• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Currently there are no plans in place to bring back old buildings, however our Game Design team are aware that the orphaned fragments may be a future pain point and will be considering what options are available to address this.
Seriously? It was obvious that not everyone would get enough fragments to get the building to max, and that players with leftover fragments would be asking how to get more. Your design team did not think about that? What were they thinking about? Do they not play the game? Do your testers not play the game either? Did no one read the Beta feedback?

I mean, this was obvious to everyone except your design team, apparently.

S.A.

Private
IF you made it so no guild can retake a sector within a 24 hour period would make gbg and gvg a more playable game, no more of this swapping business.

Agent327

Overlord
One sure way of alienating players and driving them away from playing this game is by rewarding them with fragments of buildings which they are unable to collect enough of to build the building. My inventory is already full of fragments of buildings which I will never build. Now it seems it is also going to be full of fragments of buildings, I’m not going to be able to build.

Really? Did you not notice this already existed since Settlements? If it bothers you that much you can always delete those fragments. Problem solved.

What makes you think using the same argument over and over again works? "You are alienating and driving players away." I have seen that so many times when players did not like changes that there should be no more players in this game if it was true.

Piet1963

Private
Good day.
Firstly I want to thank Inno for the change in GBG . Prevoiusly one had to be online at a certain time to be able to have some fight , but with the new way of points and rewards there is fights troughout most of the day . There is a loop hole present that some of the guilds are exploiting . It is because of the two tier points system in the diamond league. A win in the 975 league give the same amount of points as a win in the 1000 league. Now some of the guilds make use of a yo-yo effect . In our last season in GBG there was one of the guilds with 3 wins in the 975 league from playing yo-yo that only held there home sector for the whole season. What is really happening in GBG now is there is two or three guilds fighting for top spot and the rest doing as little as possible to get last spot and definetly drop to the 975 league next season for a win. Is that really what one wants ? If I may put a suggestion or two forward is that 1) that there is a Crystal league that replace the 1000 league and that all the guilds in all the leagues stay in their respective leagues for the cycle of seasons till the end of that cycle . Then the points and the leagues can be ajusted as needed . It will make the ranking of guilds a bit more true as well and put a lid on the loop hole .

KronikPillow

Sergeant
and here comes again, KP with more criticism towards Inno games bad game desing ...

Championship ends ...
Lords of War won the championship ...
next championship starts ....
Lords of War get matched again against their toughest opponent FightClub, on season 1
while Rebellious Gens has a easy season, on a different map, has 0 won championships, is freely farming VP, and now has Top 1

where is the logic in this?
what is the point of winning championships, or counting the wins, if the wins do not count towards rankings??

imagine a top 20 guild, who doesn't have the ability to control the map a lot, but has a heavy diamond spender, who can afford to build CP's and rush everything with diamonds, and has 5 easy seasons where he doesn't have a lot of challenge, he wins all 5 seasons, gathers the most VP unchallenged, and ends up top 1, while the guild who won 5x Championship, is top 5 because that guild got matched in 2v1 or 3v1 situations 5 times, and couldn't have enough territory to farm VP as much as the Top 20 guy with diamonds in a easy matchup ...

breaks rankings doesn't it?

another guild should get to top 1, by winning the same amount of championships and having a higher # of total VP, the first equator should be won championships, then total VP, not just total VP ...

guilds can team up in 2v1 3v1, beat the top guild in a championship match, and take them down from Top 1, with effort ... and then it'd be deserved ...

this way, rankings mean absolutely nothing, they are just a temporary fling, with 0 incentive to actually compete and try to win

for example, both LoW and FC are spending a bunch of diamonds competing right now, while Rebellious Gens, are safely sitting on a different map and sitting on top 1, while Rebellious Gens, doesn't even come close to activity, or quality, or guild strength as FC and LoW do, so ... knowing that some random guild can take us down, with 0 effort, why would we then continue to compete and spend diamonds?

you could also make it that the Total VP never reset, so ... a 3rd guild, could safely farm VP, pass the top guild in VP, like FC did last championship, but then for them to actually claim Top 1, they have to defeat the Top guild, and then once they defeat the top guild, and # of Won championships for example equates, they will have more total VP, hence claim the throne

it doesn't require much brain-power to understand that the current ranking system is badly flawed, and will kill any attempts of guilds to try to become the top dog, as essentially their efforts will not matter long term, nor should you be worrying about how small low quality guilds, could take down a Top guild ... they can take down a Top guild, by becoming a top guild and doing the work that the top guild does, to be a top guild ... it requires strategy, and imagination ... as that's how i would have taken down a top guild, if i was a underdog ... by forming alliances, and making sure the top guild can't win in a 3v1 for example, 1-2 championships and they are down, as even the hardest strongest guilds, if against 3 guilds, now don't stand much chance as it's a attrition game, and 3x 60 members (mid size guild) is 180 members worth of attrition, while the top guild has only 80 members worth of attrition (edited)

a guild can currently sit on the side, build CP's with a bunch of dead guilds, farm VP and get top 1 on rankings

Last edited:

Kev-

Private
and here comes again, KP with more criticism towards Inno games bad game desing ...

Championship ends ...
Lords of War won the championship ...
next championship starts ....
Lords of War get matched again against their toughest opponent FightClub, on season 1
while Rebellious Gens has a easy season, on a different map, has 0 won championships, is freely farming VP, and now has Top 1

where is the logic in this?
what is the point of winning championships, or counting the wins, if the wins do not count towards rankings??

imagine a top 20 guild, who doesn't have the ability to control the map a lot, but has a heavy diamond spender, who can afford to build CP's and rush everything with diamonds, and has 5 easy seasons where he doesn't have a lot of challenge, he wins all 5 seasons, gathers the most VP unchallenged, and ends up top 1, while the guild who won 5x Championship, is top 5 because that guild got matched in 2v1 or 3v1 situations 5 times, and couldn't have enough territory to farm VP as much as the Top 20 guy with diamonds in a easy matchup ...

breaks rankings doesn't it?

another guild should get to top 1, by winning the same amount of championships and having a higher # of total VP, the first equator should be won championships, then total VP, not just total VP ...

guilds can team up in 2v1 3v1, beat the top guild in a championship match, and take them down from Top 1, with effort ... and then it'd be deserved ...

this way, rankings mean absolutely nothing, they are just a temporary fling, with 0 incentive to actually compete and try to win

for example, both LoW and FC are spending a bunch of diamonds competing right now, while Rebellious Gens, are safely sitting on a different map and sitting on top 1, while Rebellious Gens, doesn't even come close to activity, or quality, or guild strength as FC and LoW do, so ... knowing that some random guild can take us down, with 0 effort, why would we then continue to compete and spend diamonds?

you could also make it that the Total VP never reset, so ... a 3rd guild, could safely farm VP, pass the top guild in VP, like FC did last championship, but then for them to actually claim Top 1, they have to defeat the Top guild, and then once they defeat the top guild, and # of Won championships for example equates, they will have more total VP, hence claim the throne

it doesn't require much brain-power to understand that the current ranking system is badly flawed, and will kill any attempts of guilds to try to become the top dog, as essentially their efforts will not matter long term, nor should you be worrying about how small low quality guilds, could take down a Top guild ... they can take down a Top guild, by becoming a top guild and doing the work that the top guild does, to be a top guild ... it requires strategy, and imagination ... as that's how i would have taken down a top guild, if i was a underdog ... by forming alliances, and making sure the top guild can't win in a 3v1 for example, 1-2 championships and they are down, as even the hardest strongest guilds, if against 3 guilds, now don't stand much chance as it's a attrition game, and 3x 60 members (mid size guild) is 180 members worth of attrition, while the top guild has only 80 members worth of attrition (edited)

a guild can currently sit on the side, build CP's with a bunch of dead guilds, farm VP and get top 1 on rankings
Different world exactly the same situation. The chance of inno remediying there obviously flawed thinking zero at a guess........... Essentially Global Ranking is only a snap shot league table of the current Championship and to call it any other dissrespectfull of the achievements of last rounds winners, whatever there world.

Malynn

Corporal
Really? Did you not notice this already existed since Settlements? If it bothers you that much you can always delete those fragments. Problem solved.
Really!!! If you have loads of time to waste and the patience to delete hundreds of fragments one at a time - good luck to you!

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Different world exactly the same situation. The chance of inno remediying there obviously flawed thinking zero at a guess........... Essentially Global Ranking is only a snap shot league table of the current Championship and to call it any other dissrespectfull of the achievements of last rounds winners, whatever there world.
A snapshot of current championship, with no respect towards previous achievements :) Nicely said ...

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I don't understand, why should LoW and FC now continue to spend diamonds in this match, if Rebellious Gens is gonna get the glory from our own pockets just by safely sitting in a different easy matchup? I mean ,.. do you understand what kind of diamond carnage is going on atm on G? every single slot is built with a command post, and that command post is rushed, in every building on the map, by both sides of the battle ...
4th day in a row ... and the way it's going, it's gonna be 11 days of diamond carnage ... and Rebellious Gens are gonna claim Top 1 trough VP in a safe match? really? ... so ... we basically stop spending diamonds then, and that's it right? it's the only logical way to go for both LOW and FC, as no matter who wins in our match, when the championship is over, all that carnage and effort by both sides, wont matter ... everything resets ...

papashakes

Corporal
you having a hard time this season KP? lol.. I hope you put in as big a complaint next round when your guild drops down a bit and you have the map to yourselves :)

KronikPillow

Sergeant
you having a hard time this season KP? lol.. I hope you put in as big a complaint next round when your guild drops down a bit and you have the map to yourselves :)
FC's win doesn't matter, and that the championship and GBG is setup now to be a pure diamond drain, and that my points to the ranking system and championship are on point, regardless of the outcome of the season and will continue, I was complaining 5 seasons ago as well when I realized that VP only matters, and you weren't winning then ;***

but i guess you will be on the same page with me, when you realize that you wasted all your diamonds to get 1 insignificant victory

harold mouse

Corporal
I don't understand, why should LoW and FC now continue to spend diamonds in this match, if Rebellious Gens is gonna get the glory from our own pockets just by safely sitting in a different easy matchup? I mean ,.. do you understand what kind of diamond carnage is going on atm on G? every single slot is built with a command post, and that command post is rushed, in every building on the map, by both sides of the battle ...
4th day in a row ... and the way it's going, it's gonna be 11 days of diamond carnage ... and Rebellious Gens are gonna claim Top 1 trough VP in a safe match? really? ... so ... we basically stop spending diamonds then, and that's it right? it's the only logical way to go for both LOW and FC, as no matter who wins in our match, when the championship is over, all that carnage and effort by both sides, wont matter ... everything resets ...

It is not understandable. By creating a "ranking" which is mostly determined by random factors the devs have decided to make a mockery of the game, and of those who play it. Because matchmaking in 1000 LP league has always been random the top two guilds will most likely not meet more often than they meet. In this case they will get easy wins and probably end the season as top two in the table --- but if they meet three times and one beats the other each time, the loser will likely end up below a yo-yo guild, who get all their vps and wins in lower diamond or even platinum (this happened in our world last championship). In any case the rest of the top ten will be mostly yo-yo guilds getting vps and wins in lower diamond and platinum. So the real kick in the teeth is given to guilds who maintain 1000LPs, who are deprived of both tower fragments and ranking.

I don't understand why the devs have decided to upset players with insult (loss of ranking) and injury (loss of rewards), but they can't say they have not done so deliberately, because they have declared that they have no intention to fix it for the foreseeable future, and given completely spurious reasons for that decision.

Agent327

Overlord
but i guess you will be on the same page with me, when you realize that you wasted all your diamonds to get 1 insignificant victory

You could not see that one coming?

"The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level."

Do you see victories mentioned anywhere?

Results in the past have no influence on the present.

harold mouse

Corporal
"The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level."

Even when I read this first, I failed to grasp exactly what it meant. It never occurred to me that Inno would do something so simplistic. No wonder the results are absurd, particular with the bad matchmaking which they refuse to change. Surely they could manage a weighted sum of the various elements which a knowledgeable person would think should go toward ranking --- at least the GvG ranking did that, whether or not one agreed with the weighting. None of this is difficult. They really should have had it sorted before going live.

Agent327

Overlord
Even when I read this first, I failed to grasp exactly what it meant. It never occurred to me that Inno would do something so simplistic. No wonder the results are absurd, particular with the bad matchmaking which they refuse to change. Surely they could manage a weighted sum of the various elements which a knowledgeable person would think should go toward ranking --- at least the GvG ranking did that, whether or not one agreed with the weighting. None of this is difficult. They really should have had it sorted before going live.

I find it rather refreshing. A new ranking with every Championship. No longer the same Guild on top for more than a year like it was when the ranking was based on GvG. Now every Guild has a chance to win the Championship, even if they might not be the strongest in the long run. I think it is brilliant!

Amazing! Good thing you guys aren't trying to craft a superbowl championship game.
What a mess it would be! It would be impossible to tell if the best team won or if it was the worst team.

Truly some crafty whiners trying to make a mediocre team a champion.

Agent327

Overlord
Amazing! Good thing you guys aren't trying to craft a superbowl championship game.
What a mess it would be! It would be impossible to tell if the best team won or if it was the worst team.

Truly some crafty whiners trying to make a mediocre team a champion.

You really know your sports. Superbowl LVI was between the #4 seeds of both divisions. Superbowl LV was between the #5 seed of the NFC and the #1 seed of the AFC. The #5 seed won by a landslide. Superbowl LIV was between the #2 seed of the AFC and the #1 seed of the NFC. The #2 seed won. Do I need to go on with this, or do you start to see a pattern?

Makes you wonder who the real whiners are.