• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GE delayed start

BB SPARKLE

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
SO i am in 3 guilds, one doesn`t care we start GE as soon as possible. The 2nd waits till 8.20 (server) till the opposition is visible and matched. The 3rd one waits an hour till start, saying that it will give us an easier opposition, and they do not even allow to open GE or look at it for an hour, because if you, you get the opponents matched. I do not believe this magical thinking but to beat it i would need and information based on facts how and when do the guilds get matched for GE every time and does the time when you start the new GE has anything to do with it.

Knight of ICE

Matching is based on the number of members a Guild has. Nothing else. Easier opposition if you wait is an urban legend. They tell you you can not look. Just look and look again after an hour. Nobody can see you are looking.

Emberguard

Legend
If you managed to get everyone to complete 64 encounters before opponents are shown then congrats, you win :P 'cause so many Guilds wait for the opponent to be shown xD Waiting until your opponents are shown will do absolutely nothing on who you end up versing

BB SPARKLE

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
Yes i know that just need some facts, arguments to beat this magical thinking the leader of my guild has :)

Emberguard

Legend
Yes i know that just need some facts, arguments to beat this magical thinking the leader of my guild has :)

From the Wiki:

Every week your guild will be grouped together with up to 7 similarly-sized random guilds from different worlds of your language version [....]

There are a few participation rules. First of all, only guilds with at least 3 members who already got to Iron Age, will be taken into the Championships. Secondly, at least one member must have contributed to the previous Expedition of their current guild. If one of these requirements is not met, the guild can still take part in the Expedition, but will not participate in the Championships.

Knight of ICE

Just open GE when you are not supposed to. Take a screenshot. Do the same one hour later and show your leader it had no influence at all.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
SO i am in 3 guilds, one doesn`t care we start GE as soon as possible. The 2nd waits till 8.20 (server) till the opposition is visible and matched. The 3rd one waits an hour till start, saying that it will give us an easier opposition, and they do not even allow to open GE or look at it for an hour, because if you, you get the opponents matched. I do not believe this magical thinking but to beat it i would need and information based on facts how and when do the guilds get matched for GE every time and does the time when you start the new GE has anything to do with it.
If you want proof that this silliness of waiting for 'easier matching' is a fib - one of these weeks, as soon as they open the GE - look at the scores of your opponents. Not necessarily all of them will have points already, but most like the top 3 will - and depending what kind of opponent, they may have built a sizeable lead. Absolutely no truth to this fable, other than 'don't believe everything you hear/read' - and in this case, it is very simple for you/your guild, to disprove it.