• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

fairness of event rewards.

Hello there,

Events are a great way for players to boost their cities in the direction they want to with provided rewards during one. However something that is very obvious and hasn't been fixed is the prizes players get. We asked our guild specifically to post, during the spring event 2020, how many lanterns they spent and what they got in return during one specific daily prize. The response, as usual, was a very wide range. Some spent as low as 4k lanterns to get 6-7 daily prizes and we have had others whom not only spent 7k+ lanterns they also spent 11k diamonds on top to go get no more than 10 daily prizes. This is an issue that really needs to be brought up because the answer of " the prizes are random" is not a good enough nor a satisfying one.

Let's see if we can bring this up to the developers and see what they say.
This is my first thread ever so am curious to see if or how this works.

Cheers and keep safe.

Emberguard

Legend
Random always has a range of variance. You also haven’t given any details on what colour animals they’ve been picking. Their choices will effect the outcome

If you’re intending for this to be feedback then here’s the link to the feedback thread for you to post in: Spring Event Feedback Thread (2020)

Its not fair its random based on a much larger sample size than 1 guild on 1 specific day

That is a given fact. It isn't about one guild, its about the number of players, in this case over 70, going for the same reward on the same with roughly everyone doing the same picks with such a wide range of outcomes.

Random always has a range of variance. You also haven’t given any details on what colour animals they’ve been picking. Their choices will effect the outcome

If you’re intending for this to be feedback then here’s the link to the feedback thread for you to post in: Spring Event Feedback Thread (2020)
This is the kind of replies I like to read. On that note, they have all roughly been picking and following the same strategy for the event. Thank you for the link.

I spent 4k lantern on one world the other day and got no wishing well shrink kits, today I spent 7k lanterns on each of two worlds, got 12 upgrades on one and 7 on the other.

Probably all works out OK in the end

Agent327

Overlord
Hello there,

Events are a great way for players to boost their cities in the direction they want to with provided rewards during one. However something that is very obvious and hasn't been fixed is the prizes players get. We asked our guild specifically to post, during the spring event 2020, how many lanterns they spent and what they got in return during one specific daily prize. The response, as usual, was a very wide range. Some spent as low as 4k lanterns to get 6-7 daily prizes and we have had others whom not only spent 7k+ lanterns they also spent 11k diamonds on top to go get no more than 10 daily prizes. This is an issue that really needs to be brought up because the answer of " the prizes are random" is not a good enough nor a satisfying one.

Let's see if we can bring this up to the developers and see what they say.
This is my first thread ever so am curious to see if or how this works.

Cheers and keep safe.

As you have found out there is a feedback thread for this. There is no reason to post it twice.

This is how it works. Feedback gets sorted and forwarded to the devs. That means that a comment like you have made now gets forwarded to the devs every event there is a random chance you can win a DS. So over multiple years they have been told that there are players that complain about the random rewards, yet they continue to set up events with random rewards. Most likely reason is that players spend diamonds on it, like you just confirmed. Now if you had to take an educated guess, what do you think they would say?

I didn't mean to send it twice it just happened to go through twice.

And for the rewards, the random percentage isn't the problem. The range of difference between what each player gets is absolute nonsense.
I spent 4k lantern on one world the other day and got no wishing well shrink kits, today I spent 7k lanterns on each of two worlds, got 12 upgrades on one and 7 on the other.

Probably all works out OK in the end

Well it didn't for some. I personally know at least 20+ players who left the game during this and the previous event.

The percentage reward balance will be over all players on all worlds over every server around the world.

Unfortunately a few players on x world, EN server are insignificant from that point of view

As someone who makes a living from computers, I know there's an algorithm and calculation behind the "randomness" and that is what doesn't sit well with me. Just today another guildie said he got 12 daily prizes with less than 4k spent.
I don't know if I'll get a response from the developers and if I don't then this will be it for me on this game.

As someone who makes a living from computers, I know there's an algorithm and calculation behind the "randomness" and that is what doesn't sit well with me. Just today another guildie said he got 12 daily prizes with less than 4k spent.
I don't know if I'll get a response from the developers and if I don't then this will be it for me on this game.

Perhaps try writing feedback on the beta forum in the future, while the event is still in testing phase. Devs will surely see it there perhaps even reply, while I never saw a game designer replying in this forum, unfortunately!

Agent327

Overlord
And for the rewards, the random percentage isn't the problem. The range of difference between what each player gets is absolute nonsense.

That is a rather weird statement since the range of difference between what each player gets is caused by the random percentage.

Devs don't respond here, so bye!

Emberguard

Legend
given that’s the only language computers understand it’d be impossible to put anything on a computer without code.

What you’re asking for is to remove the randomness so undesirable results never occur. You wouldn’t really be able to call it random then.

As to the devs, they’re on the Beta forum

given that’s the only language computers understand it’d be impossible to put anything on a computer without code.

What you’re asking for is to remove the randomness so undesirable results never occur. You wouldn’t really be able to call it random then.

As to the devs, they’re on the Beta forum

I dont want the randomness to be removed but rather spread equally between everyone. It requires a bit of programming but very attainable.

Tnx for the link

Jef Jef Jef

Private
the randomness is there so u spend diamonds and so the game can live on.
I got really unlucky this round... it took 11k lanterns and 6000 diamonds to get 2 sentinel outposts and the fire pagoda.
on another world i didnt even try and got 5 outposts and 11 pagoda kits with 5k lanterns, thats just crazy

the randomness is there so u spend diamonds and so the game can live on.
I got really unlucky this round... it took 11k lanterns and 6000 diamonds to get 2 sentinel outposts and the fire pagoda.
on another world i didnt even try and got 5 outposts and 11 pagoda kits with 5k lanterns, thats just crazy

And that is bizarrely stupid and shouldn't be happening.

DeletedUser

Rather like your complaint and blinkered insistence that you are correct.