• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Get rid of extra attempts prize on GE

• Thread starter DeletedUser104418
  • Start date

DeletedUser104418

couldnt find this anywhere else but how about on next update scrapping the winning of extra attempts on guild expedition. If not completely then at least on level 4 when Inno had promised better rewards than could be won on the first three levels for a more difficult battle.

I am currently 2.5 days into this weeks guild expedition and am already half way through level 4 with 12 'attempts' remaining because of my 'prizes'. If players can't finish to their desired point with the 142 attempts available currently, winning a few more won't be of any use to them. And I am sure they would like a bit more for their efforts than the chance to have an extra go.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Disagree with getting rid of them entirely. Agree with removing them as prizes on higher levels. Level 1 is really easy on its own so the extra GE attempts for prizes on some of them can be pretty neat to climb quickly to level 2 and start actually raking the prizes. But I think it's best to remove them from level 3 and 4. Especially 4.

Of course, I'm speaking from a perspective of not owning all medal expansions. I know others might object to the prize entirely because they have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of medals they can't use on anything else except donate to the treasury for AA GvG. Still, +1 from me.

DeletedUser110195

I'd say remove them from all but level 1, where even I with only 4 levels on aachen and zeus can plow through without slowing down. By the time of 2, unless you've got the attacker GBs capped, you're going to start slowing down and 3 is way too hard to just bulldoze it without more than 10 levels on those 3 GBs. I don't even want to think about how hard 4 is, but I doubt anyone needs extra attempts at that level.

DeletedUser110168

I disagree from removing them from GE IV for one reason: Negotiations.
Usually I fight through lvl IV but last week I was too busy and had to negotiate it. On a 15min Tavern extra turn boost, it makes a HUGE difference in lvl IV to have all those attempts just sitting there for the taking! Let the attempts fill up to 8 before you start and pop on a boost and you can finish lvl IV in one sitting, easy! I see no real reason to ditch the attempts anyhow when you consider all the other great prizes in lvl IV. Last week I got like 300 diamonds total from GE + a Terrace Farm! Though that isn't typical, there is no reason to get rid of the attempts.

DeletedUser104418

Agree about the great prizes but how upset would you be if instead of 100 diamonds you won 4 extra attempts? I was away Thursday-Friday and have still managed to complete the expedition on my return last night through all the extra attempts meaning I still have wasted what could have been an additional minimum of 48 attempts.

Even with negotiations, surely this is enough attempts without winning additional ones?

As was noted earlier, extra attempts on the first couple of levels are fine if that's what people want but surely for people working through to levels 3 & 4 the reward should be a lot better?

DeletedUser653

extra attempts are useful for some but are a totally useless prize when your attemp bar is full as you do not even get the prize. if you win attempts these should always be added to your bar even when full of the hourly ones.

DeletedUser110168

Agree about the great prizes but how upset would you be if instead of 100 diamonds you won 4 extra attempts?
That was me two weeks ago haha :P

Even with negotiations, surely this is enough attempts without winning additional ones?
Totally agree with this, my point is it allows you to finish GE IV in one go with one boost, as opposed to waiting on attempts to refill and having to buy another boost later.

extra attempts are useful for some but are a totally useless prize when your attemp bar is full as you do not even get the prize. if you win attempts these should always be added to your bar even when full of the hourly ones.
They ARE added to the bar even if you are already full, I carried more than 8 attempts through most of GE III :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

They ARE added to the bar even if you are already full, I carried more than 8 attempts through most of GE III :)

wow i was not aware of this and still think they are not but i will closely check on the new GE starting this week, hopefully i will be posting my thanks in a day :)

DeletedUser110168

wow i was not aware of this and still think they are not but i will closely check on the new GE starting this week, hopefully i will be posting my thanks in a day :)

"The attempt bar goes until 10 so I just wasted some attempts that I won, the bar maximum should be raised."

"it has no maximum
I had over 20 in it

only the time to create new ones is lost when someone has 8 or more"

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ancing-changes-and-4th-difficulty.6910/page-6

Replies 116 and 117 :)

DeletedUser108842

One of the few suggestions I can say no to.

As I think 6 days are enough to complete the whole GE. If you store additional attempts that sounds a little bit abusive in addition to the tavern boost.
If you store (for example) 10 attempts + 8 additional (not to say that you can even win some more on the way) you may pass two levels of GE in 5-10 minutes.
Sorry.

If such a thing should be implemented they should reduce the chance of winning extra attempts but that's something else to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110386

Get rid of extra attempts ...
Way enought time to do it in a week, and so many more interestinb and rewarding price for the effort than extra attempt...
Imo that is

+1

At least reduce the chance of getting extra attemps.
How about adding extra free tries on negotiations? That would be more useful than extra attempts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

+1 especially for level 4.. it sucks to have scrapped through a level only to be rewarded with more attempts...

DeletedUser108688

For some people they are needed. Not everyone has the chance to get on regularly to complete early so the extra attempts are welcome as the end of the GE week approaches. I often have to spend medals on attempts to get it finished.

DeletedUser103370

★★★★☆

This is exactly one of those things, which we should ask the public opinion about, do a poll or something. Personally I'd support the removal too since I consider it absolutely useless, sadly along with many of the others. I usually only do level 1 because it's simply not worth it to do the rest (that of course depends on your level and bonuses too), but for example the past two weeks I got nothing, repeat nothing else but useless coins, supplies, and buildings, what I will never ever use... The most useful thing I got was the occasional troops, which is only useful because at least they reduce my troop losses.
I feel that inno heavily reduced the useful stuff, for example I haven't got a single diamond in the past 6 weeks...