• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117523

I think this is just a reskin of GE. Please get rid of GE if you do implement this system as the last thing I need is two time and resource consuming chore every week.

Current gvg is not perfect but it has its charms. I know fixing it involves actual thinking and work so maybe thats too much to ask for now, but please do not replace it entirely with this new system. If you do I might very well stop playing altogether as this game will then become almost identical to every other freemium game there is out there.

DeletedUser

Getting rid of GE is a stupid and selfish idea as it is of major benefit to both Guilds and Players. If Inno gets rid of anything then it should be the GvG which they refuse to fix to a standard that suits the many adherents who complain of a number of long standing faults. If the terminology applied within the Announcement is anything to go by, then GvG's days are numbered in any case.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Getting rid of GE is a stupid and selfish idea as it is of major benefit to both Guilds and Players. If Inno gets rid of anything then it should be the GvG which they refuse to fix to a standard that suits the many adherents who complain of a number of long standing faults. If the terminology applied within the Announcement is anything to go by, then GvG's days are numbered in any case.
or they should get rid of any negotiating options, that would also made game more easy and less demanding for servers cause GvG players and fighters hate negotiating but i bet players wich play FoE like it is farmville like yourself are in love with negotiating, i personaly hate negotiating cause its waste of goods wich can be used for GvG so that mean that inno should ditch it cause i dont like it??? so if any of those 3 options (GE, GbG and GvG) should be put away it should be GE cause its basicly single player thing and if i want to play single player games there are a lot better games than FoE for that for sure but i bet you and your guild have problems to do something noticable in GvG so that is why you want GvG away...

DeletedUser111430

Don't want to sound negative but I found GvG a bit difficult to understand. Plus, FoE can be time consuming but is very enjoyable so GvG has been ignored by me. I see Battlefields as interesting but I will have to see how it goes as to whether I play or not. Maybe the low player numbers for GvG are because many players don't want to play it!

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, my 5 cents.

First, it's an opinion from almost daily GvGer and a player that plays FoE pretty much only because of GvG. I'm lucky that recalc falls into my daily timeslot that suits me really well (like, REALLY well, an hour earlier or later would already be a bummer, anything else would be nearly impossible).

I'm also coming from a competitive gaming world, my connection is very fast, PC is top notch, I've got over 1100% att with almost 300% def for attacking units, so you can imagine GvG for me is quite easy, even if we're severely shorthanded in terms of PC players active at GvG, we're doing a good job at sticking it at the largest guild on our server, it's often like poking a single-cell organism. So yeah, GvG is fun, I like it.

However, I'm fully aware of why GvG is bad and will never be good, even with technical fixes, and kudos to Inno, with this new gameplay feature it seems they mitigated most of the issues that GvG has, namely a) removing a set time recalc, b) removing a siege speed importance and c) involving mobile players, even if that's where I personally do very well, I would still like other players to be able to participate more actively.

So far so good, WIP idea looks fine, seems like Inno is willing to listen for suggestions too, if it proves to be what it promises, I'd happily live without GvG altogether. Even if poking that single-cell organism can be loads of fun, doing the same thing day after can also become boring.

And for those people saying that 5% of GvGers are irrelevant, would you also say that ~10% of paying customers are also irrelevant? If you know that a large portion of those 5% are making those ~10% of paying customers, and most of that 5% are also long term players, then your statement would be shortsighted. Inno obviously isn't that shortsighted, that's why they are keeping GvG alive, even if they would shot that monster a long while ago, if it's not for $$$.

Small smatterings of sense in amongst the self indulgent bragging BS . Most of ENagach will know which is which ;) . And ofc your poking is only effective in your own mind . We amoebas (lol ) .. like the odd prod , keeps us alive ...and we even let you think youre effective from time to time ...when it suits us :)

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Small smatterings of sense in amongst the self indulgent bragging BS . Most of ENagach will know which is which ;) . And ofc your poking is only effective in your own mind . We amoebas (lol ) .. like the odd prod , keeps us alive ...and we even let you think youre effective from time to time ...when it suits us :)
why you even bother with replying??? When player and his guild lose 9000 power in 3 days in GvG and then siege back and lose over 400 troops on sieges and still not win anything back cause he lose all on calc and then convince others he is good at this game you really think he desrve responce???

Major Spank

Private
Can some one please explain attrition and who and how it will effect individual players. I would hate to see it balancing players, all the effort some players put in to have a high att/def should be rewarded somehow. Should be able to do more fights to help as they get harder.

DeletedUser105522

On topic:
I honestly think the GB leagues should be shared between the worlds ( like GE).
Competing against your own world’s guilds is gonna be boring as hell after few months.
I suspect some worlds have only handful of very active guilds and it would mean the Diamond league would consist of same 5-8 guilds ( pretty much always). We all know our own opponents in our own worlds. We fight them daily anyway but the real excitement is to compete against best from other worlds :)
Please consider to make the leagues shared.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109087

inno havent started development yet. they wont start for some time, as it needs to be designed/agreed. so if we consider the work involved from concept to rollout to live servers, I guess we are talking about a year. its a big development, not something that will get coded in a month or 2.

I like the idea a lot. but as with others, have concerns. a "top guild" will want to remain top. what does that mean ? can we have a ranking table for the world, rather than gvg in that world, which combines GE + GVG + GB

currently gvg is dominated by players who have eitehr spent a lot on diamonds, or been playing for 5 years, or play 24x7. no way to change that, and the investment in time needs respect. but if GB includes a way for less advanced players to participate, like GE does, then thats a good thing.

DeletedUser

The problem with GvG is that the large powerful Guilds dominate the maps. Nobody wants to do GvG in a situation like that.
Not sure how this will help GvG

In comparison to these large guild mine is small, but we still give them a run for their money and they don't like it up em. GvG is not all about size and strength :)

Deleted member 109369

DeletedUser

Unfortunately I think BG will go the same way as GE, GE is boring and repetitive and you only have so much space in your city so a bulk of the prizes just sit in your inventory.

Although I appreciate Inno's attempt to bring something new to the game, I honestly think they are ignoring the PC players and its these players that effectively gave birth to FoE.

GvG is really the only element of the game that changes on a daily basis and in my opinion stops this game from becoming "farm ville", and what really saddens me is the amount of players lost or just fed up with the fact that Inno will not fix it, and this is why we have a low percentage participating. The only reason the numbers have declined is the state of the game and no other.

What just compounds this agony is when Inno bring out ideas such as this, because it just highlights the fact they are ignoring us.

So again I say fix GvG first.

Still no info will guilds from different worlds end up on same map, cause i doubt any world have enough guilds for same league that repeating of same guilds on same map could be avoided...
Lady Marlena said:
Guild Battlegrounds - is it for guilds inside one world like GVG or different worlds like GE ?
The matchmaking will only happen on the respective world. No cross-world or cross-market at this time.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
only good side of this new thing wich i hoped for, to compete with other guilds from other worlds at least in some way arent option, then this new thing is totaly useless...

DeletedUser105544

I didn't write a comment on forum for a long time but now I have to say a few words:
- first: by introducing this feature, GvG will go to history 100%, that is the pure logic because the whole concept of Guild Battlegrounds goes in that direction
- second: GvG is fine a concept and there is no need to replace it, Inno only needs to fix GvG lag at reset time (8PM GMT), or to introduce different time calculation where server won't be overloaded by all players in the same time. For example system where 24h sector protection starts from the moment when guild conquers sector instead of 8PM reset for all. All GvG activity happens at reset, when sector protection expires, and only small percentage of players (as you said only 5%) have a daily schedule that allows them to be online at 8pm.
- third: without the possibility to defend the sector, half of the fun and the team work will be gone

I am an old GvG player, I play GvG from the very beginnings and I played FoE long before GvG has been created, so I was in position to see how the things were developing from much wider perspective during all this years. If you want to create some sort of GvG for non-fighters (i.e. negotiators) just don't do it. By softening hard core fighting feature you won't satisfy hard core fighters while it will still be too aggressive for negotiators.

That is my opinion. Cheers!

KnightOnion

Private
A thought about Attrition. The main reason I don't play as much GvG as I would like is that most of the activity is just before and just after the GvG maps are reset at 8pm server time. This must cause a significant load on the servers at around 8pm each day. With Attrition wouldn't it be more scalable if rather than resetting our Attrition to zero at a specific time each day, that it is always based upon how many fights you have had in the past 24 hours. For example if each fight adds 10% and we can't fight once it gets to 100%. I could make 5 fights at 7am and 5 fights at 1pm. The Attrition would prevent me from fighting until just after 8am the next day when it would drop to 50% because I have only had 5 fights in the past 24 hours at that point in time. This would allow us to fight when it suits us.

Status
Not open for further replies.