there will still be choices to made within players city what to build cause you still wouldn't be able to have it all.
The same goes for the Capital, it would not have room to build all the buildings, so also in the Capital choices would have to be made.

DeletedUser111675

I like it but too much building= no more space!

NEUTRAL