• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game menu - your feedback is needed

Which menu do you prefer?

• Menu A (see below)

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • Menu B (see below)

Votes: 82 60.3%
  • Something different (please comment)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Abstain (no vote)

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser11280

not sure my self as i am happy with the way things are at present if it could be easer to navigate to gild treasury then that would be a good thing.
I am not active in GVG. but like to support the guilds I am in that are, by donating goods to the cause.
This is a massive improvement in my opinion.
A further improvement that could help new players would be if none guild trades could have a red flag or some such identifier this would help new players and also help guild leaders to keep the piece as nothing stirs guild members like perceived unfair trades, posted by guild members for none guild members being mixed in with guild only trades.
There should be a way to identify guild from trades meant for neighbours?

DeletedUser96695

Game menu - feedback wanted

My suggestion :

Add a drop down menu

to allow player to exit current game world and switch to another game world

current ... we need to logout and re-select game world

if a drop down menu is provided,
iwhen u select another game world
it auto logout current game world and jump to another game world
that will help player to play multi-world

Drop down menu ..include include game world u have active account

to join new world, must logout and use current method to select new world to start a new game world

p.s. please in the annoucement, if u need player to feedback, please provide a link to channel feedback to correc tlocation, i cannot find the link , so i open a new topic in there

DeletedUser

Actually the link to the feedback is in this bit of the announcement:

We've got a couple of ideas on how we could improve the menu, so please follow the link to the information here if you're interested in getting involved.

Click on the word 'here', which is a link.

I think I've managed to move your post to the correct thread, after some thought and more coffee....

Then after a bit more thought, I would like to comment on your proposal;

Add a drop down menu

to allow player to exit current game world and switch to another game world

current ... we need to logout and re-select game world

if a drop down menu is provided,
iwhen u select another game world
it auto logout current game world and jump to another game world
that will help player to play multi-world

Drop down menu ..include include game world u have active account

to join new world, must logout and use current method to select new world to start a new game world

Actually, you can play more than one game world at the same time without logging out by having each game world in a separate tab. All you need to do is to select a different game world in each tab that you have open, and you can switch between them by clicking on the tabs. Or if you prefer to have the game worlds in separate browser windows, you can do it that way.

The following image shows two FOE game world tabs plus a forum tab.

Game World Tabs.png

You don't even need to logout in order to join a new game world; you just go to the FOE homepage, click play and then choose the new recommended world or another new world from the list.

Play Button.png

World Selection.png

It took me a while before I was aware that this was possible, because I didn't realise that you could have more than one game world from the same server open, but it is a very useful option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Two of the three computers/laptops I use crash if I'm playing on more than one world at a time :(

DeletedUser96695

Actually the link to the feedback is in this bit of the announcement:

Click on the word 'here', which is a link.

I think I've managed to move your post to the correct thread, after some thought and more coffee....

Then after a bit more thought, I would like to comment on your proposal;

Actually, you can play more than one game world at the same time without logging out by having each game world in a separate tab. All you need to do is to select a different game world in each tab that you have open, and you can switch between them by clicking on the tabs. Or if you prefer to have the game worlds in separate browser windows, you can do it that way.

The following image shows two FOE game world tabs plus a forum tab.

View attachment 6006

You don't even need to logout in order to join a new game world; you just go to the FOE homepage, click play and then choose the new recommended world or another new world from the list.

View attachment 6007

View attachment 6008

It took me a while before I was aware that this was possible, because I didn't realise that you could have more than one game world from the same server open, but it is a very useful option.

Your method do not help at all

Your method is called " open another web broweser "
THAT IS WHAT I TRY TO AVOID

each browser , no matter how small it is, it eat your video ram and ram...
more browser u open, u get faster to hit a BLack screen or whilte screen

In past, i open all game world browser to play
easy to swap between world
less than 30 minutes while i polish/motative , i will have black screen and white screen

Finally
i use 1 web browser ( only 1 game world )
i can last super super longer to hit a black screen or white screen

Regarding u re-click homepage of FoE
u do not logout the original game world
your background ( which u cannot see ) is still feeding info from game
u free your video ram ..but your ram is not free...

I prefer a button which carry those game world u play
and it also auto close current game world and switch to another game world
it free your video ram and computer ram

i do no tlike the idea of having different game world as a separate bookmark page
becos game developer do not provide that option
that is the way u fgure to change game world
remember, game developer is asking "improvment", they are not asking a method to do something that they do not provide (drop-down menu)
they should provide that drop-down menu to help player to jump to another game world

P.S. I am talking a drop down menu located at the left side of "your total available coins" at the top screen

DeletedUser7719

Well, if we're talking about the same server, it takes no time for me to switch between worlds. I just click the back button, play, then the next one. Plus, I don't think a lot of normal players play on more than one world...

DeletedUser96695

Dear Kings and Queens,

We would like to improve the Forge of Empires menu ingame, and we'd like to ask for your feedback on some mockups. Guilds are currently buried in the Global submenu, which isn't very intuitive, and this makes guilds and their functions less accessible to players.

We know that players become very familiar with the game menu over time, and simply moving buttons around can be annoying when you are used to their earlier position. Therefore, what we want to do is to ensure that any change we make is a real improvement.

We've got a couple of ideas on how we could improve the menu, so please go ahead and read on, and then vote for the idea you like the most. If you have any comments to make about the proposed menus, we want to know about these too, so please post your feedback in this thread. We are open to suggestions and ideas, however there are limitations: for example, we cannot add further menu items because this would mean the game would no longer fit into lower-resolution screens.

Menu A

Hud_option2.jpg

In this option, all message-related items are moved into a submenu, for example the guild forum, message center and community forum buttons. A ranking button is also added to the menu for better accessibility (not everyone knows that it can be clicked on at the top of the game window).

Menu B

Hud_option1.jpg

In this option there is no ranking button added, the community forum button is moved out of the menu (and into another location in the game). The guild forum button and guild button are both added to the menu.

One final thing to add: we are asking players in every market for their feedback about the game menu. Even so, this does not mean that the most-voted-for idea would be implemented. What we want to do is gather feedback and votes and assess it all together - including comments and other ideas - in order to find the best possible solution for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to be involved in this discussion, and thank you for supporting Forge of Empires.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires team.

A SIMPLE QUESTION ..
the game menu located at lower left corner is 2 rows X 5 columns, it is now full due to adding guild war
The existing layout has no problem

is there any problems of expanding it to 2 rows X 7 columns
so u can have 4 more spare slot to place ...

in 1 of the slot, i do prefer a " alert warning " or "guild war button"
it flash when some guild place a seighing army into your sector

DeletedUser98682

is there any problems of expanding it to 2 rows X 7 columns
so u can have 4 more spare slot to place ...

in 1 of the slot, i do prefer a " alert warning " or "guild war button"
it flash when some guild place a siege army into your sector

I really like this idea and would certainly be my preferred choice.

DeletedUser100341

I like conqueror9's idea. Expand the menu. All it would do is push over the guild/neighbor slide bar. It's collapsible any way. But back to the subject of what icons to have on the menu bar neither A or B but take the ideas in this thread and present another option.

Off topic, what is really needed is to know what guild mates are online and easier navigation of the guild slide bar, like a search or number input.

DeletedUser

Personally most of what I use daily is already available with 1 click so I would not change up the Game Menu too much ie I have just one suggestion below to make Your Guild slightly more accessible.
1. Message Centre: I agree with others, please don't bury this. It's used a lot so 1 click access is needed.
2. Suggestion for Improvement: I hardly use the Open Forum button (bottom row second from right). I am generally heading into forum through links, log in page, etc. But I do use the Guild button a lot (Treasury, Level, Guild Forum). Therefore I would recommend:
A. Move the Open Forum button into the Global button and move the Global button down to replace the Open Forum button.
B. Move the Your Guild button out of the Global button and put it where the Global button is now.

DeletedUser

Off topic, what is really needed is to know what guild mates are online and easier navigation of the guild slide bar, like a search or number input.

Would something like this work for showing what guild members are online? The green square shows people currently online, and the grey square shows those that are currently offline.

Online status Showing no names.png

DeletedUser7719

Would something like this work for showing what guild members are online? The green square shows people currently online, and the grey square shows those that are currently offline.

View attachment 6037
That marker does have a use, but the feature still hasn't been implemented yet, so I wouldn't use that for the online marker (even though that does sound like the purpose of it, it would be better to put it in the top right corner for now).

I think we veered a bit off-topic now :p

DeletedUser

That marker does have a use, but the feature still hasn't been implemented yet, so I wouldn't use that for the online marker (even though that does sound like the purpose of it, it would be better to put it in the top right corner for now).

I think we veered a bit off-topic now :p

Agreed, it's not exactly about the original game menu options - I probably should have put it elsewhere. Back to the menus we should be discussing....

DeletedUser101032

Would be nice to have a Button to get into the features in Town Hall rather than that big building , takes up to much space

DeletedUser

Would be nice to have a Button to get into the features in Town Hall rather than that big building , takes up to much space

I very much doubt that the size of the Town Hall is going to be changed, and it is also possible to access the Town Hall features by clicking on your city name in the top left of the screen.

DeletedUser100341

View attachment 6037

Yes, but for us color challenged (color blind) more contrast say blue on line gray off. In fact I sometimes lose sight of an enemy unit in the trees because of the colors.

DeletedUser

I think we may need to get back to the topic of the menus that are in the original post and discuss other interface ideas somewhere else. :)