• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

East-Nagach

• Thread starter Pickled Soldier
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, i was wondering how people managed to take last section of East-Nagarch it has 3 ballists and 4 spears but i am unable to defeat with slings, slings.throwers.

How can i defeat it?

DeletedUser1294

If you have a whole army of slingers, you're probably doing it wrong.
You should have at least probably 3-4 spears or warriors.

DeletedUser

Cavalry are good against ranged units. But don't let them get close to any other unit (especially spear-type units), because they die quickly.

DeletedUser

8 spears and strategy. each province i had at least 2 spears left after defeating them

DeletedUser1441

I managed it with one cavalry, plus spears and soldiers

DeletedUser

sacrifice 4 horsemen to kill the ballistas and damage spears a little, your slingers should be able to clear the spears after.

DeletedUser

you guys are wasting coins and supplies on horsemen and slingers. i really wish i would have screen shot after the 3 ballista and 4 soldiers. i had 2 full health spears and one down to 2 bars. all you have to do is hover over the soldiers and move your spears just out of their range 1st turn. next turn, they will move up, so head straight for the trees. you should be able to attack the front soldier with 2 spears (make sure the first attack is in the trees for better defense). take at least 2 spears down to the bottom-right where 2 of the ballista will be (they move to the same place everytime, ive done it at least 25 times lol). try to attack one soldier a turn (3 attacks tops) and try to go around them and head for the ballista (they will take 2 hits from spears). after killing the ballista, take care of the soldiers while trying to stay in the trees/bushes and make the first attack with a spear with more than half health bars left. cant explain much more, but its possible, ive done it 3 times with at least 2 spears left

DeletedUser1294

As I said, I suggest Warriors and Slingers or Spears.
Long to produce but very effective, by the end of the battle you should lose about 2 hours of gameplay. By loss of 2 hours I mean you'll probably lose two warriors, which means you'll lose 2 hours of producing.

DeletedUser1081

okay yerrrrrpp and/or Panther - that sounds very gallant but please describe how you get anything close enough to the ballistas to attack them, okay? and what order are you taking them on in - ballistas first or soldiers first?

DeletedUser1149

Defend against their soldiers by putting your spearment in trees but thats on the way to attacking the ballistas. You have to kill the ballistas first or they will pick you off

DeletedUser1294

As said by Putahan, your primary objective is the Ballistas. They will easily pick you off if you don't chase them. ALL your primary objective for ANY battle are ranged units.
I don't really get what you mean by getting close enough, I would always try to move all my soldiers to one side, hide them in trees and bushes and fight infantry/horsemen whilst I get 2-3 to chase the ballistas on the other side. Normally works. You have to be quite careful when doing this, normally the CPU moves the majority of enemies units to the group of units you have least of. (E.g. If you have 8 units, and move 6 of them on one side, and 2 on the other, the CPU will norrmally (I noticed) send 3/4 of it's army to chase the smaller group). If this happens you should keep the beginning 2 to stop the infantry, whilst you get the other one to chase ranged.
Really hard to explain, but I hope you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

by "getting close enough" i mean getting any unit close enough to the ballistas to kill them. since their range is so long they can pick my archers and slings off before the latter get within their striking range of the ballistas. but anyway while i was awaiting your reply i did manage to win that scenario with 5 archers and 3 slings.

i wouldn't be able to explain how i managed it either, but: yeah, a lot like what you wrote, except that i think it was helpful that i stayed in starting position for the first round of moves, and then skittered back and forth along the top and bottom edges of the battlefield as fast as i could until the Artificial Intelligence got dizzy.

thanks for your patient help and insights. this thread should be good help to other people trying to get through that scenario.

DeletedUser

you guys are wasting coins and supplies on horsemen and slingers. i really wish i would have screen shot after the 3 ballista and 4 soldiers. i had 2 full health spears and one down to 2 bars. all you have to do is hover over the soldiers and move your spears just out of their range 1st turn. next turn, they will move up, so head straight for the trees. you should be able to attack the front soldier with 2 spears (make sure the first attack is in the trees for better defense). take at least 2 spears down to the bottom-right where 2 of the ballista will be (they move to the same place everytime, ive done it at least 25 times lol). try to attack one soldier a turn (3 attacks tops) and try to go around them and head for the ballista (they will take 2 hits from spears). after killing the ballista, take care of the soldiers while trying to stay in the trees/bushes and make the first attack with a spear with more than half health bars left. cant explain much more, but its possible, ive done it 3 times with at least 2 spears left

I've done something like this too except that I rounded about 3 of them up top chased the first ballista up and sacrificed them to get to the other two which ran way south while the rest the spearmen we're tanking the four soldiers, only thing was everytime they get their turn, they could easily take off 1-2 spearmen, though I have to make more attempts yet and see which maneuver would prove best. I believe however that it can be beaten with just 8 spearmen, last attempt I made i took them down to last ballista and soldier ...

DeletedUser

not as good as yerrp's exploits but man am I glad to take that ebony province... just did something like he said just a crucial mistake somewhere close to the end where instead of killing the last soldier I retreated my spearmen to nearby forests and ended up losing more hp...
dF8Mi.jpg

Attachments

• dF8Mi.jpg
    dF8Mi.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 69

DeletedUser

not as good as yerrp's exploits but man am I glad to take that ebony province... just did something like he said just a crucial mistake somewhere close to the end where instead of killing the last soldier I retreated my spearmen to nearby forests and ended up losing more hp...
dF8Mi.jpg

good stuff. yea i wish i wouldve screenshot after my fight. but i pretty much got the same result as you, 1 full health/1 damaged spear

DeletedUser

8 spears should clear your problem for you as several posts have said already, why waste cash on horses when you can quickly replce your losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.