• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do you like the new neighborhood setup

DeletedUser98205

There seems to be a complete lack of concern for the plays with a mind set of oh well more will join. Yes fighting and plundering forms part of the game, however it is NOT the sole point of the game. It is demoralizing for players who are trying to progress in the game only to be put in a hood with major players who are at least 2 ages ahead of them who plunder every chance they get thus preventing the developing players from progressing.

I am in position 71 in the guild with no hope of moving up as the majority of players have PE armies which I have no chance of winning against.

DeletedUser97983

Current hood merger is still messed up!
I had notified the unfairness of new neighbourhood of 2 weeks ago to game moderators and was told they were made away and would look at it.
New neighbourhood today and it's still terrible!!
We have 2.1+million players down to 91k players, different ages and military capabilities. Game moderators have got to b able to sort this out! it really can't be that hard!

tjq76

Private
We have the top 30 players in the whole of Houndsmoor in our neighbourhood and I'm at the bottom with only 212k the top player has over 6 and a half million rating. Yeah Inno really fair these mergers. Never a chance of anyone getting medals on the PvP except those with a million plus ratings. There is even no point in putting a defence up. I've also noticed this morning its happening in all the other worlds. Its enough to make a player quit this game!

DeletedUser7099

If the top 80 ranked players all got merged into the same hood it would be a heck of a battle. But then by the end of the week when all of a sudden 75 of the top players won't get medals, The whining will come back in double effect here on the forum. There is no way they can equal this issue, but if they find a way, well... one billion credit to them!

DeletedUser17954

unfair mergers

ok guys, I am posting the whole conversation here with the dev/moderator, i have put the ticked in as I was very annoyed with what's been done to me, so here it is and any of your input is appreciated:
"Hi guys
I have been merged to another hood today and i have to say, that it is already 3 times guys when you knocked me back to the bottom of the hood from top 10. I am an active player and obviously we all start aprox. with the same level players at the same time and trying to progress and work our way up. But for all this progress to be take away overnight 3 times already is quite unfair. twice I've already worked my way back to the top 10 after you knocked me back . But now you have put me in position number 56 with people that are 3 to 10 times stronger than me, making it virtually impossible to catch up since obviously they played a lot longer than me and made me very vulnerable to the attacks. How is it fair? It makes this game absolutely pointless. You are going to lose a lot of players like that. The merges should not be so aggressive and people at least should be put into a competitive environment, with similar players without leaving them feeling that all the progress and hard work on the game have been completely lost. i was shifted from the position 7 to 57 in a recent merger."
dev:
"It is not points that determine whether a player is able to compete in a neighborhood or not, but whether you are at a similar level of progress in the tech tree (and thus have the same kinds of buildings available to you).

The way the system works is that neighborhoods are broken into chunks of players of a similar level of progress in the tech tree (not global ranking points) and then each of those chunks is put together with other similar chunks. Sometimes this will mean you are near the bottom of your new hood (on points), and another time you may well be near the top. You do not say what age you are in, or what age the rest of your new hood are in, but the chances are that the top players are only one or two ages above you at most.

Should you find that the top players in your hood are more than 2 ages above you, the first thing to bear in mind is that the new merge system is still in its early stages and it may take a few more merges yet to get the neighborhoods to how they should be - that is with all 80 players at a similar level of progress in the tech tree. The second thing to bear in mind is that with the new system the merges happen every two weeks, and there is a very good chance the next merge will place you in a more equal hood, so hang on in there.

If you are being attacked and defeated, the best thing you can do for now is to protect your goods (but also supplies) by timing your collections so that you will be online at the time the buildings produce. That way you cannot be plundered. If you can only guarantee to be online at one time of day then 24 hour cycles are best. After all, being attacked does you no harm at all if your productions cannot be plundered

me:"Hello
thank you for your reply, but I'd like to make a few points.
First of all, why do you have points system in place? Surely it is a stimulating competing tool to get people interested to compete with each other. Just strip off people of their points altogether so they don't know who is higher/lower in the rank and maybe that would be more fair. But no, of cause it is interesting to compete for points, but when you put people into a non-competitive environment it doesn't make any sense.(i.e i have 200.000 against 2000000)
Secondly,, you have GBs now in place. And people that been here longer had a chance to maximise them. So, no matter how far I am in my tech, tree, they are still going to be better than me as they have started a lot longer than me.
it is like playing a faulty game you bought in a shop. You make a progress through a hard work and play and then it breaks, you have to do the same over and over again, and then it breaks again. Would you personally play this game?? Ps: I am in a progressive era, and i am a paying customer too, so would be a shame to leave it as i have invested some time and money in it. But you do not take a lot of consideration when you do your mergers, The tech. tree is just one aspect of the game and I am sure you know that.

dev: Hi ,

I personally think that the merge system needs some work, but the moderator team is in place purely to help with the issues people face and there for not involved in game design or balancing.

Can i suggest you post this on the forum in the ideas section, there are lots of others with issues with the merge system and getting up there can only help.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/f...y.php?76-Ideas

me:
hi , you want me to post the whole conversation there? well, so far, i looked at forums and i got the impression that nobody gives a damn about what people thing and about the paying players. which is bad in way as I am a debt collector so i am aware how important the customers are. I personally cannot dismiss customer complaints in my job as we'll lose the customers. but i can post it if you recommend. thanks. ps . however i have seen similar posts and al that was said to them: we don't care!

any response guys??
"

DeletedUser16026

I do not believe the moderator wanted you to post this, they wanted you to post your feedback regarding the merges. This is not about how moderators handle this, but how the neighborhood merges work --- they cannot change this for you, they are players like ourselves who volunteer to assist with the game. I believe the moderator's point there was that they too believe the merging system can improve.

Indeed the merges are discussed on various places on the forum. Personally, I do like how the merges are intended to work, I just believe they need to be smoothed out (having 3 ages covered in a single neighborhood isn't very balanced). But I do agree that ranking points have no direct influence on a player's strength. A player having 2 million ranking points does not make him stronger than a player who has 200k ranking points. What can make him a stronger player is technology, great buildings, and overall city development (having rogues or watchfires can make an impact). Ranking points do push players to be more competitive, but a player with 2 million points could still have joined before a 200k points player, and have worse battle skills.

DeletedUser13805

I do not believe the moderator wanted you to post this, they wanted you to post your feedback regarding the merges. This is not about how moderators handle this, but how the neighborhood merges work --- they cannot change this for you, they are players like ourselves who volunteer to assist with the game. I believe the moderator's point there was that they too believe the merging system can improve.

Indeed the merges are discussed on various places on the forum. Personally, I do like how the merges are intended to work, I just believe they need to be smoothed out (having 3 ages covered in a single neighborhood isn't very balanced). But I do agree that ranking points have no direct influence on a player's strength. A player having 2 million ranking points does not make him stronger than a player who has 200k ranking points. What can make him a stronger player is technology, great buildings, and overall city development (having rogues or watchfires can make an impact). Ranking points do push players to be more competitive, but a player with 2 million points could still have joined before a 200k points player, and have worse battle skills.

i think it should be based on age your in only
i think it would be a much fairer system and players could take there time before moving up in age or i think you could put the lowest 3 ages together as its not that much effort needed to progress and start to catch leaders in the bottom 3 ages etc
but after the first 3 ages i think players should then be in hoods that are age fixed so lma players will only face lma players and ca would only face ca etc

DeletedUser16026

I agree with that. I don't think it should be too difficult to do coding-wise, and I believe players would prefer having less than 80 neighbors for 2 weeks if all hoods can't be matched that way and be full, so as long as they're on the same level tech-wise. I myself would be happier that way, at least, if my hood isn't full.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
In another server I play, I was merged into a new n'hood of 80. I had finished PE and was on close to 900k points. The next player down from me in the n'hood was EMA and on 12k points.
Totally unfair on them and me as well, because my daily points scores from battles was so low due to them having such low level units in defence :(

DeletedUser1081

Guys, please do not blame FoE staff for improperly functioning merges. Keep in mind that:

1. Moderators do not know how exactly merging works because the algorithm was invented by the developers.
2. Developers do not know how exactly merging works because coding was done by the programmers.
3. Programmers do not know how exactly merging works.

Spot on!

Still, it's quite odd that anyone's still saying things like the quoted mod's "the first thing to bear in mind is that the new merge system is still in its early stages and it may take a few more merges yet to get the neighborhoods to how they should be".

I mean: How long have we been living with the new system now, and it's still off-kilter? And how many "few more merges" do they mean? It's a mystery. :cool:

DeletedUser276

Sorry folks I been away from the forums for a while and working ingame a lot.

The merge system is still being discussed by us and the devs.

That ticket that the player copied into here by the way was a discussion with a moderator. Not a Developer. They asked you to post any ideas you have for a change on how things work with the merge in the ideas section. Or read in there maybe someone else put an idea in already.

the few more merges mink is ongoing. When you merge into a new hood it may be off kilter due to the fact that there are a lack of open neighborhoods with equal techs. so the odd low level tech may get merged. But thats only unlil another hood has the proper amount and the player can be shifted.

This is something that could happen at ANY merge depending on whats available when the merges happen. As such once your in a hood and people dont quit and everythings even you will stay in the hood.

As for the points.. the points are a way to tell how "active" a player is. The higher the points usually the more active they are. This will be used for Guild Vs Guild when it comes out and gets its updates.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Love a good merge :D

I got plucked out of my old hood this week ...and deposited in another ...with all sorts of strange folk.
hahaha

DeletedUser12063

I still can't see why I got stuck with several big diamond players in my neighborhood. I think they need to do a big shake up and change it around. All they do is bring in some new small players that don't even have a chance here. Then they take them back out. Do something big for a change.

DeletedUser101925

When logging in this morning I was shocked and appalled to see that my neighborhood has been changed.
I was in a neighborhood ranging from 100 to 10.000 points and it was all fine and now i'm in a much bigger neighborhood between 2.000 and 36.000 points. The biggest problem i have with this change is that my own neighborhood was actively contributing towards my GB and trading and that will now end. I even was becoming friends sorta with these two guys.
I did not ask for a neighborhood change nor was it necessary. I'm close to the start of EMA and in my previous neighborhood most were either still in IA or early EMA too. So i just dont get it.

Why not make it optionable for people to switch neighborhoods?
Why doing in it in a random fashion ticking people off?
Sorry to put it like so but I really feel ticked off about it.

DeletedUser15432

If they were actively contributing to your gb, they are still able to do so, if you want them as trading partners, either they will send you a friends request or you can send one to them

As you advance through the tech tree your nieghbourhood will change, this is part of the game

You can find the information as to which gb you were contributing to in the news, great buildings section, and you can find who was contributing to your buildings by checking the building information, this tells you who has given points

DeletedUser

The hood i've been merged with is not too bad tbh,the no1 on my last hood is no1 on this hood,having said that,if the merges swing from decent to cannon fodder....guess what?

DeletedUser14664

i've been in the same hood with the same people for months. from time to time 1-2 extra people come in, but after a while, they disappear :D

DeletedUser96867

i've been in the same hood with the same people for months. from time to time 1-2 extra people come in, but after a while, they disappear :D

I've been in the same boat for about 6 months. Just glad i'm not one of the unlucky players who has been stuck at the bottom end of a hood for many months on end.

Seobam

Private
I apologize, if this was mentioned earlier in the discussion, but I'm wondering about one thing: what's the logic behind neighborhood "construction"? How does the game determine, which players belong to single neighborhood?

My current neighbors range between 29k points (LMA) and 2.2 million points (MA) - I have 134k points (IA). The thing is that I keep being attacked and plundered by "high scoring" players with MA units (and 70% attacking bonus) and there's no way to defend myself. I understand - plundering is a part of the game, no fuss here - but at least try to make it fair. At least up to a certain point, because it's really getting annoying.

DeletedUser7719

I apologize, if this was mentioned earlier in the discussion, but I'm wondering about one thing: what's the logic behind neighborhood "construction"? How does the game determine, which players belong to single neighborhood?
The logic was suppose to bring all player around the same spot in the tech tree together, but there are some bugs in this system, so random players (like you) will end up being in a hood with people definitely out of your league.
Shuffles happen every 2 weeks, so hopefully you're transferred out by the next one