• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[FEEDBACK] Great Buildings Encyclopedia

DeletedUser

Any feedback on improvements or updates on our new section here please post below.

Thanks

Tracey
CM

DeletedUser103448

I must say, these are an excellent resource to players of all ages and abilities. They are colourful, factual and interesting to read. Additions like this and the continuous improvements that are currently taking place on the EN Forum are highly likely to increase the interest and number of players visiting the forum. Finally, I would like to express my thanks to all of the staff for the huge amount of effort that has been taken to produce this very useful Great Buildings Encyclopedia.

DeletedUser99445

Nicely put together. Will there be any Higher levels added?

Sp32

Master Corporal
I agree, very nicely put on there, I'm surprised because whoever made those threads took the time to create them it in HTML (I'm assuming) which is a nice touch :-)

DeletedUser6065

Nice. Nice, nice, nice. I am definitively need to keep this link handy.
. . . . . mk

DeletedUser15432

The thread is well laid out and the start thread in the form of a scroll is excellent, however, as players already have level 11 or greater great buildings, the additional information needs to be added to the individual threads as a mater of some urgency

As it is it is a good basic tool for lower level players, but for those players in the upper bracket the additional data for the levels over and above the standard 10 level GB needs to be added, can yo9u advise as to when the additional information will be available

DeletedUser100341

I like the fact that each GB is in its own thread. Makes it easier to navigate back and forth. But I liked the look of the old encyclopedia. It was more tabular. And I don't know what the hammer column is.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I don't see the point of this guide. I don't care how nicely it is laid out, the old guide had more information than this, so I see this as a step backward.

DeletedUser2989

I like the fact that each GB is in its own thread. Makes it easier to navigate back and forth. But I liked the look of the old encyclopedia. It was more tabular. And I don't know what the hammer column is.

The hammer column (first of the 4 columns in each of the first 10 levels) is the contribution rank position.

DeletedUser7719

Well technically, I (and Martynius) did record all the contribution rewards until level 10, so the only thing I don't have is the total FP cost (though you could add all the FP yourself ;)) and the yield (in which all the BPs are the same no matter the GB, and the other two are also adding all the FPs/medals). I love the layout of this one; really wish I could get the time to learn how to do that :)

DeletedUser

I don't see the point of this guide. I don't care how nicely it is laid out, the old guide had more information than this, so I see this as a step backward.

May I ask what information specifically you refer to that Van's guide had? Are you just referring to the additional level (11+) information?

Keep in mind, the most (if not all) of the guides found in the guide section are "unofficial" guides submitted by players, whereas this reference guide is not.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Yes, it was the level 11+ information. I don't particularly care whether this guide is official or not, if it has less information it is no replacement for the old one.

DeletedUser

Yes, it was the level 11+ information. I don't particularly care whether this guide is official or not, if it has less information it is no replacement for the old one.

Having an "official" guide has it's benefits, it isn't just about the title of "official". With an official guide, you can likely depend on it's accuracy, as it's content comes straight from the source (I say "likely" because it's still always possible that a mistake can be made). Also, it can be ensured that the information with be continually updated as needed, whereas with a user submitted guide, if the user that created it leaves/disappears, there's no guarantee that it will ever see an update.

Regarding your concern of lack of additional info on levels 11 and up, it's still possible that this will be updated with that information at some point.

Of course, you're obviously welcome to use whatever source of information/guides/etc that you wish. Van's GB encyclopedia is great. I just want wanted to offer you a response to the concerns you've mentioned here regarding this guide. :-)

DeletedUser96901

time to update the Encyclopedia and change it to the values of update 1.36 :eek:

DeletedUser14881

Very nice. I don't think that just show the picture of upcoming GBs would be that harmful. Every experienced player or at least the ones using the City Simulator already know about the introduction of Lotus Temple and Innovation Tower.

If they were added, even without any real and concrete information, not only could make easier when the stats were coming (in terms of layout disposition, maybe), but also would allow newcomers (and nosy ones) to see at least the big picture of the new GBs.

DeletedUser106060

I like the encyclopedia, but the info seems to be out of date, is it going to be updated?