• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes--Feedback thread

DeletedUser13082

Not just closing, but actually DELITING an entire 16 page thread what people spent collective hours if not days writing? Way to go to infuriate people even that half that didn't mind the change, well at least until now. Why was this new thread even made btw? Not like you want people to actually discuss this stuff AT ALL, as evident.

There was bad feedback hint, that's all there is to it mate. Bad feedback = "this is not the correct thread" good feedback = "thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated".

Feedback in general isn't wanted, that's the simple side of things. If the feedback is good, it is accepted with gratitude, if the feedback is bad, the player is punished. Any feedback, (good or bad in opinion of the person giving it) isn't wanted, nor is it taken into account. Every player on this game could voice the same opinion concerning a bad update but the changes still wouldn't be made. The update would go ahead and the response would be "deal with it".

DeletedUser

There was bad feedback hint, that's all there is to it mate. Bad feedback = "this is not the correct thread" good feedback = "thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated".

Feedback in general isn't wanted, that's the simple side of things. If the feedback is good, it is accepted with gratitude, if the feedback is bad, the player is punished. Any feedback, (good or bad in opinion of the person giving it) isn't wanted, nor is it taken into account. Every player on this game could voice the same opinion concerning a bad update but the changes still wouldn't be made. The update would go ahead and the response would be "deal with it".

Agreed. This is why I no longer give feedback to Innogames, the only thing I'll ever get from them is answers to questions.

DeletedUser96867

Agreed. This is why I no longer give feedback to Innogames, the only thing I'll ever get from them is answers to questions.

You must have a much lower definition of what you call answers, than i do.

DeletedUser

You must have a much lower definition of what you call answers, than i do.

When I contact support, I generally get answers:

NT7YEkb.png

DeletedUser96867

When I contact support, I generally get answers:

I find the answers i get back are usually cryptic, very unclear and look like the small print written by a lawyer. Often the smallest most simple piece of info has to be dragged out of them. Often i get the feeling that they themselves don't have the answer but instead of saying so they try to bluff their way through the response.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do have to say I am troubled at the deleting of 16 pages of comments as well hint, not to mention some comments in this thread. The whole reason I started this thread was to hopefully avoid that. I can't help but think this is entirely the wrong way to go about things. I really think Inno as a company needs to think about how it deals with feedback and what its responses are. Deletion of feedback is a very bad precedent to set, and I think respect in responses is something that should be a 2-way street. It is pretty much the foundation of any communication.

DeletedUser13082

I do have to say I am troubled at the deleting of 16 pages of comments as well hint, not to mention some comments in this thread. The whole reason I started this thread was to hopefully avoid that. I can't help but think this is entirely the wrong way to go about things. I really think Inno as a company needs to think about how it deals with feedback and what its responses are. Deletion of feedback is a very bad precedent to set, and I think respect in responses is something that should be a 2-way street. It is pretty much the foundation of any communication.

Agreed. I've said on many occasions that often I have seen rude and unnecessary response to players coming from a certain mod in the forums. I'll mention no names as last time I was banned for "mod bashing", but I think anyone reading can easily guess. It's just one massive power trip in my opinion. The players/customers of this game have no say in what should and shouldn't be done. If the entire player base disagreed with an idea then the idea would be implemented anyway and players feedback rewarded with punishment for disagreeing. Not once has a thread ever been opened asking "what are you're opinions on this idea? should we do this or not?", It's just "We're doing this, get used to it".

Personally I would very much like to speak to somebody in a higher position than a forum moderator in order to discuss the views of the player community as I don't think a single bit of feedback has ever been relayed to the creators of this game, instead it has been simply brushed under the carpet.

DeletedUser4089

Polite feedback is not a problem. The problem is antagonising posts and disrespectful posts made under the guise of feedback.

If you keep it polite, feedback won't be deleted (unless 9/10 of other posts are not polite, in which case it's simpler to delete all and start again.) I'd suggest keeping it polite and letting the other thread go.

Also, this is meant to be a feedback thread for GB Balancing, not feedback for moderation. Feedback for Moderation should be PM'd to a staff member.

DeletedUser

Polite feedback is not a problem. The problem is antagonising posts and disrespectful posts made under the guise of feedback.

If you keep it polite, feedback won't be deleted (unless 9/10 of other posts are not polite, in which case it's simpler to delete all and start again.) I'd suggest keeping it polite and letting the other thread go.

Also, this is meant to be a feedback thread for GB Balancing, not feedback for moderation. Feedback for Moderation should be PM'd to a staff member.

Well normally that is something that reasonable people can easily discern between, but that line has become a lot fuzzier and there is no way that 16 pages was all bad. It is probably good you are trying to police the thread to avoid further problems, but talking about feedback that was deleted isn't too far off topic. Probably best to avoid that path though haha

DeletedUser

If you keep it polite, feedback won't be deleted

my feedback was deleted. All I said was "I'm ok with this, I hope I can get my monastery back. I deleted it because it was worthless at the time."

And out of the first 5 pages (that's all I read before it was deleted), I can't think of a single post that was outright rude. What I saw was people expressing frustration that this change was done, yet there remains no filter for unattached units.

DeletedUser13082

I don't really wish to get into this conversation here but I do feel a need to voice my answers to things you have mentioned.

First of all, politeness is a 2 way street. If I post a polite message voicing my concern and disagreement with something and I receive an arrogant, antagonistic, patronising response from a person who should be showing utmost respect and professionalism, then yes, I will bite back, and I will use the same condescending attitude in return. That being said, if politeness and manners are what are demanded from players then it should be demanded from authority in turn.

As for feedback for moderation and your views, I have in the past voiced my concerns on the matter to which I was ignored until sending a 3rd ticket (1 ticket per week) to which I received a vague response telling me that the situation would be looked into and dealt with accordingly but I would here nothing more of the outcome. In short, "Shut up we don't care and, no, we aren't going to do anything" (in my own opinion, obviously)

Again, this post is simply to reply to what has been said as I feel the answers should be voiced. I'll not continue this topic here as it is not the correct place for it. However if you wish to continue communication about the subject then please feel free to send a private message :). It's always nice to see a number next to notifications, makes me feel popular haha :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14471

I don't mind too much about this change as long as everyone is affected in every situation... But I read on the duscussion thread that it was not planned (or at least, not that you're aware of) to alter the attack bonus of the boosted sectors on the continent map??? Seriously, can you tell us how we are supposed to ever get passed these sectors? They have 75% or more attack/defense bonus! Even with the 3 attack GB's maxed out, we would still have only 90%!! So, are we supposed to negotiate all these sectors or wait until we have units of 2 ages later?? This makes absolutely no sense! You cannot refrom 1 part of a subject, without reforming the other part of that same subject!
Also, I wonder if the sectors on the guild wars maps will have the same bonus as they now have on the beta server: 75% for HQ and max 50% for the others. Because then, we would all have to wait until all our guild members get all their attack GB's maxed out, to be able to stand a chance at attacking a HQ! What's the purpose of this? Also, on the beta server forum, we were told that monasteries and watchfires count towards the support pool, which apparently is not true now???

DeletedUser97960

I don't mind too much about this change as long as everyone is affected in every situation... But I read on the duscussion thread that it was not planned (or at least, not that you're aware of) to alter the attack bonus of the boosted sectors on the continent map??? Seriously, can you tell us how we are supposed to ever get passed these sectors? They have 75% or more attack/defense bonus! Even with the 3 attack GB's maxed out, we would still have only 90%!! So, are we supposed to negotiate all these sectors or wait until we have units of 2 ages later?? This makes absolutely no sense! You cannot refrom 1 part of a subject, without reforming the other part of that same subject!

The response that we eventually got yesterday Sonia was that those sectors were already too easy even if you had no attack boost from GBs, apparently if we all paid more attention to putting the correct units into our attack we would have no problem. Not a satisfactory response as far as i'm concerned, and certainly one that lacks respect for those playing the game.

DeletedUser14471

The response that we eventually got yesterday Sonia was that those sectors were already too easy even if you had no attack boost from GBs, apparently if we all paid more attention to putting the correct units into our attack we would have no problem. Not a satisfactory response as far as i'm concerned, and certainly one that lacks respect for those playing the game.

Really, that's what they said??? Well, indeed, I think it's an insult! And I'm wondering if these guys actually play their game...
I also would say that if this gets implemented and the guild wars sector bonuses stay like they are right now on the beta server (75£ for HQ and max 50% for other sectors), it made all our testing on the guild wars useless, because we tested how well the whole thing works with the "normal" bonuses that people have from their GB's. So, if all of a sudden, we'll get a lot less bonus from our GB and the sectors get the same bonus, it's a whole other story and I'm pretty sure I won't be participating to guild wars in these circumstances. So, thanks for wasting our time, as we have nothing else to do!

DeletedUser276

the testing on the beta server is solely for coding conflict testing. if the code works then minor changes have little ramification on how the coding interacts. Its not for getting to know how it all works and how every interaction is.

Hence why the rules try to steer discussion on other servers away as things may change before they get to this server which makes discussion on it moot.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Why was this feature not tested on the BETA till now after months of GvG launching over there... why was players suggestions and feedback not taken on the BETA itself and instead was announced on the LIVE servers first ?? ... Need a honest and if possible polite answer ...becoz these questions have really baffled me ...i mean such a big change surely had to be tested on a beta server first before even announcing it to the live servers ...thats how everything was till now isnt it?? ...so why suddenly this change now ?? ...I think players would have got a better idea on how things work with these new changes and a lot of these heated discussions and bans and threads removing /restoring and posts deleting maybe could have been avoided that way ...

DeletedUser276

its not a new coding as such there was no need to test coding interaction which is what the beta server is for. As for player suggestions and feedback I have no idea as thats up to the developers if they think they require that.

This is a change of the current coding to a similar coding with different parameters. Beta server is to test new coding and how it interacts to see if new bugs are formed due to coding conflict. If it was new coding then yes I can see it getting tested there.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
But its a big big change in the game mechanics ...and to be honest I feel the most important aspect to almost 90% of the players in all servers ... I feel such a big change really warranted to be tested out before making sudden announcement to players on live servers... I m sure this is causing confusion / frustration in all other servers as well ... anyways thanks for answering my questions ...

DeletedUser

If you have any problems with any moderator, I highly encourage you to contact their boss through a PM. It's the way the company wants it done so I think it's better to follow their protocol. If the issue remains unresolved and the boss refuses to do anything about it then you've done all that you could. If more and more people do this, hopefully the boss may reconsider his / her stance on the particular moderator.