• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Get more players involved in certain planned/proposed changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser103370
  • Start date

DeletedUser103370

Proposal
An in-game "polling-like" question, every once in a while.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Haven't found any, let me know if there is one already.

Reason
To involve a much wider audience in helping to decide, how would players like a change implemented.

Details
Here in the forum, we have a very limited player base, who actually voting on ideas at all. It could happen that it doesn't reflect a majority, or simply get lost, still getting implemented later based on a similar suggestion. It would be great if we could involve many more players and see how they think about an important change from time to time.

I was thinking that the devs. could cherry-pick ideas from here, and present it in-game to everyone to hear their opinion. There are a few options I can think about
  • for example a pop-up when you login to the game, presenting the idea briefly, with a couple of possible choices -like a poll- this is a bit intrusive though
  • or we could have an extra button added, ie. "ideas for consideration" next to the social bar, which would have an exclamation mark in case there is something up for debate
In the details of the presented idea a player would be able to vote up/down, or choose from answers. For the sake of unbiased votes, I'd not show the results, only after it's decided if and how the idea will be implemented, but that's just me.
As an appreciation of taking your time to vote, perhaps players could get a small amount of something, like gold in return, or/and even you could introduce a new badge, like "shaper of FoE" or something, you get the idea.

The frequency should be low, like once a week or even less, but I'd expect this to not only get more players here on the forum, but making people feel more appreciated and involved in shaping the future of the game, also giving you a more accurate view on how people feel about a certain change or feature.

Visual Aids
You can imagine, a modal window like the ones you have for Diamond discounts for example, or an extra button in the bottom-left

Balance

More people involved in shaping the game, better understand player's needs.

Abuse Prevention
N/A.

Summary
I always think it's a good approach, to try and involve people in expressing their feelings in one way or another, think about big companies, like Microsoft's insiders program, or TwitterInsiders etc. I'm talking about a more direct way to get involved in the brainstorming than a simple forum, which is clearly avoided by the majority of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17180

+1

i actually like this. we know they add new updates and changes once in a while, but with an in-game voting system, they can get more opinions from a wider range. but this depends on what and how much of that they plan to share. i think this will have a moderate use overall, and to me, it will show that they care about our opinions as well.

joesoap

Major-General
new ideas are presented here in the forum, players have the choice or coming here & viewing them & voting on them, every player
that plays the game can have access to the forum, if players chose not to use it then its probably cause they dont care enough, dont have enough time or multiple other reasons, i really dont want idea popups ingame

DeletedUser103370

new ideas are presented here in the forum, players have the choice or coming here & viewing them & voting on them, every player
that plays the game can have access to the forum, if players chose not to use it then its probably cause they dont care enough, dont have enough time or multiple other reasons, i really dont want idea popups ingame

Yes, they do have the choice @joesoap . Now tell me how many players you see participating here, a couple dozen? We have allegedly millions of players - but even if in reality we have a few hundred-thousands -, don't you think that number is absurd?

And yes, exactly as you say. Most likely many of them don't care enough to come up here and spend more time with it, that's why we should/could try to involve them in other ways. If you could vote on an idea once in a while in-game, I would put a bet on it that we would have multiple times more feedback, than we do now.

Oh and you say you wouldn't like pop-ups, that's totally understandable, but if you read through the proposal you can see that I said too, the pop-ups a bit intrusive, so there are other options, like a simple extra button with an exclamation mark, which wouldn't interfere at all with your experience. And of course there are countless other ways to present a voting system, I reckon the main question is IF and not HOW at this point.

DeletedUser108240

Sorry, but I thoroughly agree with Joe.
All I would add is that the best ideas tend to come from people who care enough to DO something, what you will mostly get by pushing people to say something is complaints and rants against Inno. Not constructive.

love Villow

DeletedUser103370

Sorry, but I thoroughly agree with Joe.
All I would add is that the best ideas tend to come from people who care enough to DO something, what you will mostly get by pushing people to say something is complaints and rants against Inno. Not constructive.

love Villow

While I'm not saying it has to be an in-game voting system - it's just something I thought would be cool, and new, and perhaps inspiring -, the attitude "they can come here and there, do it like this or that already, if they don't I don't care" is not the best in my opinion.

I mean forget my proposal just for a moment, and think about simply the fact of people ignoring the forum, ignoring the possibility to express their opinions. There must be some main reasons behind that, and I don't think it's the design or accessibility, this forum is awesomely designed and maintained.

You basically say that if we would have a lot of people participating in this, then we would have a lot of ranting and complaints. TRUE.
Also true, that we would have just as many more viable and perhaps lovely ideas, which would only make the game better and more playable for all of us! Not to mention that the devs. would get a much more precise look into what the majority thinks about important changes, I'm pretty sure, that a handful of people will never be able to represent hundreds of thousands.

Take any proposed ideas you'd like, perhaps those who here give mostly +1, while in reality if we could have involved most of the players, maybe it would have mainly -1. Or the other way around.
The decision is still in the hands of the devs, but that would be a more accurate result, of how people think.

The goal of this forum is exactly that: the devs. realized they make the game for the people not for themselves, thus they wanted to know what their customers think. This is a very good attitude, and modern thinking, and it's a trend rising in every aspect of RL which I very much appreciate. But if it's not working as it supposed to (only a minority gets involved), then I think they should do something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

-1, INNO most of the time anyhow ignores the feedback given... and worst case they use feedback given to add some extra nerving to the game by implementing a solution that is in many cases worse than the original issue. IMO there shall be more involvement of the players here in the forum to evaluate the solutions that INNO wants to implement, but INNO communicated nothing to us, we gamers just have to follow their so called great ideas.
(and great for them in many cases means money-making)

DeletedUser103370

:) So you wouldn't like a better voting system, because Inno doesn't care anyway?
We should close this forum too then what do you think? I mean what's the point then right?

DeletedUser16126

:) So you wouldn't like a better voting system, because Inno doesn't care anyway?
We should close this forum too then what do you think? I mean what's the point then right?
I see the forum rather has a social function, not many ideas get picked up and many ideas are just implemented opposite to what they were meant to be.
To me it's stupid to ask feedback with a one-liner to people not interested to give feedback.
People logging want to play, and they want to get rid of everything that slows down the login progress,
to avoid the question popping up again they will quickly click on an answer.

In that kind of situations you can influence the result only with the formulation of the question.
I want he game designers to be busy with the game design and make the game more attractive, not with debates on how a question shall be formulated.

DeletedUser103370

I see the forum rather has a social function, not many ideas get picked up and many ideas are just implemented opposite to what they were meant to be.
To me it's stupid to ask feedback with a one-liner to people not interested to give feedback.
People logging want to play, and they want to get rid of everything that slows down the login progress,
to avoid the question popping up again they will quickly click on an answer.

In that kind of situations you can influence the result only with the formulation of the question.
I want he game designers to be busy with the game design and make the game more attractive, not with debates on how a question shall be formulated.

It's not about a one liner, perhaps you just rushed through the proposal, and didn't notice what is this all about.

• the detailed proposal could be shown, or even pointing here to the forum's discussion.
  • as I said 3 times now :), it doesn't have to be a pop-up! it could be an extra button with an exclamation mark, so it wouldn't affect your login progress, nor be intrusive
  • and you can't be serious, thinking that making a 10 minute vote about an important change in every 2nd-3rd week would affect the devs. ability to enhance the game...