• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Have you not noticed yet? After a long time of complaints, finally Ice was kicked to the curb. His abusive actions have finally been stopped. His deriding comments may continue - but only as a player, not as an abusive moderator.
Have you noticed who is now back after a year or 2 to pick up the confrontational comments. He must have been thrown out of the US forum and is back creating conflict here

Metric

Private
I like most of the changes but for a small guild the goods cost can be prohibitive, would be nice if amount of goods needed for buildings at least for the home sector were based on the number of members. Also no incentive for guilds to stay in upper diamond that have no chance at finishing a season in first ,we can finish 3rd in most seasons but in the long run doesn't do anything to help the guild and it encourages guilds to
yo-yo between plat/lower diamond and upper diamond

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Have you noticed who is now back after a year or 2 to pick up the confrontational comments. He must have been thrown out of the US forum and is back creating conflict here
Have you a reason to make a snarky comment like this? Especially since the individual you are referring to is making comments in a number of threads. Seems like you are the one here trying to create conflict - where none was required. And, as you can see from the reply Desypete - he had not realized that the abusive former moderator was finally removed after a long disasterous term of his power hungry, conflict creating activity.
So please - if you are just here to create conflict - please stop.

Agent327

Overlord
I like most of the changes but for a small guild the goods cost can be prohibitive, would be nice if amount of goods needed for buildings at least for the home sector were based on the number of members.

If the amount of goods would be based on the number of members of the Guild, it could lead to smaller Guilds, or even one player Guilds. A small Guild with all players in the same Age would have a big advantage.

Metric

Private
If the amount of goods would be based on the number of members of the Guild, it could lead to smaller Guilds, or even one player Guilds. A small Guild with all players in the same Age would have a big advantage.D

If the amount of goods would be based on the number of members of the Guild, it could lead to smaller Guilds, or even one player Guilds. A small Guild with all players in the same Age would have a big advantage.
True it couldn't be x number of goods/member that would unfairly penalize a big guild, maybe a base number then some sort of formula to add more goods required per. member not sure how to do it, maybe only do it on the home base but would be good if a 10 member guild didn't pay the same as a 80 member guild . The bigger guild will still always have an advantage

Last edited:
True it couldn't be x number of goods/member that would unfairly penalize a big guild, maybe a base number then some sort of formula to add more goods required per. member not sure how to do it, maybe only do it on the home base but would be good if a 10 member guild didn't pay the same as a 80 member guild . The bigger guild should and always will have an advantage
What'a wrong with a 10-player guild beating a 80-player guild? If they have the power and the resources, why not?

It is safe to say the new GBG championship is utterly absurd. Guilds that won in Platinum or in lower Diamond (taking them to 1k Diamond) are ranked above guilds that started the season in 1k Diamond. The current rank 1 guild in the Championship won in Platinum. This is a wonderful example of Innogames trolling the players in the top guilds.

papashakes

Corporal
complaint for the Devs..

I'm on G in a guild of 3 we just won the first round of this season so we are going up to diam league.. how in goodness name does winning a round in platinum equate to a guild of 3 players being placed 10th on the guild list?? you really have to work this ranking system out better please :)

@quicksilver99 we're in front of you too.. ridiculous

Last edited:

Nidwin

Sergeant
complaint for the Devs..

I'm on G in a guild of 3 we just won the first round of this season so we are going up to diam league.. how in goodness name does winning a round in platinum equate to a guild of 3 players being placed 10th on the guild list?? you really have to work this ranking system out better please :)

@quicksilver99 we're in front of you too.. ridiculous
I'm not convinced Inno can truly fix this as it's linked to player behavior. Guilds gold/plat/diamond are yo-yoing to get a shot at a good spot in diamond league battlegrounds. I presume this is to get their guildies fragments of those diamond league only buildings. This results in the rankings becoming even more artificial than the previous GbG system and making no sense at all.

The problem now is that we are facing truly weird match-ups in battlegrounds with some guilds burning through their guilds treasury by putting up buildings they shouldn't. Probably to get that extra spot, or at least try, to have a shot at getting in diamond league at one point. On P-server at mid plat league guilds are supposed to know when and how to put up buildings but the past two seasons I've seen so much weird stuff that makes no sense at mid plat level.

There's also the issue that top plats and low diamonds are not properly baby sitting their battlegrounds when they yo-yo downwards into mid to low plat. Guilds that should end at spot 6,7 and 8 and sink aren't, adding to the problem of the irrelevance of the rankings in the long run. In the just finished battleground I was, on paper at leasr, the weakest of the 8 guilds but I ended 4th without pushing and minimal guild goods spending (3487 fights). My problem now is that I've no idea what my true ranking is and how to prepare my battlegrounds because it's all messed up.

papashakes

Corporal
I'm not convinced Inno can truly fix this

I think they could easily fix it by reducing LPs on offer in the lower leagues.. so that by winning in Platinum you don't jump automatically to top of 1K LP diamond league ranking.. heck the guild holding no #1 ranking in G won in platinum you can see why players like @quicksilver99 aren't happy about it..

and yeah it's a whole new gbg with guilds destroying buildings and burning diams to maximise VPs

Nidwin

Sergeant
I think they could easily fix it by reducing LPs on offer in the lower leagues.. so that by winning in Platinum you don't jump automatically to top of 1K LP diamond league ranking.. heck the guild holding no #1 ranking in G won in platinum you can see why players like @quicksilver99 aren't happy about it..

and yeah it's a whole new gbg with guilds destroying buildings and burning diams to maximise VPs
I already proposed to half the gain and loss of LP's to help stabilize the rankings but Inno may have a reason to not implement this.

harold mouse

Corporal
I'm not convinced Inno can truly fix this as it's linked to player behavior. Guilds gold/plat/diamond are yo-yoing to get a shot at a good spot in diamond league battlegrounds.
I presume this is to get their guildies fragments of those diamond league only buildings. This results in the rankings becoming even more artificial than the previous GbG system and making no sense at all.

Of course they can fix it. They designed it into the system by giving far too many LPs for each position in the league. It is almost impossible not to yo-yo at a certain point (I speak having lead my guild from gold league to regular 1000LP). The difference is that previously yo-yoing was thoroughly unpleasant, one season pinned in a corner, followed by one trying to get some life into a stagnant map, then back to being pinned. Now you at least the yo-yo guild has buildings in their base, when they are pinned down. But why Inno insist on the mismatching system which causes this (not player behaviour) remains a mystery.

harold mouse

Corporal
I already proposed to half the gain and loss of LP's to help stabilize the rankings but Inno may have a reason to not implement this.

I think it should be less, maybe 1/5. The only reason I can see why they don't implement it is that they don't want to admit they got it wrong in the first place. So it will stay wrong indefinitely and we are stuck with it. At least that is the implication of @Kyrael's response to feedback on this topic.

The most bizarre part of @Kyrael's response to feedback is the claim that designing a better matchmaking system is too difficult for them. The current "ranking" system would actually make a lot of sense if it were used for matchmaking, since guilds currently deprived of tower fragments would get a better chance next time around. It would make even more sense if they reduced the LPs awarded of course. They just should not call it a "ranking" system. Apparently it is really designing a ranking system that is too difficult for them.

Agent327

Overlord
The most bizarre part of @Kyrael's response to feedback is the claim that designing a better matchmaking system is too difficult for them.

No, the most bizarre is you reading what you want to read. Not what the actual message says. Nowhere is claimed that it is "to difficult". What is mentioned is that it is "complex" to design a a matchmaking system that caters to all types of player groups.

papashakes

Corporal
No, the most bizarre is you reading what you want to read. Not what the actual message says. Nowhere is claimed that it is "to difficult". What is mentioned is that it is "complex" to design a a matchmaking system that caters to all types of player groups.
troll much back again lol :)

NoblePaul17

Private
Well with the first 6 season.s over and from what I read on this thread it seems to me that its still SNAFU, and I realy dont understand why it should be this way when there are so many examples whereby Inno could have taken a structured setup towards Guild Rankings.
The most prime example as i'm English, would be the English Football Leagues
At the top is the single division of the Premier League (level 1, which is often referred to as the "top-flight"), containing 20 clubs. Below the Premier League is the English Football League (EFL) (formerly 'the Football League'), which is divided into three divisions of 24 clubs each: The Championship (level 2), League One (level 3), and League Two (level 4). The 20 clubs in the Premier League and 72 clubs in the English Football League are all full-time professional clubs. Before the establishment of the Premier League in 1992, the Football League, as it was called then, included all 92 clubs, in four divisions.
(this part was a paste and copy)
This system would have fitted very well into the game we play, however the leagues would have to be locked for each 6 season, and at the end of the 6 seasons then those at the bottom of the league get religated and visa-versa for the top guilds in the lower league.
At present we have lower leagues encroaching into the upper leagues mid way through the 6 seasons, this in turn causes a misconception of guild ability, and further fustration when they are the matched up against a guild that is structured for power in the higher league.
Having the 6 seasons locked for the duration would now make match making a far easier afair, there would be no reason why two guilds would end up fighting in a season(s) twice over, unlike English footbal where the season is over a longer period and can afford a home and away match making.
With this said I will not accept any retort from Inno saying it cant be done, for which I say " Do you think the FA (Football Association) sit down and use pen and paper to work out the team. matching" not in a hells chance they use a computor program.
Come on guys stop fluffing around and get this sorted Please