• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Friends Tavern] Tavern Boost Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108842

Proposal:
Choosing a boost in the Tavern should prompt a message with "are you sure...".

Reason:
Tapping on the android version or clicking while on the PC - this kind of prompt is a normal thing in Every.Single.Game.

Details:
Clicking on the respective boost should prompt a massage with "You are about to boost ... Are you sure?"

Visual Aids:
You can imagine easily a visual of this ._.

Balance:
As always... the whole idea is about balance. Do not even mention slow performance on your machine because it would be irrelevant - a prompt wouldn't slow your gameplay with more than a second.

Abuse Prevention:
Irrelevant. Or at least I can't think of any.

Summary:
*Same as "Proposial" section.

DeletedUser109385

Absolutely +1
Do not even mention slow performance on your machine because it would be irrelevant - a prompt wouldn't slow your gameplay with more than a second.
Completely agree with you mate! I just hate it when people say "Oh it will slow my machine down" because it's simply not true, a simple message or prompt will not slow down your machine unless your RAM is usually crap.

DeletedUser110195

+1 As always, anything to make the gameplay more smooth and mistake free by design is a good thing.

I think people who mention prompts for things slowing them down are limited only to GvG, where my impression of it is every split second counts, and such prompts would come up many more times than once.

Far too many people just don't want to "look before you click" and so ask for more code...more code...more code because "I" can't take the time to "Look

Similar to
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tavern-boost-s.32961/#post-213238

And with all the new bugs introduced with 1.93 the dev's really need to work on those. If it were up to me: No more code changes to add more features, no not one: Fix what's broke first!

The event log is now interfering with every aspect of this game; it has become a pile of you know what! And, it's a real shame; this is a great game, but now it is overwrought with problems that are sucking the life & the fun right out of the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108842

And with all the new bugs introduced with 1.93 the dev's really need to work on those. If it were up to me: No more code changes to add more features, no not one: Fix what's broke first!
The event log is now interfering with every aspect of this game; it has become a pile of you know what! And, it's a real shame; this is a great game, but now it is overwrought with problems that are sucking the life & the fun right out of the game.

That's what I am saying. This is not a new feature but a fix in the interface.

DeletedUser100065

Can't see it causing any real issues and if it stops accidental spends then it's worth doing. Not found anything to buy with silver yet but i guess some people find it useful.

+1

DeletedUser103370

+1
Obvious fix, I'd add that it could have an option to choose if you want a confirmation pop-up or not.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Let me draw deep deep down to find some positivity (I think there is still some) and

+1

Because, once, I accidentally activated 24h coin boost when what I actually wanted to do is to drag the vertical scroll bar down! (on computer)
And, since it lasts 24h hours, and costs 2000 Silvers, I can't finish the daily challenge of "spend 3500 Tavern Silvers" without spending Δ.

Go to your tavern. Look at the 24h coin boost and scroll bar. They are both at the upper right corner.
Therefore, my above-said 'story' is totally feasible / credible.

And yet they haven't. You think digging it up will make it happen, or could it be they decided they do not want it?

When did they said they don't want to do it and asked people not to speak of it anymore? As far as I understand community is allowed, if not encouraged, to make suggestions.

Agent327

Overlord
When did they said they don't want to do it and asked people not to speak of it anymore? As far as I understand community is allowed, if not encouraged, to make suggestions.

To make suggestions yes. This suggestion was forwarded close to two years ago and nothing has been done with it. Does that give you the impression they really really loved it???

So close to two years later somebody gives it another +1. What do you think will happen next? Somebody will immediately notify Inno of this, or since the idea has already been forwarded, nothing will happen with it.

Well someone suggested it again couple of days ago and one of the moderators linked this old thread so I mistakenly posted on it.

I know ideas should not be re-posted, person that posted the suggestion should have checked the forum first but it still shows there is an interest for this idea among the community. Who knows, maybe they decide to add it.
Sorry for late reply

Status
Not open for further replies.