• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Excess Inventory

• Thread starter DeletedUser109935
  • Start date

DeletedUser109935

Proposal: So many folks have oodles of excess inventory from previous and current ages that will not be used. You used to have a gift icon which was never implemented, but at one time gave the folks hope that there was worth to their stored items. I propose that the excess inventory can be "salvaged" as a prize or special reward, much as you have the one-time storage feature. What would the gamer get in return? Coins and production would be boring and, frankly, not much of an incentive. You could give them a choice of 3 prizes, e.g., 1) FP's (the amount of FP's according to the era of the item), or 2) Medals (again the amount according to the era of the item, or 3) a victory tower.

Have you checked for similar ideas?: Yes, I have checked for similar ideas. There is a similar posting from jankfixer, but it does not include a solution.

Reason: #1, It gives you options for new and (hopefully) interesting new features and/or awards. #2, it gives the player value to his/her excess inventory (and ends the thought "another useless award").

Details: Special Award: salvage 1 piece Excess Inventory. I would not suggest the very small awards such as decorations be included in salvage.

Balance: It can't hurt anything. It will improve morale.

Visual Aids: I'm not that talented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
+1
Having 'trade in special award' as another special award (and hence not a routine action) sounds like an interesting solution to me - the frequency of the 'salvage' awards could be tailored to achieve game balance. Or they could be genuine event-only awards and not included in Guild Expedition/Relic drops...

for now - 0 / neutral

The reason people want the inventory improved is because with every unwanted or unneeded item, the inventory grows bigger.
There are multiple ideas that could help with the inventory problem, while this idea could be one, there are others...
  1. A hide option: click a "hide" icon to hide that item (show items by clicking View attachment 12475 that could be put in top left corner...)
  2. change "buildings" tab >View attachment 12476 to something else - where you can "move" an unwanted item to...to lessen the pages in View attachment 12477 tab
  3. Add something like View attachment 12479to quickly find what you want (I've said this before)
Also: Put generic buildings on inventory, convertable to a contemporary version (not generally favoured)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-a-generic-building-not-a-specific-one.33538/

And: Be able to cash-in the inventory item, just as though it had been put in the city and then deleted
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...provides-something-in-return-when-sold.33440/

Another thought is to be able to donate it to the Guild. Even if just for one Guild point (or whatever they are called) this would be something and would not make any notable change to game balance.