• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

End of quest line - is there a loop on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have 2 of my quest-givers doing the exact same thing(only different quests than yours), but my 3rd line is still working and rotates the remaining 7 quests. 4th quest-giver is the christmas special thingy. So you are saying you only have 2 normal lines and the christmas snowball?

Jup, had the exact same situation - 2 quest givers repeating the same quest and the 3rd one still working and as 4th the snowball.
Then suddenly the still rotating line disappeared and I was stuck with the two not working quest givers and the snowball - so a total of 3 where I had 4 before.

One thing that comes to my mind is that it could be possible that I skipped every quest in a row until they started repeating - and I think that's not working - it could be possible that the loop doesn't continue if you skip/abort all 7 quests in a row as that would be the only thing I can think of I did (at least something I must have done wrong as it was working before ;)

DeletedUser3315

The rewards are not random as you receive the same reward for each quest every time (ie collect 100,000 coins i get 5 wire, spend 53 forge points, i get 5 paper, etc) on an endless loop, however, it has come to my attention that some players are receiving diamonds in this loop (specifically every time they complete the collect 100,000 coins quest they receive 20 diamonds they just skip the others and complete this twice a day to get 40 diamonds a day) it seems a bit strange/unfair?!

DeletedUser3315

Seems like ^ has been fixed in todays update as my random reward changed today

DeletedUser

Seems like ^ has been fixed in todays update as my random reward changed today

seems like it has NOT been fixed in todays update as I still have only 2 quests and they do NOT rotate

DeletedUser3315

Thats what i mean - seems like the quest loop and random rewards have been fixed. I would guess its fixed so there should only be one quest giver at any one time with the 7 quests rotating and true random rewards excluding diamonds.

Could maybe do with some clarification on what changed from someone in the know . . .

DeletedUser

Thats what i mean - seems like the quest loop and random rewards have been fixed. I would guess its fixed so there should only be one quest giver at any one time with the 7 quests rotating and true random rewards excluding diamonds.

Could maybe do with some clarification on what changed from someone in the know . . .

when you tell me that you have 7 quests rotating then that seems quite unfair - I have only the quests collect 110000 supplies and produce 2 barrels of tobacco. They give now a random award (at least it's different to what it was before) but when I complete or skip/abort the quest - the same quest appears again

DeletedUser3157

Just send a ticket. Bug fix obv took care of the rewards not being random, but ur problem still remains. Don't forget to do the clean catche etc routine before you send one, it might help now.

DeletedUser1184

I raised this question in a ticket, indirectly, and it wasn't seen as a bug.

DeletedUser3157

Well if you don't have the looping quests then it is clearly a bug because they just said it is an intended feature. So either you asked little too indirectly and wasn't understood, or you dealt with someone incompetent and need to ask again.

DeletedUser

E.g the quest to gain 1500happiness u can make as often as u want :D I always get 5 tar, so tar is not a problem :D then abort all other quests till the happiness-quest ist back ^^

Why this quest can be done as many times as you want?

DeletedUser

Well if you don't have the looping quests then it is clearly a bug because they just said it is an intended feature. So either you asked little too indirectly and wasn't understood, or you dealt with someone incompetent and need to ask again.

I am quite mad as well :mad: - I do not have the looping quests - I even added a screenvideo to my support ticket to clear any misunderstandings and it is not recognized as a bug.
So everyone with looping quest like gaining 1500 hapiness or buying forge points has a heavy advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If this is NOT a bug - could someone please explain to me this behavior?
After completeing the quest, same quest shows up to be accepted with requirements already fulfilled

DeletedUser3157

Why this quest can be done as many times as you want?

Apparently it is because we would have some quests to do until new age and new quests come out. But yeah that is kinda a bad one to include in the loop as it can be completed so easy, I think I've lost count by now how many times I've even completed this one. But couple of others are nice ones. FP one is very useful with the new GP donation scheme. And the one about producing 2 turrent clocks always makes me smile. I have it as one of the single loop quests and I only have 2 clockmakers in town. So I just keep them both on 24h cycle. But what makes me smile about it is that they are pretty much the weakest building in my town that could be supported. So i have few nabers who I think don't like me too much, but still wanna collect BPs with M/P. And they always keep that 24h production motivated thinking they are supporting the worst building in my town and did me the least good, while actually their single click just gave me 2k extra supplies xD

To zamboozal, this is just stupid. Staff has clearly stated that having the looping quests is an intended feature. So if you don't have access to 8 of them, it is clearly a BUG, there is no anyone could argue against that. Now I don't know who is the guy answering your tickets, but if he doesn't know how to fix your problem or there is no fix avalible for it, he should just say so, because he can't just claim it is not a bug. I quess I'd just try getting hold of different support member :P

DeletedUser

I was actually asking, how can you complete the quest, unless you build culture buildings each time the quest shows up to gain happiness.

DeletedUser

Apparently it is because we would have some quests to do until new age and new quests come out. But yeah that is kinda a bad one to include in the loop as it can be completed so easy, I think I've lost count by now how many times I've even completed this one. But couple of others are nice ones. FP one is very useful with the new GP donation scheme. And the one about producing 2 turrent clocks always makes me smile. I have it as one of the single loop quests and I only have 2 clockmakers in town. So I just keep them both on 24h cycle. But what makes me smile about it is that they are pretty much the weakest building in my town that could be supported. So i have few nabers who I think don't like me too much, but still wanna collect BPs with M/P. And they always keep that 24h production motivated thinking they are supporting the worst building in my town and did me the least good, while actually their single click just gave me 2k extra supplies xD

To zamboozal, this is just stupid. Staff has clearly stated that having the looping quests is an intended feature. So if you don't have access to 8 of them, it is clearly a BUG, there is no anyone could argue against that. Now I don't know who is the guy answering your tickets, but if he doesn't know how to fix your problem or there is no fix avalible for it, he should just say so, because he can't just claim it is not a bug. I quess I'd just try getting hold of different support member :P

After long discussion with the support this ought not to be a bug. For all of your sake I RECOMMAND NOT TO SKIP/ABORT ANY OF THOSE LOOPING QUESTS.
If you do so, chances are high that they will not repeat as skipping/aborting will make a break into those questlines.

DeletedUser

Regarding the recent developement in the looping quests at the end of questlines I do not feel comfortable playing this game anymore as this leads to a heavy unbalanced gameplay - was a nice time and best wishes and a merry x-mas and a happy new year to everyone

DeletedUser

Skipping or aborting a quest somewhere in a quest line breaks that quest line.

Which could result perhaps in less looping quests when you're at the (current) end of all quests.

DeletedUser

Skipping or aborting a quest somewhere in a quest line breaks that quest line.

Which could result perhaps in less looping quests when you're at the (current) end of all quests.

and again an information that is not true - I have done all of those 7 or 8 loop quests that are stated above in this thread multiple times. They remained and were looping. Then I started to skip single quests that had a poor reward (at that time the reward was not random) and some of them I skipped because I had the tech tree completed ans was not able to spend 53 forgepoints as no great buildings had been completed yet.
So all the looping quests started disappearing when I began skipping quests that where ON THE LOOP. I did not have less looping quests.
It suprises me that you don't have a quest log that proves that I completed all of those loop quests at least 10 times and did not skip any quests before reaching the loop

DeletedUser3157

I've skipped hunderds of those loop quests. Matter of fact just 2h ago I bought about 25 forge points each time skipping 8 quests till I got the FP quest again to get some extra as reward(damn FP costs 12k coins lol) meaning I skipped about 200 quests. Lucky for me my quest line is still strong and hasn't bugged out like yours.

To klevito: everyone I know have done their happiness quests just by building and razing cheap decorations many times over. Been like this ever since I started playing 4+ months ago so I don't know how you've been doing them lol. So filling that quest doesn't cost much at all and since you can complete it how many times you want it's not really a good one to have looping.

And to Pendragon: obviously this quest line is NOT meant to break by skipping a quest if the intension of it is to be "looping". Or if it is supposed to break, why is it working for everyone else and not Z?

DeletedUser

At zamboozal:

Please read carefully what I said, before saying it is not true.

You confuse two very different things: quest lines and looping quests.

A quest line is a series of quests, let's call them A, B, C, D and E.
If you skip C, you will not get D and E - so will not reach the end of that line. That quest line, will not go in a loop.
A looping quest is the final quest in a quest line - so it's always E. By definition, you will never have skipped A, B, C or D, or you would not have reached it.

What you mean, are the looping quests only - the end quests.
One end-quest may require another end-quest to show up. So when you start skipping end-quests, other end-quests may not appear anymore, leaving you with less quests eventually.

And who says we don't have logs? :p

Edit: At hint:
As everyone does different quests, and skip different quests, the outcome at the end is different for everybody. You cannot say "he's got five looping quests and I only three, something is wrong." It all depends on what you did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.