• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

harold mouse

Corporal
I find it rather refreshing. A new ranking with every Championship. No longer the same Guild on top for more than a year like it was when the ranking was based on GvG. Now every Guild has a chance to win the Championship, even if they might not be the strongest in the long run. I think it is brilliant!

I think not. The strongest guild is nailed on to win each championship. Only if they they cease to be the strongest will they not. That is the only part of the "ranking" that even makes sense. Not like the GvG ranking, where we were top for 55 days even though we might not have been even the 10th strongest.

Kev-

Private
They simply need to change the name if sticking to this absurd system, to call the table a Global Ranking is downright dissrespectful and disingenuous when it is nothing of the sort.
It is a snapshot of the current championship standing no more no less and as such a direct result of the vagracies of the Guild matching system that is being polite shall we say unfathomable at best and certainly has zero bearing on each worlds Guilds strengths, weaknesses, achievements or standing.

Stop taking the persistance out of us Inno stop Insulting the Guilds and at the very least change the name!

Agent327

Overlord
I think not. The strongest guild is nailed on to win each championship. Only if they they cease to be the strongest will they not. That is the only part of the "ranking" that even makes sense. Not like the GvG ranking, where we were top for 55 days even though we might not have been even the 10th strongest.

The strongest guild is the guild that won the championship. Not the one that you believe should win the Championship. It is all in the numbers.

Stop taking the persistance out of us Inno stop Insulting the Guilds and at the very least change the name!

Looks like Inno knows what they are doing after all.

"We believe it is necessary to closely monitor and evaluate the impact of the recent update over an extended time period before considering any adjustments to the matchmaking system. It is possible that the current system is the most suitable for the current state of the feature."

If all it takes is a name change they got it almost right from the start.

Agent327

Overlord
You can't have it both ways. You were the one saying a weaker guild could win the championship.

No I didn't. I said every Guild can win the Championship. You are the one that is labelling them as "weaker" cause you do not expect them to win. If they win they are the strongest, no matter what road they took to get there.

papashakes

Corporal
I'm on two worlds and I actually understand where @KronikPillow is coming from on the diam burning issue.. as VPs are the way to place top you need to build the top barracks or command post (60% chance no attrition) to gain an additional 30% VPs but they take 3 hours to build so you only get one or two rewards of VPs in a sector before you lose it.. so to maximise VPs you need to burn diams..

this has also led to guilds destroying any of these buildings once you get over 220/230 fights on a sector so you either have to diam when you take it or to force the sector before timer advantage both of which minimise your VPs.. and if you don't keep an eye on things can lead to no buildings on a sector.. so now you can find yourself having to build every sector costing more treasury goods and diams..

one guild I'm in we load a sector to 218/228 depending which map then as timer approaches the hour rush to finish load and hopefully take before buildings are destroyed.. we haven't jumped on the diam burning to maximise VPs we just can't afford it..

so to be a top guild on any world you not only have to have the best committed fighters but also very deep pockets :)

Agent327

Overlord
yes.. you didn't have to diam camps for VPs only if you didn't want to wait 2 hours while UC.. so definitely not like that before :)

On my worlds in the old GBG the map entire map was frequently taken within the first hour. Do you think they did that without using diamonds?

papashakes

Corporal
@Agent327 you don't say get with the program and read what I've written earlier lol..

you didn't have to diam unless you wanted too and 4 hours later start taking sectors.. you could still win the round if you had a good team.. done it many times.. now with the bonus VPs on offer for buildings if you want to win the round you have to spend diams no choice.. which is what @KronikPillow was talking about :)

Agent327

Overlord
@Agent327 you don't say get with the program and read what I've written earlier lol..

you didn't have to diam unless you wanted too and 4 hours later start taking sectors.. you could still win the round if you had a good team.. done it many times.. now with the bonus VPs on offer for buildings if you want to win the round you have to spend diams no choice.. which is what @KronikPillow was talking about :)

I have read it. I just do not agree with you. You still do not have to use diamonds unless you want to.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
You could not see that one coming?

"The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level."

Do you see victories mentioned anywhere?

Results in the past have no influence on the present.
That's just utterly ridiculous! I ask Inno CM's to declare how many diamonds has LoW and FC spent together in the last 5 days, so that you would understand the scope of how ridiculous the fact that the victory will not matter a few weeks later is .... why should we continue to spend diamonds then? Literally, this is a Insult from the devs to guilds that have taken the bait to "compete in GBG" as the sell was that GBG is meant to be more competitive, and a insult to guilds that have been working for years and have existed and basically defined and shaped the game in various ways, 12 years in existence for example on our side, defeated only 5 times since the start, and now your telling me, that those 12 years of work mean nothing? and that some random guild can safely take Top 1 off our pockets on a safe map, while we fight each other for what exactly? for what are we actually fighting right now with FC and spending those diamonds? hm? I taught we were fighting for the throne of the championship, and for rankings ... competing, filling inno's pockets, and both guilds have invested tons of work to make their existence and strenght possible.

where is the logic in this? If that is the case, as soon as I end writing this post, I am going to FC Leadership to agree on a ceasefire when it comes to this ridiculous spending we'v just made, and I'll definitely work on making sure this cash carnage we just did for 1 insignificant victory never happens again ;) cuz it simply doesn't make sense, I already have them in my Inbox showing love for my posts about this

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant

and when facing with a real challenge, that strategy falls apart as soon as other guilds start invading your back "safezone" on a map, where the other guilds are not guilds who are to insignificant, to not be able to do that ... map disruptions all the time everywhere, I'm well aware of the strategy, and was considering it myself, but it's a 1 on 1 map, you can't hold your opponent down endlessly if it's a Top level guild who can force the pins to drop, and play safer ... where the strategy also falls apart, is when they realize what your doing and they pin sectors in their zone, instead of take them, requires real noob level strategic map analasys to actually take the bait for it... on the other hand, in a 1 on 1 exchange where both guilds are able to simply go all day, it's just a 1 on 1 exchange, no matter what you do, shields drop, map rotates, it goes in circles ... to me it seems only deciding factor is a good start when faced with a real guild ... not some clowns who you can pin down and hold hostage for days

Agent327

Overlord
why should we continue to spend diamonds then?

That's totally your choice. What on earth makes you think it matters?

Literally, this is a Insult from the devs to guilds that have taken the bait to "compete in GBG" as the sell was that GBG is meant to be more competitive, and a insult to guilds that have been working for years and have existed and basically defined and shaped the game in various ways, 12 years in existence for example on our side, defeated only 5 times since the start, and now your telling me, that those 12 years of work mean nothing? and that some random guild can safely take Top 1 off our pockets on a safe map, while we fight each other for what exactly? for what are we actually fighting right now with FC and spending those diamonds? hm? I taught we were fighting for the throne of the championship, and for rankings ... competing, filling inno's pockets, and both guilds have invested tons of work to make their existence and strenght possible.

Glad you get it.

where is the logic in this? If that is the case, as soon as I end writing this post, I am going to FC Leadership to agree on a ceasefire when it comes to this ridiculous spending we'v just made, and I'll definitely work on making sure this cash carnage we just did for 1 insignificant victory never happens again ;) cuz it simply doesn't make sense, I already have them in my Inbox showing love for my posts about this

Good to see you are getting some love. It is Xmas after all. Now tell me. Did you actually pay for that cash carnage, or did you fing another way to get all those diamonds. If so, it is only a diamond carnage.

KronikPillow

Sergeant

I feel like you have added nothing valuable to the conversation, are you lecturing us on the fact that it's a choice? ofc it's a choice, who said it wasn't? That doesn't change anything else that has been said about it

KronikPillow

Sergeant
That's totally your choice. What on earth makes you think it matters?

Glad you get it.

Good to see you are getting some love. It is Xmas after all. Now tell me. Did you actually pay for that cash carnage, or did you fing another way to get all those diamonds. If so, it is only a diamond carnage.

Sorry Agent, did you get fired on US forums? or maybe placed a leash on? so you came to troll here? Another Inno Mod, lecturing community ;) perfect example, I taught this was a feedback thread, not a thread where you get to argue staff's opinions?

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry Agent, did you get fired on US forums? or maybe placed a leash on? so you came to troll here? Another Inno Mod, lecturing community ;) perfect example, I taught this was a feedback thread, not a thread where you get to argue staff's opinions?

Are you staff?

Grof Z

Corporal
. No longer the same Guild on top for more than a year like it was when the ranking was based on GvG. Now every Guild has a chance to win the Championship, even if they might not be the strongest in th

No need to fluff this topic .... U continuing same like K.Ice
instead of listening to posts regarding flawed mechanics ... UR fighting with players

and what's even more sad - is that from your posts U can see U dont understand game at all ... so maybe stick to topics U know.