• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser103858

we have only had 1 event so you could have easily been paired with guilds who decided not to do GbG and others that decided to only do GbG. 11 days does not make it "week after week" so thats going over the top.
The leagues will be better next week but will take 3 or 4 events to settle down i think and for top guilds to get to the top and non fighting guilds to get to the bottom.
As the top guild in EN1 we had to fight hard as paired with some good guilds which did fight very well. I take my hat off to silver, shadow reapers, vandals elite and shadow warriors - top guilds indeed.
1 just 1 of the 5 guilds that did barely nothing in this past season got demoted, the other 4 are still in our league, so going by experience so far, it's far more likely it will be the same boring walk over as it was last season, thats how good innos dumb idea is working, 4 guilds who did barely anything stay in gold league? whats wrong for the 2nd season in promoting all those that won their seasons and perhaps use their algorithms to decide on some 2nd placed guilds going up, cant get any simplier but is a damn sight more likely your be in the right league, and we wouldnt have this ridiculous situation where most platinum leagues across the worlds have only got 1 guild in it.
Glad you had a good fight but others didnt and may not next time thanks to inno, I guess your one of those "we're alright jack so sod the rest, it worked for us so must be good"

Fulhamguy

Corporal
Finally, would like to know which players are attacking which province In real time, as we can see the map flashing, so maybe highlight active members in the member list?
Quite a few people have mentioned this and I whole heartedly agree. It would stop guild members from attacking where they have been told not to as they can be seen to be doing it.

DeletedUser117595

How long lasts the prestige obtained in GBG? until start of next? until end of next? something else?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
What are you talking about? I said the attrition shouldn't be reduced, but the curve for levels 1-10 could be reduced to let new players contribute more.
no it shouldnt, i showed you screen where i could alone take 3 sectors in GBG golden league or 8 i bronze, you want slower growing how you could play on auto cause your skill is good only for that, to let computer do battles for you preferably on enemies with 0% bonus like in GvG, try to use your brain cause this is strategy game...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
What are you talking about? I said the attrition shouldn't be reduced, but the curve for levels 1-10 could be reduced to let new players contribute more.
GbG is great. The salty tears of incompetent players wich cant beat artrition entertain me endlessly.
And I'm having fun in GbG, just tired of the endless whining of a vocal minority who think they are the main demographic for FoE like this one wich i am quoting.

Giskler

Legend
no it shouldnt, i showed you screen where i could alone take 3 sectors in GBG golden league or 8 i bronze, you want slower growing how you could play on auto cause your skill is good only for that, to let computer do battles for you preferably on enemies with 0% bonus like in GvG, try to use your brain cause this is strategy game...
Ok, you’re just trolling. No one is that dense.

DeletedUser103858

I believe Gisk was talking on behalf of lower age or lower level players having more opportunities in BG by reducing attrition a little in the first 10 fights, not the "Big I am look how special I am" players like yourself, for those starting out in the game BG is currently something for more advanced players as they can only do very few fights, Gisk is proposing that they be able to do a few more so feel more part of the team effort to success, why do you appear to have a problem with that? do you not feel special enough being able to "take 3 sectors in GBG golden league or 8 i bronze,"? BG is supposed to be for all players new and old so a slower ramp up in attrition for the first 10 fights is a valid suggestion.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I believe Gisk was talking on behalf of lower age or lower level players having more opportunities in BG by reducing attrition a little in the first 10 fights, not the "Big I am look how special I am" players like yourself, for those starting out in the game BG is currently something for more advanced players as they can only do very few fights, Gisk is proposing that they be able to do a few more so feel more part of the team effort to success, why do you appear to have a problem with that? do you not feel special enough being able to "take 3 sectors in GBG golden league or 8 i bronze,"? BG is supposed to be for all players new and old so a slower ramp up in attrition for the first 10 fights is a valid suggestion.
that wasnt her sugestion on start at all, that is fact number 1 and fact number 2 is i am just behaving like her on other threads.

Fulhamguy

Corporal
we ended with all 53 provinces under our control...625415 victory points....but didn’t move up...can’t quite work this out
I have asked around it, like yourselves we dominated our BG but not to your extent as our players took their feet off the gas as we had obviously won a few days into the season.
It would appear the problem is that it was too easy and we didnt take enough provinces has been the suggestion. Though knowing nothing about the MMR or even any hints is making planning very difficult.

DeletedUser

I built 3 Palaces which seemed a good idea at the time, expensive though to say the least. Does anyone have any sensible advice on the Buildings? We are a small Guild and it would prove a great strain on resources to keep on the same path for subsequent Seasons.

I'm not alone in wanting more Gen on the Mixed Martial Rabbits which affect us in such a vexing fashion, transparency is needed on this. "Video of Devs throwing darts at a board to decide League placings to follow!" Space this watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giskler

Legend
I built 3 Palaces which seemed a good idea at the time, expensive though to say the least. Does anyone have any sensible advice on the Buildings? We are a small Guild and it would prove a great strain on resources to keep on the same path for subsequent Seasons.
Only build banners on sectors that you know will be lost rapidly, like the central volcano. I wouldn’t build anything else unless you have a robust treasury to draw on. The prices are frankly stark raving mad.

Emberguard

Legend
If you're placing buildings to try and deter the opponent be careful you're not making it more profitable to attack then leave it. The earlier you can place the buildings the less of an opening your opponent will have to attack. If you can have a locked province inbetween the opponent and the province you're building on that'll give you more time to complete the buildings. When my opponents province had a 20 min lockdown left I noticed they had a fully built palace but a 3 hr timer to build traps and a fortress. That changed the plan from we'll just casually chip away at that whenever we feel like it -to- we have to take it now or it'll be more then twice as expensive later

Also if you're planning on using anything that boosts VP build it as soon as you capture the province. That'll maximise your output for the cost.

DeletedUser

Banner went up first and Palaces followed as we advanced hubwards to maximise rewards. As it happened, we were never challenged and could have taken the whole Island if we'd another couple of Members to share the load: I did a serious culling as GBG approached to shed the wimps and excusers so we went in with only the 2 of us. Truth is that with the dire performance of the "opposition", either of us could have taken a holiday and the Guild would still have come 1st. I know it's early days but I thought that someone out there might have done a little experimentation with Buildings and combos, just to see how they performed. In retrospect; I should have myself but was in aggressor mode and quite forgot how unlikely it was that the first Season would provide any serious opposition. You 2 are obviously higher up the Leagues and with bigger Guilds to stiffen the opposition, down here at the Copper end of the scale the Underpants Gnomes could have carried the day.

DeletedUser117595

I agree with easing the difficulty early on. In a newish city (those where even a Zeus in not yet a common thing to have ;)) some days I couldn't do anything because of the bad luck with the army composition (in all accessible sectors) and most days was able to do only 1 or 2.... quite depressing ,as feeling useless to the guild and missing out on rewards. GE has a much better difficulty curve. Of course a much better developed city should be able to do a lot more than undeveloped cities, but to have early cities not being able to do anything at all most of the time is wrong.
I'd say in general:
- remove 2 waves armies
- when a nego is successful, then change the army (at the moment, a successful nego simply results in the same composition army but with higher bonuses, like they used the goods to strengthen themselves and come back stronger to give us the finger! if there is a difficult to beat army, then I want to nego and it goes away.... same, if there is an annoying nego, then I beat the army and the nego should go away.
- either remove the 6 goods nego or allow extra turn from tavern. I am all for a brain teaser, but not when it is mostly luck-based.. because then it's luck-based, not a brain teaser anymore ;)
- like guilds, players that don't achieve a threshold should not get rewards... the threshold may be set by the guild leader before the start of GBG (to chose between 0 and infinite progress points to be achieved during the event, once set it can't be changed for the duration of the round)
- really need to beef up that SoH... make it worth the effort... I mean at about CE threshold it provides less guild power than a motivated HoF. One thing that could make it stand out would be the ability to chose the era of goods it gives to the guild... I bet that would become a hit and reduce some incentive to stagnate in some particular eras ;)

Must say, its a battleground so yeah, more battles need to be possible, at least for the smaller players. You have to be a small player before you can become a big player, and it does no good if they get frustrated and quit the game.

Negotiations I'm not so sure about. I would prefer to see more member participation which would then spread out the load, then one wouldn't have to go so high. Only went to 5 myself, but still wiped out my goods inventory by the end of the season.

DeletedUser117849

I play on android so I can't even play gvg so I don't understand the complaints on gvg. But about gbg I'm a little disappointed in the rewards. Only personal reward is some fragments for a rare building? And just some bragging points for the guild? I've used a lot of troops and resources and basically got nothing in return. I feel we should at least get some medals and fp for our efforts