• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Oracle of Delphi: When to stop levelling?

• Thread starter DeletedUser117026
  • Start date

DeletedUser117026

Hi,

At the moment this is the only GB I have and when I look ahead to high level players and search their city to see what they are using I do not find Oracle of Delphi.

This makes me think another GB later in the game offers much better stats and replaces it although I am not sure which one that would be.

As I am still fairly new and FP's are slow to come by I would appreciate some advice on this and at what level to stop for this GB.

My current thinking is to get to level 4 and then close it :)

Emberguard

Legend
I think I got my delphi to lvl 6 and got rid of it in Colonial Age.

You could probably dump it by EMA given you'll have access to the Hagia Sophia. You're right it's not something high players tend to keep long term. The amount of FPs needed to lvl in proportion to its output is quite inefficient long term but it's useful early on just to get your city going

DeletedUser117026

You could probably dump it by EMA given you'll have access to the Hagia Sophia.

Thanks and as I am already in EMA then I will look into Hagia Sophia although so far I have not yet found any blueprints for it :)

There are a few higher lever Oracles out there but I've no idea why. In later eras they are easily out done by standard culture buildings and it is generally a waste of good fp

DeletedUser117026

Do the events for fp buildings and dc for soks. They add up pretty quickly.

Haha, its great to be shown how much more there is to know ;)

I need to find the Mnemonic section of the wiki I guess for "dc" and "soks" :)

DeletedUser117026

Thanks.

I guess my last point on this is now I have Oracle of Delphi at level 4 is there a way to close it or does it always remain available for other players to contribute?

I did check the Wiki and also googled this but did not find an answer.

Thanks.

I guess my last point on this is now I have Oracle of Delphi at level 4 is there a way to close it or does it always remain available for other players to contribute?

All GBs are open to level 10, you then need a complete set of blueprints to open each level thereafter

Jaspero949

Private
Thanks.

I suggest keeping it as it is until you can replace it with a better GB.
The GB section on the build menu should let you see what other GBs will become available.

stevejohnson

Private
you won't find Delphi in higher level players cities because it wasn't around when they started, if you need happiness look to event buildings and alcatraz

DeletedUser113901

The OoD is something you should ditch on day 1 (using your 20 FP reward for research). It will not be useful untill very late in the game when your innovation tower will provide too much population for your alcatraz and your hagia sofia to balance. Failing to be enthusiastic will leed to your failing to complete most events.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Hi,

At the moment this is the only GB I have and when I look ahead to high level players and search their city to see what they are using I do not find Oracle of Delphi.

This makes me think another GB later in the game offers much better stats and replaces it although I am not sure which one that would be.

As I am still fairly new and FP's are slow to come by I would appreciate some advice on this and at what level to stop for this GB.

My current thinking is to get to level 4 and then close it :)
I never leveled it, and deleted it in High middle ages. You might want to keep it until HMA as supply production in EMA really sucks.

DeletedUser111428

The OoD is something you should ditch on day 1 (using your 20 FP reward for research). It will not be useful untill very late in the game when your innovation tower will provide too much population for your alcatraz and your hagia sofia to balance. Failing to be enthusiastic will leed to your failing to complete most events.
Also, as you progress in Ages, you will be able to layout better Roads that will provide you additional Happiness...and, recently, most of the recent Events Buildings also provided Happiness; almos all the players that I know are doing quite fine when it comes down to Happiness at later Ages.

To come back to the Oracle of Delphia GB, it is an interesting GB to have at the beginning but, as soon as you can get your hands on something that provides more Happiness, then chances are that a player will do like most other players: they will remove this GB from the city and, indirectly, save FPs moving forward :)

Galladhorn

Monarch
Thanks.

Just take it easy, At that level changes for it to be leveled if you do not do anything yourself are small - and in any case if someone wants to give the PFs then so let them,

And don´t dicth it before you have a replacement.

Cheers ;)

DeletedUser113901

Also, as you progress in Ages, you will be able to layout better Roads that will provide you additional Happiness...and, recently, most of the recent Events Buildings also provided Happiness; almos all the players that I know are doing quite fine when it comes down to Happiness at later Ages.

To come back to the Oracle of Delphia GB, it is an interesting GB to have at the beginning but, as soon as you can get your hands on something that provides more Happiness, then chances are that a player will do like most other players: they will remove this GB from the city and, indirectly, save FPs moving forward :)
Me on Jaims:
Population:47111
Available population:31345
Happiness:60308
Productivity:100% (happy)
Needed for enthusiasm:5648
Alcatraz:58 (0/2784)
Alcatraz happiness 58:27215
Alcatraz happiness 59:27448 (+233)
Hagia Sofia:62 (1755/2221)
HS happiness 62:15936
HS happiness 63:16064 (+128)
OoD:8 (10/550)
OoD happiness 8:1290
OoD happiness 9:1490 (+200)
Inno twr:63 (0/3339)
Inno twr pop: 38428
So I find the OoD quite useful.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Bad News:

NO Oracle blueprint can be generated from recurring quests - random rewards

I'm in Bronze Age and about to reach Level 10.
I think, "Great! Let me now unlock more levels!"
Checked the inventory, and found zero blueprint for Oracle.
By contrast, I've already collected about 5 sets of Zeus prints (nine pieces averaged) and 3 sets of Babel prints, all from recurring quests - random rewards
But no Oracle... So, Level 10, end of the line, for camper in Broze Age, since Architecture (enabling GB donation) tech is in (the beginning of) Iron Age tree.