• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

End of quest line - is there a loop on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What you mean, are the looping quests only - the end quests.
So I get you here - "Buying a forge point" = "end-quest"
"collecting 110000 supplies" = "end-quest"
"gaining 1500 hapiness" = "end-quest"
"collecting xxx coins" = "end-quest"
"producing 2 barrels of tobacco" = "end-quest"
"producing 2 incredible giant sails" or whatever = "end-quest"
"producing 2 giant clocks" or so = "end-quest"
"pay xxx supplies and xxx coins" = "end-quest"
"spending 53 forge points" = "end-quest"
"research 2 technologies" = "end-quest"

Makes even 10 different "end-quests" :p
By the way I completed ALL of them several times as long as it was still possible for me
One end-quest may require another end-quest to show up. So when you start skipping end-quests, other end-quests may not appear anymore, leaving you with less quests eventually.
That's exactly what I meant. If skipping an "end-quest" causes that this quest is not going to loop anymore - I warn everybody to SKIP/CANCEL one of those quests. People that have a full tech-tree are just screwed then...

Edit At Pendragon:
If you do have logs, could you please publish the name or the goals of the quest I ought to have skipped that made the rest of the 7 "end-quests" I had completed several times before vanish, so noone else get's trapped as I did?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've skipped hunderds of those loop quests. Matter of fact just 2h ago I bought about 25 forge points each time skipping 8 quests till I got the FP quest again to get some extra as reward(damn FP costs 12k coins lol) meaning I skipped about 200 quests. Lucky for me my quest line is still strong and hasn't bugged out like yours.

BAAAAHHHHH - life is unfair ;)

DeletedUser3157

Well actually I then bought about 20 more, but didn't collect quest award from them since that skipping process is so damn slow and boring and I didn't have time for it :P

DeletedUser

That's exactly what I meant. If skipping an "end-quest" causes that this quest is not going to loop anymore - I warn everybody to SKIP/CANCEL one of those quests. People that have a full tech-tree are just screwed then...

Well, it's not what I meant :p
I said that skipping one end-quest may cause another end-quest to stop from showing up again.

And I'm sorry you feel you're trapped, but in a while (there's no release date yet so it may be a while) there will be more content, another age, so more quests etc.

Just be patient :) - after all, this is just beta and the game isn't fully there yet.

DeletedUser

Well, it's not what I meant :p
I said that skipping one end-quest may cause another end-quest to stop from showing up again.

And I'm sorry you feel you're trapped, but in a while (there's no release date yet so it may be a while) there will be more content, another age, so more quests etc.

Just be patient :) - after all, this is just beta and the game isn't fully there yet.

Okay - at least it's the same I meant as well :p - just screwed up writing it down that way. :D

Just seems unfair that other players (hint for example) can skip 200 quests and it does not cause any end-quest to stop from showing up again as it did for me. Hard for me to imagine the quests were planned that way that some players are able to skip lots of quests while for other players there are consequences following having done so

DeletedUser

Ah but I doubt he skipped like 200 quests... that's just a figure of speech ;)

And as I said, the end-quests could be different for everyone, it just depends on the path you've taken through all the quests. Skipping one quest has consequences for everyone that does so.

DeletedUser

HAHAHAHAHA - 3 hours after it works again for me you announce that the quests won't repeat anymore starting tomorrow - you do that on purpouse don't you :p

DeletedUser

and just for your information - other players from Germany had the same problem I had - they came to the conclusion that when you finish/complete two of the looping quests at the same time and hit the finish button of both quests before a new quest appears - your looping quests don't appear anymore - same problem I had - and I completed the produce 2 barrels of tobacco and the collect 110000 supplies quests at the same time. This probably triggered the problem. For the German players the looping quests appeared again today as well. http://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/...rschleifen-Quest-fehlerhaft&p=54919#post54919
S

DeletedUser7719

Well, update tomorrow; let's see how this works out for you guys

DeletedUser6965

oh zamboozal, I'm so sry that I did no take a look for one week to this forum.
Yes I play on german servers and yes we had the same problem.. AND I informed "hint" about that! shame on you! =P =P =P
I wonder why Vanguard said (via pn), that he could not confirm this bug on english server O.ô
However we all are happy, that the bug is fixed =)

@klevito
I was actually asking, how can you complete the quest, unless you build culture buildings each time the quest shows up to gain happiness.

just build the cheapest decorations till the quest is finished ;)

All Mods are only normal players I think, and of course there are some normal players who are no Mods who know alot more than the mods. So don't believe every word a mod says ^^

Btw. U know german? do u play on german servers, too?

Sry for my bad english, I hope u all understood, what I want to say :D

DeletedUser

So don't believe every word a mod says ^^

Mhmm.... trying to figure out how to take that :D

But you're right, we're normal players like everyone else... but I'm not sure that there are many players out there who know more than we do! Maybe on specific things, but not in a general way :D

DeletedUser

Okay - seems like the *not a bug* problem has been just temporarily fixed - now I got 18000 supplies as reward from a quest and with that 18000 I completed another quest (collect 110000 supplies). Now my quests are gone once again and I did not have any chance to avoid it.

@Serpens - yes I do speak German (better than English ^^) but I don't play on German servers. At the point I discovered there were German servers as well, I was already far advanced on the English server and had no motivation to start all over again

DeletedUser

All Mods are only normal players I think, and of course there are some normal players who are no Mods who know alot more than the mods. So don't believe every word a mod says ^^

And yes I know mods are just normal human beings playing the game as I do.
I would have applied as a mod, too, but then rethinking that I then would have to deal with other buggerish, notorious smartypants like me - no way ^^

DeletedUser

And yes I know mods are just normal human beings playing the game as I do.
I would have applied as a mod, too, but then rethinking that I then would have to deal with other buggerish, notorious smartypants like me - no way ^^

Hahaha, here, have my like. :D

- L

DeletedUser7719

How exactly do quests decide where to start from when they loop?
Btw, I don't know how many people want your "like"

DeletedUser6965

How exactly do quests decide where to start from when they loop?
Btw, I don't know how many people want your "like"

uhm... where they start from? sry I don't understand ur question =/ do u want to ask how to get the loop-quests?

DeletedUser6965

I want to ask if the loop-quest are 10 quests, 5quests, 12 quests etc., and if it isn't a specific number, how is the number a quests determined?

maybe it's only my bad english....
u want to know if there is a special sequence of the quests? or do u want to know how many they are? or do u want to know exactly which quests are loop-quests?
They are 10 loop quests + 3 military-quests like "have 4 grenadiers and 4 dragoons" , but these 3 military quests disappear from loop-row if u have at least 3units of one asked unit.

DeletedUser

I want to ask if the loop-quest are 10 quests, 5quests, 12 quests etc., and if it isn't a specific number, how is the number a quests determined?

Looping quests are the final quests of questlines that you finished... so it could be different for everybody, depending on which quests they did and those they aborted. They'll only loop as long as the next age is not released yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.