• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Events are too time-consuming

Sillyduck

Private
I have always treated Forge of Empires as a game that does not require full-time commitment of the player. I have a full-time job, a kid, and a household to run. And judging by the average age of the players, I believe this is a typical story for most players.

While events add spice to the game, and something extra to look forward to while it's ongoing, they are becoming increasingly feature-rich, which makes substantial time-commitment a must if you want to do well. Combined with the frequency at which events are being dropped and the length of these events, FoE is increasingly becoming a game for serious gamers only. I think this is a mistake on Inno's part. Many players will increasingly come to realize that they simply cannot commit the kind of time required to do well.

With GE, GBG, PvP Arena, great buildings leveling, and the proposed Guild Raids, there are already enough things that can suck time out of the day.

Can we please do the following:
  1. Design events so that they take no more than 30 minutes extra out of the average player's day
  2. Make events at most 3 weeks long
  3. Have At least 1-month gap between events
Aside from this trend, everything about the game is great!

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I support your point, but I think the game has increasing balancing problems because the company's desire for revenue is greater than their desire to provide a balance between puzzles and mindless clicking, and the constant stretch you feel on the time required to complete tasks and "do well" is to make you use your wallet to buy shortcuts/make it easier.

The personality types who stuck with this game (most of my guild is 6-9 year veterans) are people who like to complete things, maybe even have some OCD. We don't always come in first, but we show up and do our bit every day. The more things that you need to leave off and forget because it's not possible in the allotted time OR requires money to be competitive, the less satisfying it is to play.

Which leads to the question: If you can't be competitive, why play at all? If people feel like it's not possible to "do well" in whatever daily time they have to play, why would they show up to do half a thing and play it in a lame way where they don't complete anything? People will simply stop showing up for the disappointment.

Agent327

Overlord
You are not saying anything that has not been said in the event feedback threads. That's why they are there.

Sillyduck

Private
@Agent327, where can I find the event feedback threads? This is my first foray into these threads. My post is about all recent events, and not this particular one.

Nidwin

Sergeant
You are not saying anything that has not been said in the event feedback threads. That's why they are there.
I think this topic is fine Agent as it's not about 1 event but most events including the actual situation with the game lately.

I like the new mini-games, except St Patrick's ones, but I do regret the old ones as the new mini-games require a massive amount of time as P2W "for me". I need around 2 hours and a half to get through 50 tickets (wild life events) so 15 * 2 hours and half means that I will have spent around, probably more, 40 hours just dropping down chests and pawns. The anniversary like events are requiring the same amount of time and the new halloween event requires me to play between 1 and 1 hour and a half every day.

This is simply too draining and I'm actually looking forward to take a break from coming events and go, mostly, with my actual city and focus on other aspects of the game.

Agent327

Overlord
I think this topic is fine Agent as it's not about 1 event but most events including the actual situation with the game lately.

And that is something that has been said during event feedback for a very long time now. Judging on the announcement about what the future will hold it will only get worse, not better, so what do you think will be achieved with an extra thread on the subject? Does it look like Inno ever listens?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
And that is something that has been said during event feedback for a very long time now. Judging on the announcement about what the future will hold it will only get worse, not better, so what do you think will be achieved with an extra thread on the subject? Does it look like Inno ever listen
oh is it annoying you that people dont post where you think they should : ) oh happy days

Vesiger

Monarch
And yet the irony is that these forums see people complaining that there is 'nothing for them to do' if they can't swap sectors in Guild Battlegrounds every four hours, day and night, or can't play GvG, or can't grind hundreds of repeating quests per day, or have finished the current Age and want to know why Innogames haven't produced the next one yet and what they are supposed to do in the interim... One reason why Inno keep coming out with new features is to try to occupy the long-term players who have done everything, collected everything, levelled their GBs to over Level 100 and have no motive to log in (or spend diamonds).

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
And yet the irony is that these forums see people complaining that there is 'nothing for them to do' if they can't swap sectors in Guild Battlegrounds every four hours, day and night, or can't play GvG, or can't grind hundreds of repeating quests per day, or have finished the current Age and want to know why Innogames haven't produced the next one yet and what they are supposed to do in the interim... One reason why Inno keep coming out with new features is to try to occupy the long-term players who have done everything, collected everything, levelled their GBs to over Level 100 and have no motive to log in (or spend diamonds).
well losing gvg and the changes to gbg is hardly keeping the long term players happy so i dont know how you get that idea ? i have never had so much time off from this game since it first started, and its hard now to keep logging back in, i have started playing other games instead but then i guess that is what happens to us all in the end we just get tried of the same old and the changes made have just made it worse in my mind

Agent327

Overlord
well losing gvg and the changes to gbg is hardly keeping the long term players happy so i dont know how you get that idea ? i have never had so much time off from this game since it first started, and its hard now to keep logging back in, i have started playing other games instead but then i guess that is what happens to us all in the end we just get tried of the same old and the changes made have just made it worse in my mind

Irony is obviously wasted on you.

Philodus

Corporal
I disagree! I want another event now! They are great for getting more items, especially supplies. I think they should run consecutively, one ends, next begins.
Y.E.S. Every time someone says there are too many events I couldn't disagree more. I need them running continuously throughout the year, well maybe with a 3-day gap.

Malynn

Corporal
The current frequency of events is about right IMO. No-one is forcing anyone to play an event. Simple answer is, if you don’t have the time to play a particular event, then don’t play it.

Rojik

Private
The current frequency of events is about right IMO. No-one is forcing anyone to play an event. Simple answer is, if you don’t have the time to play a particular event, then don’t play it.
Yes and no. Sure we can skip events, but the way the new event buildings are waaaaaay more powerful than they were means missing a couple of events puts you a mile behind. I've been playing for 8 or 9 years, and have had many 6 - 12 month breaks and it never really mattered. I might have missed a couple of cool things, but I didn't miss things that put me to the bottom of the pile.
With the upgrades and buildings I got from St Pats I got the same as a high level CoA and Deal (and maybe a tad more). Not long ago the SoK was the best fp to space item. Then the upgrades. 2 fps. Awesome. Now there are 2x2's that blow those so far out of the water it's not funny. And those are only available with events. None of these are going to be seen in the auction house until they too are outdated.
Please don't get me wrong - I understand that the people at Inno aren't working for free, But for them to do that they need to provide entertainment, not try to bleed dry people. Not saying it's there yet, but it's moving that way. That these questions are being asked should tell us it's not the same game from 5 years ago

Byakuren

Private
i gave up on this game a long time ago, pretty much because of the monetization issues. now i just play to reach further content, ignoring any paid content. today i got a pop-up telling me to buy some event building for diamonds and after converting the price to real money i came with the price of about half a triple a game for 1 level up kit and i know that people will buy it because of various manipulation techniques, this is ridiculous.