• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Drummers School and Alcatraz

DeletedUser105544

I taught about coincidence at the beginning too. But than I also noticed that my rogues often used to die too quick. That was because I placed my rogue hideouts too close to graveyard. Therefore I deleted it. Since than, I noticed that my rogues live twice longer.

DeletedUser99445

I have tried this (All I had to do was pay attention to my Alcatraz output as my buildings are already various distances away from my Alcatraz) and can say it doesn't work. :)

I have tried all including the Diamonds from Wishing well and the Egg bounce and it absolutely works for me and several other players I know.

DeletedUser99170

Placebo effect. If you believe it will work, you will experience that it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
Placebo effect maybe
It is most likely a clustering illusion caused by representativeness heuristic with a little expectancy bias
Or even a case of Apophenia;)

DeletedUser914

I taught about coincidence at the beginning too. But than I also noticed that my rogues often used to die too quick. That was because I placed my rogue hideouts too close to graveyard. Therefore I deleted it. Since than, I noticed that my rogues live twice longer.

Not bright to delete, I placed my rogue hideout near the tree of love and they count for 2.

DeletedUser6065

Not bright to delete, I placed my rogue hideout near the tree of love and they count for 2.

Placed mine next to the Brewery. It hasn't been very pretty since that time.
They can randomly change into Bavarian folk dancers.
But, then again, they don't seem to mind very much.
The polka music is certainly more entertaining than the battle sounds we currently get. Inno should consider using it for the Treasure Hunt sound as well. A rousing little diddie to get the Captain on his way. I believe it's called 'Two Sisters Polka' Probably a 'cross-over bug' from the doubling reported by alwinal (see above).
And, the lederhosen can be quite eye-catching in the forest backgrounds.

All things considered regarding building placement, it's probably a good idea that we don't have brothels in the game after all.

Talk about your unintended consequences.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I think this discussion about where buildings are placed (and their "effects") has gone far enough here. Can we return to the topic of drummers and the Alcatraz and can we please keep it serious. While we all appreciate humorous theories and "facts" we don't want players coming across this thread and thinking that some of these are actually factual and how the game works.

By all means open up a thread in the off-topic section for humorous and entertaining "facts and theories", I'm sure people would enjoy that, but lets try to stay more serious here.

Cuthwolf

Captain
I used drummers in Iron Age GvG and found them useful. I also use them in other ages when placing defensive armies in sectors subject to NPC erosion. I thus do not build up a stock of units never to be used.

DeletedUser105544

I was always asking myself, how does the drummer attack other units and cause damage? Spear, for example, is much longer than the pace, so he can't reach spear guy with it.
Against tank I understand, he can climb upon a tank and start hitting turret until crew inside go mad.
But how can he attack archer? Maybe he throw some kind of pointy pace at him? Ha?

DeletedUser12778

Well i have to give credit to the building placement theory, I placed a peace sculpture next to my rogue hideout then selected 8 rogues has an army the result was all my rogues dead and the enemy army suffered no damage, i think they refused to fight because i placed the peace sculpture next to the hideout

Now seriously, this might be a bug maybe we should look into it i'll swap my barracks position just to check it, still i think it is just RNG
Currently I have 3 hideouts 1 ST factory and 2 AM range the hideouts are the closest, next the 2 AM ranges the ST factory is the farthest

today i got 10 rogues 1 AM sniper and 1 ST

Maybe we should create a post for this if anyone else is interested in testing it

And About the drummers i don't find them useful except in lower ages or if you use them with Assault tanks to gain an extra hit maybe not sure about the last never tested it

DeletedUser2989

Maybe we should create a post for this if anyone else is interested in testing it

Starting a new thread for such a thing would indeed be best. It's not within the topic of this thread to explore the "theory" of building placement in regards to the Alcatraz.

DeletedUser2989

I've had to delete several posts in this thread for either being off-topic or referencing deleted posts (and thus no longer making any sense on their own), if your post is missing from here this would be why. Please remember the topic of this thread is about the output of drummers from the alcatraz (and how if you're not watching it they can build up quickly!). We have gone far enough with the "building location/relation" theories in this thread, it is (as several people/moderators have mentioned) not true that the placement of your military buildings impacts the output from the Alcatraz.

I repeat, if you wish to have some fun and talk about such "rumors" please start a thread in the off-topic section, we do not want people to come to this thread and accidentally take these "funny theories/facts" as real ones.