• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Forum] Guild Forum

• Thread starter DeletedUser110802
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110802

currently mobile users cannot see the guild forum they can view the open forum but not forum their guild creates. I hope this can be fixed in the final release

There's ever going to be a 'final release'??

+1 to the idea, though.

I try not to keep whining (honest I do) but I started playing this game because of an advert that gave me no reason to think this was a browser game at all, let alone a browser game where only some parts of the game can be played on the app. As with all other game features (I hear Incidents are about to be added to the game .. but not for app players), there should be equivalent functionality on the app.
OR
Inno need to come clean with a clear statement that players can not play the game on the app, even though some parts of it are accessible for browser players.

joesoap

Major-General
the game can be played on the app, it might not be exactly the same game as the browser version but its still very playable

the game can be played on the app, it might not be exactly the same game as the browser version but its still very playable
I enjoying playing the game. But I know I cannot play on a level playing-field with those around me and the differences are not just those implied by a different interface (e.g. no tool-tip information for app users).

Some parts, I suspect, are actually better on the app, mostly because a touch screen has inherent advantages over a mouse-movement when needing to make repetitive selections, such as the friends & guild mates bar and setting up supply and goods buildings. The app also has access to a player's GBs from the Friend bar, which I understand the browser does not; I use this a lot.

Then there are areas which I just can't play. Some of them, like Treasure Hunt, no 'small forge point packages', and now Incidents, simply mean I can't get to enjoy the game to the extent that first-class players can. Other parts of the game, such as GvG and the nameless market, mean that I have to make different decisions about how to play the game, and first-class players need to make specific decisions when interacting with me as a Friend or Guild Mate.

So, it is not only 'not exactly the same game' but it is different enough to warrant a completely different approach, for those who only access the game via the app. The best way around this I have seen mentioned is to have a dedicated world which only serves the app, so everyone on it can play the same game without being penalised.

DeletedUser103370

I enjoying playing the game. But I know I cannot play on a level playing-field with those around me and the differences are not just those implied by a different interface (e.g. no tool-tip information for app users).

Some parts, I suspect, are actually better on the app, mostly because a touch screen has inherent advantages over a mouse-movement when needing to make repetitive selections, such as the friends & guild mates bar and setting up supply and goods buildings. The app also has access to a player's GBs from the Friend bar, which I understand the browser does not; I use this a lot.

Then there are areas which I just can't play. Some of them, like Treasure Hunt, no 'small forge point packages', and now Incidents, simply mean I can't get to enjoy the game to the extent that first-class players can. Other parts of the game, such as GvG and the nameless market, mean that I have to make different decisions about how to play the game, and first-class players need to make specific decisions when interacting with me as a Friend or Guild Mate.

So, it is not only 'not exactly the same game' but it is different enough to warrant a completely different approach, for those who only access the game via the app. The best way around this I have seen mentioned is to have a dedicated world which only serves the app, so everyone on it can play the same game without being penalised.

Agreed, fyi you can access any players GBs from the social bar in the browser.

joesoap

Major-General
i do understand your annoyance Prinza & i'm really not trying to make light of it, but i suspect that treasure hunt, upcoming incidents & gvg arent actually used by the majority of players, for me personally, including beta i have 7 worlds & dont use any of those features, its good that i have the choice but when i have to play on the app my game is exactly the same

We've been through this before. You'll only get 2fp packages when you get an arc. I play on both app and browser and I get them on both.
Someone else said that they get(or got when they were still in an early enough age) 2fp packages from GE.

i do understand your annoyance Prinza & i'm really not trying to make light of it, but i suspect that treasure hunt, upcoming incidents & gvg arent actually used by the majority of players, for me personally, including beta i have 7 worlds & dont use any of those features, its good that i have the choice but when i have to play on the app my game is exactly the same
I missed mentioning the very point of this thread! I know if I were a first-class player in a guild that wanted to really progress and theerefore have active members, I would simply have to exclude app-only players because of all the guild-related things they can't do. Us using the app can't even join in the discussions about what direction to go in, which GBs to work on, or whatever else complete guilds discuss on their own forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103370

Someone else said that they get(or got when they were still in an early enough age) 2fp packages from GE.

I missed mentioning the very point of this thread! I know if I were a first-class player in a guild that wanted to really progress and theerefore have active members, I would simply have to exclude app-only players because of all the guild-related things they can't do. Us using the app can't even join in the discussions about what direction to go in, which GBs to work on, or whatever else complete guilds discuss on their own forum.

You're right, our guild I can't say it's so hardcore, still we don't really take people who exclusively use the app, it's even in our description.

DeletedUser108047

I'm not justifying the differences between app and pc but some thoughts:

• treasure hunt is probably not 'needed' from Inno's point of view on an app. The purpose is to keep players engaged and logging in. On pc it takes a bit of effort or furtive logging in at work etc; whereas the app on phone people can easily log in from everywhere. Also there is some science around the 'addictive' nature of phones/apps so Inno probably don't need to put it in to increase app usage
  • app players are restricted to a more farming role as the fighting screens are not as user friendly, you can't access gvg etc.
  • app players can contribute to guilds and gvg by building obs, deal, basil, arc and atom - they just can't fight... but they can donate goods etc.
  • if app players play a more treasury sort of role they can greatly assist a guild by providing liquidity in the guild market and in guild swaps etc
  • an active guild probably doesn't want casual app players as they can't even lodge DAs or watch maps etc

vikingraider

Emperor
You're right, our guild I can't say it's so hardcore, still we don't really take people who exclusively use the app, it's even in our description.

On one world I'm in a guild who's description says 'no app only players' too. It seems to be guilds that are big in GVG.

DeletedUser103370

I'm not justifying the differences between app and pc but some thoughts:

• treasure hunt is probably not 'needed' from Inno's point of view on an app. The purpose is to keep players engaged and logging in. On pc it takes a bit of effort or furtive logging in at work etc; whereas the app on phone people can easily log in from everywhere. Also there is some science around the 'addictive' nature of phones/apps so Inno probably don't need to put it in to increase app usage
  • app players are restricted to a more farming role as the fighting screens are not as user friendly, you can't access gvg etc.
  • app players can contribute to guilds and gvg by building obs, deal, basil, arc and atom - they just can't fight... but they can donate goods etc.
  • if app players play a more treasury sort of role they can greatly assist a guild by providing liquidity in the guild market and in guild swaps etc
  • an active guild probably doesn't want casual app players as they can't even lodge DAs or watch maps etc

That's true as well, I'm not saying it's necessarily a deal breaker, on the other hand many guild leaders simply don't like the hassle, so they rather exclude app-players, and that shows there is a real problem with the app. After so many years, I think it should be much more on a par with the browser. Come on Inno.

joesoap

Major-General
That's true as well, I'm not saying it's necessarily a deal breaker, on the other hand many guild leaders simply don't like the hassle, so they rather exclude app-players, and that shows there is a real problem with the app. After so many years, I think it should be much more on a par with the browser. Come on Inno.
maybe some of this is due to app players, i was a guild founder of a rank 10 guild up til a few months ago & we never excluded app players, in fact we didnt even ask what platform they played on, but we did have a few issues with a few players who didnt aid or add to new gbs, just general guild stuff & any time we ever asked them about it they used the excuse that they only played on the app & couldnt do various things, of course these were just BS excuses but lazy players who join guilds & get the benefits without earning them have maybe given app players a bad name
as far as i can tell the only guild thing that app players cant do involves the gvg maps but they can still be a great addition to a guild & as pointed out by Dane there are still loads of ways that they can help

...as far as i can tell the only guild thing that app players cant do involves the gvg maps...

And respond to trade requests (can't see who we trade with); and unable to tell who might have/not have aided us (only get a few hours history in the Event Log - I was amazed to realise that the Event Log is so central to browser play that it appears over the top of your town by default); but to get back on track and mention one other guild thing that app players can't do:
currently mobile users cannot see the guild forum they can view the open forum but not forum their guild creates. I hope this can be fixed in the final release
This missing link leaves us well out in the cold. Meanwhile, people are posting all kinds of whacky ideas how to get guilds acting more socially!

joesoap

Major-General
And respond to trade requests
open the market, click the guild trade button & do all the guild trades you can, which members should be doing regularly, not just when some1 asks for help

unable to tell who might have/not have aided us
thats info thats relevant to you not the guild

none of the things you mention stop you from being a fully functioning, involved or good guild member, so i stick to what i said....the only guild thing that app players cant do involves the gvg maps

DeletedUser105579

open the market, click the guild trade button & do all the guild trades you can, which members should be doing regularly, not just when some1 asks for help

thats info thats relevant to you not the guild

none of the things you mention stop you from being a fully functioning, involved or good guild member, so i stick to what i said....the only guild thing that app players cant do involves the gvg maps

I think we've diverged a bit from the OP. OP requests that the guild forum is accessible on the mobile app. I think this is a fair request for the following reasons:
  1. Guild forums often contain useful information on gbs, trades, gb fp clubs, event quest, guild rules, and on and on. Mobile players should have access to this in order to make the app close to functional relative to the desktop game.
  2. Mobile games is a booming industry; therefore, there is a higher chance of new players being attracted via the mobile app. To them, the information contained in guild forums is especially useful. Transitivity, mobile foe will benefit from access to the guild forums.
  3. Guild forums are different from other aspects that commenters raised - Treasure Hunt treasure hunt such as dane pointed out, even log as joesoap pointed out.
I want to add a point that I think the event log should also be added to the mobile app; it's just not entirely relevant to guild participation the way the guild forum is.

... i stick to what i said....the only guild thing that app players cant do involves the gvg maps
Clearly, none of the guilds you are involved with bother with the guild forum. Do try to think outside of your own limited play, when another player is suggesting an improvement:

joesoap

Major-General
clearly, none of the guilds you are involved with bother with the guild forum. Do try to think outside of your own limited play, when another player is suggesting an improvement:
you cant comment or assume anything about guilds i am in as you now nothing about them
guilds/players can function without a forum, in guilds where i am involved, communication is done in messages as this accommodates app & browser players, our forums are used to store info & links to relevant stuff & the guild members know that if they have any queries they can ask & some1 will tell them what they need to know, in my opinion this is the point of having/being in a guild, players working together to help each other out
i don't recall saying that all players shouldn't have access to the forum, what i disagree with is you saying that players cant play or enjoy the game without it

Status
Not open for further replies.