• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fade out ALL buildings in build-mode

• Thread starter DeletedUser110195
  • Start date

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: When you enter build-mode, fade all buildings in your city.

No similar ideas posted that I could find or recall.

Reason: Roads, plain and simple. They're too hard to see behind buildings and it becomes a major pain in the backside when the section of it you're fiddling with is between two buildings, such that grabbing one with move doesn't help.

Details: See proposal. Very simple idea.

No visuals, possible abuse or balance issues.

To sum it up, it occurred to me that a building will fade out when you're playing with the roads near it most of the time but sometimes they're in a spot where they're still obscured but the obscuring building doesn't fade and you have to blindly click around til you hit it. Feels like this would be solved pretty easily if all the buildings just automatically faded when you enter build-mode.

DeletedUser110433

+1 in general
Please be more specific. If everything goes semi transparent than what about cases with 3 or more buildings behind one another (possible with tall buildings like DT and such).

This idea has been suggested in many various ways - FOE doesn't seem to care about this particular problem.
I would rather see all buildings in sticks mode and very simple to implement because all the needed code already exists.

DeletedUser110195

+1 in general
Please be more specific. If everything goes semi transparent than what about cases with 3 or more buildings behind one another (possible with tall buildings like DT and such).
For that you have outlines. I know the roads have them too but being very small and flat it makes no difference, but for something big, by the outline you would be able to tell what your cursor is on.