• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fan made wikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend9182

Major-General
As everyone knows there's many wrong information on fanmade wikki
So i hope if possible devs either correct it or put a note below saying it's wrong

DeletedUser96901

nice joke

it is fanmade
why should the devs care ?

if you want correct information use the official wiki
and only then InnoGames is responsible for it

Emberguard

Legend
As the fanmade wiki is fanmade the devs (if by devs you mean InnoGames) don't have access to the fanmade wiki. We (InnoGames) only have access to the Official Wiki. Therefore even if we wanted to correct or put a note in we couldn't. We don't manage the fanmade site.

On the other hand if you find something that is either wrong or outdated on the Official Wiki please let us know so we can fix it.

DeletedUser111359

Why would someone even bother to create a second wiki, when the official one exists, is regularly updated, and is great?

legend9182

Major-General
As the fanmade wiki is fanmade the devs (if by devs you mean InnoGames) don't have access to the fanmade wiki. We (InnoGames) only have access to the Official Wiki. Therefore even if we wanted to correct or put a note in we couldn't. We don't manage the fanmade site.

On the other hand if you find something that is either wrong or outdated on the Official Wiki please let us know so we can fix it.
I knew it but i thought you would have some contact to the owner of it

Emberguard

Legend
I knew it but i thought you would have some contact to the owner of it
If we have any contact with them it’d have to be with someone higher up (eg. CMs)

Even if for whatever reason we were in contact with them, information we don’t publish ourselves isn’t information I’d expect to then be correcting on the fan wiki. Information we do publish they’d already be able to look up in the official wiki.

Agent327

Overlord
Why would someone even bother to create a second wiki, when the official one exists, is regularly updated, and is great?

Official one was the second one created, so you have to ask Inno why they felt they needed to come up with their own Wiki. For the record, the official one has way less info, so how on earth can you say it is great?

Agent327

Overlord
If we have any contact with them it’d have to be with someone higher up (eg. CMs)

Since they are banned on some forums that does not seem very likely.

Even if for whatever reason we were in contact with them, information we don’t publish ourselves isn’t information I’d expect to then be correcting on the fan wiki. Information we do publish they’d already be able to look up in the official wiki.

And that's where we are getting to the core of the problem. Updates for the official wiki are always running behind, so you have to be a fool to use it.

DeletedUser110603

This conversation has run its course from the original post & has been closed. Any further discussion can be made on the fanwiki site itself as it is not connected to our FOE wiki at all.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.