• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building Theories

Surge

Brigadier-General
Great Building Theories

!This guide contains theories! Some may be implemented mechanics, and some may just be illusions.

PLEASE DO NOT FLAME ME FOR MISLEADING INFORMATION! THESE ARE THOUGHTS, NOT TRUTHS!

The Beginner Theory

People who start the game fresh on a new world have possibly a higher blueprint drop chance. This is supported by the following discoveries:

1) Only few buildings are open to players in the Bronze stage. Because of this, your choice of motivating or polishing is very small, which makes polishing same age buildings much easier.

2) It is very likely that the time played has an influence on drop rates. Considering that fresh players have spent only a few hours or days in the Bronze age and Colonial Age player have spent at least 4 months (disregarding diamond use), since the Colonial players had more time to get blueprints, in theory their chances should be decreased to balance things out.

The Similarity Theory

This theory is composed of nothing but personal experience. Starting on a new world, if one polishes EITHER ONLY Stilt Houses OR Potteries many times in succession uninterrupted, the chances of a blueprint dropping steadily increases until a blueprint has been dropped, which at that point resets the chances to default. This is plausible since I have gained 5 Blueprints for Statue of Zeus while following this method in just 3 days WITHOUT diamonds, but it is very difficult to get M/P dropped blueprints while in my Colonial Age Arvahall world. That may also be accounted by the Beginner Theory Thought 2.

The Same Technology Theory

This is quite unlikely to be true, but is plausible. After waking up, I dumped all my forge points to research Cultivation and start on Slingers by 4 points. After motivating 2 people right after putting forge points, I found yet another Statue of Zeus blueprint, albeit a dupe. My further thoughts on this may include:

1) Chances are increased in proportion to the percentage of the current Military technology undergoing research. This means that someone researching Imperial Guards at 70/80 points do not have a higher chance of finding a blueprint than someone researching Bronze Age Warriors at 7/8 points. Since both players are researching a tech with the same % completed, they should be the same.

2) Attacking a neighbor while researching a military tech might also have slightly increased chances of finding a blueprint. This theory thought has not been tested and therefore unconfirmed.

The Same Age Theory

This theory states that polishing or motivating someone's building that is in the same age as you or that player will net a higher drop chance. This works well in conjunction to the Beginner Theory. This is a very controversial theory.

The Inactivity Theory

It seems that players who have not polished or motivated in a long time (scaling from 1 week to 1 month) steadily increase their chances of finding a blueprint minimally. This means that after 1 month of sitting and doing nothing, polishing and motivating has a much higher chance of dropping a blueprint. After it does, chances reset to default.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE ARE JUST THEORIES THAT MAY NOT BE TRUE AND NOT COMPLETELY CONFIRMED! IT IS POSSIBLE THAT NONE OF THESE ARE TRUE, BUT THESE CANNOT BE PASSED UP AND SHOULD BE RESEARCHED A BIT MORE!

Last edited:

DeletedUser3157

People who start the game fresh on a new world have possibly a higher blueprint drop chance.
- This is only theory out there that I think I and most others can agree it excists, but only for the very first BPs. For others there is next to no proof and I find them to be very very unlikely. Btw you left out the most common superstition I've heard of them all - the same age theory. As in drop rates are to be slightly better if only polish/motivate buildings from same age.

There is also the activity based theory. And while I find odds of those others theorys being real less than 0.1%, I would actually give this one up to 5% odds of being real. Very unlikely still, but unlike others it would at least make some kind of logical sense gaming wise. It is the theory that drop rate formula gets better for people who very rarely do any polish/motivate actions. That is until they get their BP again. Somewhat similar logic to "first BP theory", just think of it reseting every month or whatever period. Think of it as an almost "quaranteed" BP for everyone over some time period who bothers to do some search actions(very big odds of finding), while for any "extra" BPs there is the normal 1/200 drop rate. End resoult causing less disparity between top active and hardly active players and not demoralizing hardly active players due to never seeing any BPs.

Anyways I'm a belivier of the "random BP theory". Means you have random odds of about 1/200 getting a BP with P/M no matter how you click or whatever you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6475

/dont understand the Colosseum building, i mean it gives 15 medal at level 10 and 4000 happiness, but its a 6x6 and if you fill up that space with exotic vendor (that can be also polished) you get much more than 4000 happiness, so is this building just for 15 poor medals?

DeletedUser

Pretty much, but take into account the Age of which this building is. You're comparing an Iron Age building with a Colonial Age building. ;)
Compared to other Iron Age buildings, that Colosseum is pretty bad-ass. :D

- L

DeletedUser6475

sorry but thats the only great building that gives so few things, the others are much more usefull, doesnt care if bronze or iron or whatever...colosseum is the only one unusefull

:)

DeletedUser4089

Seems useful enough to be, lose a few public baths, gain another medal expansion or two. Also, it's the Colosseum, I'd want it even if it gave me nothing.

DeletedUser6475

well i manage 3 accounts in 3 different server and i have 12 Gb in each account, but trust me the colosseum is unusefull

Merry Xmas :)

PS:Am i your best customer? :)

Surge

Brigadier-General
- This is only theory out there that I think I and most others can agree it excists, but only for the very first BPs. For others there is next to no proof and I find them to be very very unlikely. Btw you left out the most common superstition I've heard of them all - the same age theory. As in drop rates are to be slightly better if only polish/motivate buildings from same age.

There is also the activity based theory. And while I find odds of those others theorys being real less than 0.1%, I would actually give this one up to 5% odds of being real. Very unlikely still, but unlike others it would at least make some kind of logical sense gaming wise. It is the theory that drop rate formula gets better for people who very rarely do any polish/motivate actions. That is until they get their BP again. Somewhat similar logic to "first BP theory", just think of it reseting every month or whatever period. Think of it as an almost "quaranteed" BP for everyone over some time period who bothers to do some search actions(very big odds of finding), while for any "extra" BPs there is the normal 1/200 drop rate. End resoult causing less disparity between top active and hardly active players and not demoralizing hardly active players due to never seeing any BPs.

Anyways I'm a belivier of the "random BP theory". Means you have random odds of about 1/200 getting a BP with P/M no matter how you click or whatever you do.

Added those two theories. Thanks.