• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game menu - your feedback is needed

Which menu do you prefer?

• Menu A (see below)

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • Menu B (see below)

Votes: 82 60.3%
  • Something different (please comment)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Abstain (no vote)

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I am not sure if anyone asked already, but I would like to see those icons that have something new (i.e. message or new forum entry) to change colour rather then to flash. For example to have green colour.

DeletedUser100341

I am not sure if anyone asked already, but I would like to see those icons that have something new (i.e. message or new forum entry) to change colour rather then to flash. For example to have green colour.

For us color challenged, if colors then a strong contrast from other buttons so I can see.

DeletedUser7719

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi

Of the 2 options in the initial Poll I would vote for Option B.... BUT...I would like to see the following:

1. Treasury: I would like to see the ability for Guilds to trade stocks on the open markets in the same way as players do (just list the Guild on there as if it was another player) this would allow unused stocks of Goods to be traded up or down the Ages thereby increasing the abilities of Guilds to make use of those stocks. To do this a tickbox may need to be added to the Rights screen limited to the Guild Founder Level and one other Player chosen by them to avoid possible abuses.

2. Market: Remove the Wholesalers since NONE of us use them anyways because of the extortionate rates.

3. Guild Forums: Make the various sections change colour when a new post is added. Ditto for the button for them if the Guild Forums are put on their own button.

4. In-Game Info Bars: Either move the one on the right side across to the left side so it is still visible when chat is in use OR make the Chat box moveable which would achieve the same purpose.

5. Messaging: Reverse the order of messages so that the original mail remains visible OR even better add a "ascending / descending" option. Also make the Messaging button change coulour when new mail arrives instead of flashing.

6. Global / Guilds tab: Instead of the current "search" option use a drop-down list of Guilds because some Guilds use characters in their Guild names that some players don't have access to.... Sanctuary is an example of this on Fel Franghyr.

That's MY wish list and twopenn'orth

SHELOB
Guildmaster
THE ACADEMY
(Fel Dranghyr)

DeletedUser102045

Menu B is ok - I only exchange GUILD FORUM button to NEWS,HISTORY button!!! (I dont use forum & ranking buttons, they need to be uper left corner)

DeletedUser99692

I would like to see both the guild & the Guild forum displayed. This might encourage the newer players to access the information that the guild has gathered and placed there to answer all the questions that the game tutorial fails to address.

DeletedUser97832

for me this survey is like:
'Do you like if we hide message button completely, or something else...'
Oh, please do something else...

DeletedUser102135

I like the way it is mosly , but I would like an inventory button while in reasearh screen and while in another players city to acess FP's easier . Also a sever clock would be handy

DeletedUser

I've only been playing a short while so there are 10,000 people ranked higher than me so I don't really care. I imagine those who do have figured out what to click on.

The message center having subdivisions (RUSH is awesome!) seems like a great idea. Maybe have a function to save messages permanently so we can keep links others have shared; or add a notepad :cool:

I mostly want to commend the staff for understanding how making menu changes can be very annoying. If there is nothing wrong with it don't fix it. Fine tuning what players already know is good. If I knew anything about programming I would like to join your team so, I'll stick to designing board games.

DeletedUser101782

I personally dont like either option. But I do feel we are overlooking something completely: city hall.

What I would do is shrink the bar to 8 buttons and add a lot of functionality to city hall. For instance the buttons could be:
1. build
2. research
3. Map
4. Army management
5. market
6. Mail
7. G. vs. G.
8. City Hall
Anything related to guild/guildchat and inventory could then be moved to city hall, this also goes for the global rank.

This should probably go to another thread but I would also like to see an account tab added to the city hall. This could allow us to change passwords or our email address and nominate our own city/account for deletion.

DeletedUser

Hello,
After reading all the posts and having a play with the current game menu I would like to suggest an 'Option C'

Please have a look at the attached file/image below. Your consideration and feedback is very welcome.

FOE Icons.jpg

Many thanks,
Thyllaen :)

DeletedUser7719

Hello,
After reading all the posts and having a play with the current game menu I would like to suggest an 'Option C'

Please have a look at the attached file/image below. Your consideration and feedback is very welcome.
Many thanks,
Thyllaen :)
It's not a bad idea, but I prefer all the combat options to be available in one click

DeletedUser

It's not a bad idea, but I prefer all the combat options to be available in one click

I agree with byeordie :) Army Management, Continent Map, Guild Continent Map and Your Guild is one of the most used buttons in the entire menu, and it would be pretty frustrating to need 2 clicks to access all these functions. Also, instead of having the guild treasury as a sub-button, which will require 2 clicks anyway, instead have the Your Guild button aviable directly and then just change the tab, that will be 2 clicks aswell but still more accessible :)

DeletedUser100341

In my opinion, the options A and B proposed introduce buttons that for me are rarely used. The buttons should be dedicated to operations in the game that are most commonly used so that they are one click away.

1) For me Build, Global, Research, Continental Map, Army Management, Inventory, Trade, Messaging and GvG should stay and stay in the same place. Which leaves only Forum that should move.
2) I would like to see a GB button on the main menu. Our guild actively contributes to each others GBs daily.
3) Global sub menu should contain Guild, Guild Forum and Forum since these are less frequently used. Global Ranking is redundant and could be removed since I can already see it at the top of the page. I would add Event History since I use it to see who has polivated or to see the PvP tournament. Right now its three clicks away. Also add Guild Treasury. Note when the Global button is pressed the sub menu remains active until another button is pressed leaving these options one click away also.

Your proposals seem to emphasize Guild and Guild Forum that are not as important. Only GvG map and Guild Treasury are which I think I have covered.

DeletedUser

King Lazar's post has been removed as it was an off-topic link and didn't contribute to the thread.

DeletedUser102254

I don’t feel the open forum button is of much use in game as I’ve never used it, and that slot could be used for something else. On a side note, I would like to see a change in the event history menu. When someone has motivated/polished you, you can go directly to their city but cannot immediately see what they would like in return. Time can be an issue for some of us, so would it not be possible to hover over their name in the event history to quickly see their profile appear in a mini window.

DeletedUser

I'm not quite sure on either of the proposals as i don't really see a problem with the current setup. One thing that does come to mind is the market menu, when you create an offer i would like to be able to click on the goods where it shows how much you have as well as a reset button. :)