• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall Event 2022 Feedback

Naranique

Master Corporal
Bakers! Prepare your ovens for our Fall Event, starting on October 4th. You can read all about it here and provide your feedback below.

weeeben

Private
"During 2022 Fall Event on beta server, the Sunflower Oil Press was originally introduced with an increasing production of up to 8 forge points, 6 goods and a random military unit but was soon after buffed to the current values of up to 12 forge points, 34 goods and 3 random military units. Its population and happiness values were also increased."

Retired Prop

Private
I'm sorry, but as someone who does lots of fights, the sunflower press is of no use to me. I don't intend forking out lots of money to get the donkey ranch, so I will be sitting this event out.

I have to agree with Retired Prop. This Event Building is a lunch box letdown! Already space is very limited on our maps to place buildings… as an active fighter this building is of NO use to me sadly.
Separate topic, I can’t help but notice that playing in Guild Battlegrounds, the personal rewards are getting to be less and less… from diamonds to forge points, to attack bonuses. On top of this, Inno has changed the SC value; ratio because now even a 4sc sector, a player will rack up 5 attrition points where before it would have been 0. Please stop changing the game in ways that turn longtime players away from the platform. Seriously!

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
I have to agree with Retired Prop. This Event Building is a lunch box letdown! Already space is very limited on our maps to place buildings… as an active fighter this building is of NO use to me sadly.
Separate topic, I can’t help but notice that playing in Guild Battlegrounds, the personal rewards are getting to be less and less… from diamonds to forge points, to attack bonuses. On top of this, Inno has changed the SC value; ratio because now even a 4sc sector, a player will rack up 5 attrition points where before it would have been 0. Please stop changing the game in ways that turn longtime players away from the platform. Seriously!
No changes have been made to GBG. A sector with 4 siege camps has always had the chance to increase attrition.

Pyroxy

Private
I rather hope that the ingredient drop rate has been adjusted since beta, as discussed on MooingCatFoE's video here: 2022 Fall Event balancing is terrible

In short, the ingredient availability (from quests, daily logins, daily challenges, and incidents etc.) was low enough that ONLY players who finished in the Apprentice League (top 20%) or higher would get the last level (L9) for their Sunflower Oil Press main event building. On older, established worlds, this means that the event is quite unforgiving to anyone who cannot meet the daily challenge requirements on EVERY day of the event, especially newer players and early age cities. On newer worlds (e.g. Uceria), where keen and active players are the majority of the player base, it means that only players who spend enough diamonds to pull ahead of the others can finish their event building. This seems like an excessively naked cash grab, at least if the ingredient availability remains the same as during the Beta event.

Knight of ICE

The baking mechanic was fun, but this quest line is certainly not newbie-friendly. I'm stuck on quest #3: I don't have enough tavern coins to activate even one tavern boost, let alone two.

The cheapest tavern boost is 200 coins. You can build a friends list of 140 friends. It really is not that hard. Negotiation quests are much harder. Thing is, you are new, you can not expect it to be easy. If quests would be made easy for new players, where would the challenge be for all other players?

This is the first time I can remember an event being engineered so that you have to spend diamonds to complete it within the event time frame. I agree with Pyroxy that this is "an excessively naked cash grab" and if future events are run on the same format I'll not be participating. I play this game for fun and I don't mind occasionally spending a little money on it but to be expected to spend my hard earned cash buying diamonds to finish an event is not acceptable in what is advertised as a "play for free" game.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Now that I have practically finished the event in both of my cities it's time for some feedback about the balancing:

HORRIBLY balanced event that makes it impossible for 80% of players to get the main prize to max level without spending diamonds! You can get up to 7 upgrades for free (if you are lucky), but you need 8 (EIGHT!). Thus you need to be in top 20% of players in order to get a Selection Kit for the final upgrade.

In my main city:
All quests completed, all daily quests giving ingredients also completed. Result:
FallEvent1a.png
FallEvent1b.png
FallEvent1c.png
7 upgrades earned and I have a chance to stay in top 20%, so I might be able to get the main prize to max level without spending diamonds.

In my second city:
All quests completed, all but one daily quests giving ingredients completed (I forgot to finish one). Result:
FallEvent2a.png
FallEvent2b.png
FallEvent2c.png
6 upgrades earned and I have no real chance to stay in top 20% (unless I get lucky and find some more ingredients in incidents), so I will be two upgrades short of max level.

In short, now that we no longer get an extra upgrade from the Event Surprise Box, it will be impossible for 80% of players to get the main prize to max level without spending diamonds. A poorly-veiled cash grab.

Chaskamn

Private
I have to agree with those who are greatly disappointed. I play in multiple worlds and did the complete questline, and I did most of the daily quests....No way to get the complete building. I feel quite let down.

My feedback for this event:
RNG on what ingredients you get (You're guaranteed a certain amount but I mean via dailies and incidents.) and RNG on what ingredients you can spend equals high chance of getting locked out of what you can bake near the end.
Ingredients are so expensive (150 gems for literally 1?) compared to the bonuses you can buy in other events is extremely bad. Even if you aren't F2P, that's a LOT of money because most everyone I see, including myself and every one of my friends that play this, are MANY MANY ingredients away.
I thought it was mentioned with the removal of surprise boxes the events would be balanced for that, maybe I'm wrong, but this ain't balanced for that. From what I see here, in my guild, in my friends list, if you aren't rich enough (either by having a bunch of farms or with a credit card with room on it) you cannot max out this building. If you can't get in the apprenticeship league, which seems to be quite difficult this year, you just don't get the building.
I'm 5 points away from being pushed out of it, and there's still a few hours left for the last minute people to throw me out.
I play this game with 3 IRL friends, literally none of us got the lvl 9 building, only 2 of us are in apprentice with hours left and we're barely there so will definitely be pushed out and to top it off, the building isn't even that good.
Not only is the building near impossible to complete, the daily rewards were quite awful. Sentinel outpost, stage of ages, and a kit i forget the name of that's basically just a 3x4 stage of ages were the only three things semi-worthy of even looking at. There was nothing cool like the knights pavilions, nothing really good like the governors villa or crows nest. Plus the main prizes were also bad, slightly better with the paid track but even that track still isn't that good, not remotely worth the diamonds.
My opinion is pretty negative of this event overall. Bad daily prizes, bad main prizes, and a bad building you almost require to spend diamonds on to complete. And it isn't even accompanied by a fun mini-game.
If this is how you want to move forward, with no surprise boxes, please Actually balance it to make the final level possible to get without multiple cities or a premium credit card. From what I see on the wiki the next building seems decent and I'd actually care to complete that one.
At the very least make the dailies and main rewards worth it.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I have played this game for many years, to many to count and this is only the second time I have failed to get a fully upgraded building I usually end up with an extra piece to start a second one off the following year

I finished the questline, completed every daily challenge and collected incidents every day 2/3 times a day

you took away the bonus box from the last event and reduced the length of the event but did not adjust the game mechanics to take both these things into account

very disappointed and will NOT pay diamonds for such a mediocre building or even a top notch building if the event feels like a naked cash grab which this one did

EDIT to add I ended with 1 unused apple so feel I balanced my ingredients well and was 6 stars short for the reward that gave a level

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
My final results:
Main city: 201 points, Professional League
Second city: 190 points, Apprentice League

However, in both cities I got lucky and found the right ingredient from an incident. Without that stroke of luck my results – especially in my second city – would have been worse. Having to rely on dumb luck to get what I need is NOT fun! Thankfully the building is not something I'm going to use, so it would have made no difference.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
A bit controversial perhaps, but here goes....

For a long-haul game I don't see anything wrong with having to wait til next year's Event to complete a building (or eventually from the AD).
If players really, really want the complete building right now then I think it's fine that they have to buy the last upgrade with diamonds.
They complete it, Inno gets some revenue. Win, Win.
It seems to be the new normal to want to achieve everything immediately or "the Event sucks". Have patience, this game is supposed to last.
Also, it seems strange to complain about not being able to get a full building and also say that the building itself is rubbish!

I quite like the randomness in Events. Not knowing what or how far I'm gonna get is part of the trip.
So what if I have 16 caramel left at the end and haven't seen an apple in days? It's a game.
Easily achieving everything is not my idea of fun.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
A bit controversial perhaps, but here goes....

For a long-haul game I don't see anything wrong with having to wait til next year's Event to complete a building (or eventually from the AD).
If players really, really want the complete building right now then I think it's fine that they have to buy the last upgrade with diamonds.
They complete it, Inno gets some revenue. Win, Win.
It seems to be the new normal to want to achieve everything immediately or "the Event sucks". Have patience, this game is supposed to last.
Also, it seems strange to complain about not being able to get a full building and also say that the building itself is rubbish!
I basically agree with what you are saying. For the FTP players, if they cannot achieve the fully levelled building within the Event itself, then they can wait until next year to win the missing pieces, or puchase on the AD. Inno saod that they were re-balancing the removal of the Event Box so that players should still be able to acquire all levels - I do not know if Inno feels this they achieved this balancing or not, but it appears to me that they did. This Event, they included a Selection Kit with the Apprentice Level {i.e. Bronze}, which usually is awarde just with the Professional {i.e. Silver} level and higher, which should have given the players who put at least a little effort into the Event, to achieving a fully levelled event building.