• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Enable and disable guild boosts for certain guild members

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
A
dd a way to enable and disable guild boosts for specific guild members

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Not found any so far

Reason:
Some members simply want to feed on the guild boosts without helping the guild in any way, kicking them is one thing but that person who has been kicked may not learn their lesson and personally I find it ineffective because that person who got kicked will jump from guild to guild with the same attitude, my guild wants a way to disable guild boosts for certain members so that the members that are not helping at all will start to help and if they carry on not to help then kicking them out is the last choice.

Details:
Only leaders and founders have power over this option, there will also be a reason box telling of why their guild boosts has been disabled which will be written by the guild leaders and founders.

Balance:
No effect on any balance

Abuse Prevention:
Can't think of any, leaders and founders will never abuse their members as far as I know it.
Summary:
Vote and read what my signature says when voting on my ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

I have met a lot of odd founders and leaders but all I wanted to add that you should talk to members who don't contribute to guild and find a common language and if it's not possible then I don't see any reason to keep them in the guild. In my opinion it will create tension between management and their members.​

DeletedUser

I do actually like this idea as I'm so fed up with guild members who don't pull their weight and just sit around growing fat on guild benefits. However, I'm sorry to say that I don't really feel like your reasoning is sufficient to add this feature when just removing the player serves the purpose.
Yes, they may not learn a lesson from being kicked, but they'll get another free ride in another guild until they figure out they're not contributing either. Unless you plan on following this player around for the rest of their game career and warning every other guild about their laziness, it's not all that useful. I also would not agree with this ability being extended beyond founders and leaders.

DeletedUser109385

talk to members who don't contribute to guild
That's what we do before we take actions:rolleyes:
create tension between management and their members.
I don't see how this could happen
I also would not agree with this ability being extended beyond founders and leaders.
For a second I thought, you are right, more members that have control over this power will cause a little bit of confusion as members do need trusted titles to do GvG.
Details and abuse have been changed.

DeletedUser107476

It would cause tension as removing those boosts would cause resentment especially if you gave it to founders, leaders and trusted. They argue and the trusted member removes boosts. That would cause problems for the founders.

How do you judge who is contributing?
Are those with HoF's exempt?
Are those with ob's exempt?
How do you tell who is contributing to guild treasury?

If you have warned them and they do not change minds then kick as removing boosts will do nothing other than make them quit the guild or is that the whole point of this, that you do not like kicking and this is an easier option?

DeletedUser109385

It would cause tension as removing those boosts would cause resentment especially if you gave it to founders, leaders and trusted. They argue and the trusted member removes boosts. That would cause problems for the founders.
I have changed the details, members with trusted titles do not have control over this power. What do you mean especially founders and leaders? They are the people who are the most trusted in the guild don't you think?
If you have warned them and they do not change minds then kick as removing boosts will do nothing other than make them quit the guild or is that the whole point of this, that you do not like kicking and this is an easier option?
I personally think that kicking should really be used as a last option to make the person help the guild in the future, personally I think disabling their boosts will do something, they might start working and willing to work you never know. My guild contribute in GE every week, my founders and leaders have a sharp eye! They know who has not been contributing to GE for the last 4 weeks!
How do you tell who is contributing to guild treasury?
To be honest have no idea as I have never been a guild leader myself

DeletedUser107476

I have changed the details, members with trusted titles do not have control over this power. What do you mean especially founders and leaders? They are the people who are the most trusted in the guild don't you think?

I personally think that kicking should really be used as a last option to make the person help the guild in the future, personally I think disabling their boosts will do something, they might start working and willing to work you never know. My guild contribute in GE every week, my founders and leaders have a sharp eye! They know who has not been contributing to GE for the last 4 weeks!

To be honest have no idea as I have never been a guild leader myself
All our members contribute to GE too, we have won all except once in championship and that was 70% beaten by 80%. That is easy to keep an eye on but contributions are not. We had a member claiming to be donating in our previous guild, yet when I checked he had been lying as there were nowhere near the amount of goods he claimed to be donating going into treasury.

As I said, would those with HoF's and obs be exempt as they are contributing to guild in another way?

I personally contribute over 2k power a day to my guild with HoF's and 150 goods a day to treasury are you saying I would lose boosts if I did not do GE?

DeletedUser12400

DeletedUser109385

are you saying I would lose boosts if I did not do GE?
In my guild yes if you have not been doing GE for a long time but I don't know about other guild
As I said, would those with HoF's and obs be exempt as they are contributing to guild in another way?
No everyone is treated in a fair way in the guild I am in
This idea makes it easy for impulsive, selfish leaders and founders to pursue their own goals at the expense of the needs and well-being of members.
But then what's the point? They can just kick that member away to suit their own needs and this idea is kind of doing the same thing, kicking means no benefits and disabling benefits means no benefits!
I agree, contact first;)
Yup! Then disable their guild benefits and then kick them if they still refuse to cooperate:D

DeletedUser107476

No, I can be talking about any guild but let's just stay on topic
This is on topic. How much power does your guild get from GE per week?
I contribute 2010 power a day from HoF's meaning 14,070 power a week.
Yet you say I would be cut off from the boosts of guild for not taking part in GE.
Yet I am betting I contribute more to guild per week than I would by doing GE.

P.S. I do actually do GE every week and complete 48/48 fights every week on o world ;)

This also proves why there would be problems between members and those with power to enforce these rules.

DeletedUser109385

This is on topic. How much power does your guild get from GE per week?
I contribute 2010 power a day from HoF's meaning 14,070 power a week.
Yet you say I would be cut off from the boosts of guild for not taking part in GE.
When I said help in any way I mean stuff like using HoFs, aiding, doing GE....anything counts that helps the guild no matter how big or small it is

DeletedUser96901

good idea

we need something to make players follow the guild rules more

currently we only have 2 options:
let them be "bad" guild members or kick them

DeletedUser106696

That's just too bad for a mere -1 imho. Let's start on GE: while I do 48/48 in AF most weeks, that contribution is less than half of what my HOFs bring in on a daily basis. So it would be utterly insane to kick a guildie with a number of HOFs who doesn't like GE for whatever reason. Then you have other guildies who help a lot in the background - be it giving advise to juniors or picking up trades, helping with GBs... A lot of that is not easy to measure and it's not transparent for everyone to see who does what. Therefore ther would be constant bickering along the lines of why am I considered a "bad guildie" while someone else is a good one... Hooray to favouritism and intransparent decisions!

Keep in mind that this is a game... people play it to relax, spend some time online... I cannot see my guildies being thrilled being "disciplined" by an incapable leader who can't either motivate his/her crowd or remove the dead wood

DeletedUser16126

So what you mean is that people that are contributing to the guild by GE, observatory, atomium etc can still be excluded????????

Vesiger

Monarch
Basically, as I understand it, it's a human call rather than a computer points rating... still not sure if I agree with the idea or not...