• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fountain of Youth frsgments

Vesiger

Monarch
Why does it take 800 fragments to assemble a Fountsin of Youth/Fountain of Youth shrink Kit, but only 15 for a Wishing Well? The two buildings appear to be functionally identical, and neither is that valuable in any case unless you are trying to stock a diamond farm.

Knight of ICE

There are different ways to obtain them, so there is a difference in the fragments you need.

Vesiger

Monarch
I assume the Fountain of Youth fragments must be an awful lot easier to obtain, if one needs so much more of them... :)

Nidwin

Sergeant
My guess is that both fountain and it's shrink that were actually GE level 4 buildings were planned to be included in the level 4 pack but that would clearly have been a mistake and way too easy to obtain. In my opinion a good compromise would be adding 150/200 frags of each in the level 4 pack to chose from to keep the fountain of youth shrinks alive.
The issue now with how hard, and so few a Year, shrinks are obtainable it will actually speed up the time it takes to finish your WW/FoY cities and simply start new ones. It's actually the shrinks that slow down the progress. VF with all expansions can fit 400 shrunk WW/FoY but without the shrinks you are looking at 250 WW/FoY withut buying the last 12 diamond expansions.​
Nobody is going for shrinks if you can only get a couple a Year and simply go for full 3x3 setups.​

suethegreat

Captain
I only just noticed this and was going to post but beaten to it. During the pages and pages of fragment housekeeping i saw, what!, 800 fragments for a measly FOY. I know Inno never second guessed that players would work out how they could grow their own farms for game currency but the horse has bolted and even reducing odds on diamond production wont stop the farms. Times are hard for players and companies but nothing disincentives more than the increased fragmentation of the game. In one city alone 35 boxes of fragments. Yes I dont have to play but what type of marketing strategy is that? It is no longer Forge of Empires it is Jigsaws.

EvilDucksCorp

Second Lieutenant
When you get Fountain of youth fragments it gives in multiples of 20. (Couldn't check, pretty sure though)
When you get Wishing well fragments it gives in multiples of 1. (From Daily)
You get 1/40 of a fountain of youth or more when you optain the fragments and 1/15 of a wishing well when you get fragments.
Fountain of youth fragments are more easier to come by (in my opinion) so the difference in fragments are only because you get them from different places.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The changes they made haven't actually made much difference in my opinion as the main way to gain FOY is exactly the same as it's always been. I got 2 FOY last round, already won one this round. I just don't place them.

Screenshot_20230817_205201_Forge of Empires.jpg

Edit 25/08

Same again, they're still available you just need to ignore the GE rewards and focus on TOR

Screenshot_20230825_200658_Forge of Empires.jpg

Last edited: