• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do you like the new neighborhood setup

DeletedUser276

if they are invisible when the merges happen then they will be grabbed to a less active hood. Most of those though that do what your asking just do quests in hopes for diamonds. ie players open accounts across all worlds to try and farm them. However with the change in % chance to get diamonds they have mostly gone inactive like you are saying and only want to pop around for holiday or special events.

The few ruin it for the many.

DeletedUser

So you are now in CA, .....
How can I be in CA when I stated that I've just left HMA!! LMA comes after HMA!!

.... and you have InA players in your hood.... wow, the contrast.... how do you know those players are not recently within InA?
Because you cant get tank factories early in IndA

The way the system now works, it separates hoods into 'blocks', the split of which is decided by the most significant gaps between individuals. The gap between the bottom 'block' and the top 'block' might be huge, but it would be bridged by the middle 'blocks' - not ideal, I agree, but I think this is why you end up with the range of players in different ages/eras. Still, better than being in a hood with 25 other players for 3 months right....?
And the points range is now 10,000 to 350,000 - thats really fairer .... not!! The level of boredom increases when you have Troops that can wipe anyone off the board, and increases also fo the player being wiped!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The level with which CM and moderators blatantly ignore this problem and sugarcoat it is infuriating.

Guys, PR 101: empathize with your customer/client. Understand why your product doesn't work for them and admit it. And for god's sakes, don't tell them "the fact that it annoys you to no end is intended but it should be fixed in your case in a month or so. then some other sucker will be in your position for a month and so on".

I know you're not the ones fixing this but what people what from you is understanding, and you're not giving that. You say that berserkers vs. tanks is perfectly fine and we should l2p. That's insulting.

DeletedUser

The level with which CM and moderators blatantly ignore this problem and sugarcoat it is infuriating.

Guys, PR 101: empathize with your customer/client. Understand why your product doesn't work for them and admit it. And for god's sakes, don't tell them "the fact that it annoys you to no end is intended but it should be fixed in your case in a month or so. then some other sucker will be in your position for a month and so on".

I know you're not the ones fixing this but what people what from you is understanding, and you're not giving that. You say that berserkers vs. tanks is perfectly fine and we should l2p. That's insulting.

I don't think we ever ignored the problem. Nor did we sugarcoat it.
Actually, time and again we have said that it has teething problems and that there are the odd ones out. However, for the grand majority, these merges work much better than the old static neighbourhoods ever did, even with the old merging system. So yes, there is improvement.

We have also said here (and I still regularly do so in tickets as well) that we understand the problem, that we see how frustrating it can be. That we don't say so in each and every post, doesn't mean we don't sympathise.
And then we explain how you could look at it from a different angle, how you could try and tackle the problem, using game mechanics yourself. Give you tips and hints. It's up to you of course what you do with them, after all it's your village.

However, most players find a way indeed and aren't as troubled anymore afterwards. So it may help to try some of the tips that are given in this thread.

DeletedUser12034

Well, I think I already said a few times that that's exactly what they're aiming for: balanced hoods, players with about the same progress. Just be patient while it's slowly going in that direction :)

Well.
I think it is quite disappointing week after week. But maybe my progress is lausy and therefor I am stuck with high middle age-players and such while I have finished the progressive era weeks ago.
My neighborhood has about 75 players and four players has progressive units. Sad enough three of those is members of the same guild, including myself.

DeletedUser

I haven't progressed as far as many of the commentators on this thread, but after the summer event finished, each of the merges has added to our hood. More players, better balance, no errors in adding players from advanced eras. More for me to battle. Went from #1 to #19 after a merge, back up to #5. No complaints here.

DeletedUser

If you notice cities existing on the edge like this and appear not to be going anywhere then please let the support team know so that we can check it's not maliciously intentional. (Could just be me being overly suspicious)

DeletedUser98205

I don't think we ever ignored the problem. Nor did we sugarcoat it.
Actually, time and again we have said that it has teething problems and that there are the odd ones out. However, for the grand majority, these merges work much better than the old static neighbourhoods ever did, even with the old merging system. So yes, there is improvement.

We have also said here (and I still regularly do so in tickets as well) that we understand the problem, that we see how frustrating it can be. That we don't say so in each and every post, doesn't mean we don't sympathise.
And then we explain how you could look at it from a different angle, how you could try and tackle the problem, using game mechanics yourself. Give you tips and hints. It's up to you of course what you do with them, after all it's your village.

However, most players find a way indeed and aren't as troubled anymore afterwards. So it may help to try some of the tips that are given in this thread.

Actions speak louder than words. About 70% of my experience on FoE has been good, if something has been recognised as a problem then something should be done about about it, surly this is more important than adding new things like Guild V Guild.

I was in a good neighborhood all of similar ages or just above. I was ranked 2nd, then for some bizarre reason I was moved into a hood where the top 20 players are in at least the CA age.

I have posted in a few other parts of the forum about things that could make things better, i.e increase the bank of forge points, surplus forge points and now this, if the powers that be want more people to join FoE they need to listen to those that are already here.

There are some on FoE who enjoy other parts of the game apart from Warfare. How is the hood fair when it ranges from someone with 168.429 points down to 5.681

DeletedUser97750

I think I'd prefer if the system worked on an individual basis ranking by first age and then points. I wouldn't care if the neighbourhood changed regularly and it would seem to be a fairer system to me than this trying to keep neighbourhoods together.

DeletedUser7719

How to tell you've ended up in a bad neighborhood:
funny pic 15a.jpg
(I'm guessing the merge happened between 5:00 and 7:00 :p)
I'm in the bronze age with around a sincere 1K points, and what is #1 ranked? You've guessed it: 1.3Mil...
Luckily, this city is as useless as the effect I have on the other neighbors :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
:eek: Looks like time to switch to 24 hour production cycles there byeordie - if you didn't already. At least I see no plunders in that event history!

The last merge took the player who has been plundering me out of my hood (Yayyy!!) and brought in 2 who are in BA :eek: The rest of the hood is IndA and PE, so I pol/mot the BA players, at least until I get room for a slinger range - it's not worth attacking them for the points in any other tower, except possibly IA, and they have nothing worth plundering anyway since I am in IndA, and soon PE :)

Last edited:

Greywolf

Sergeant
Today's neighbourhood merge in Arvahall landed me (a ProgressiveEra player) into a neighbourhood filled with hordes of LMA players and even a HMA player. Surely this isn't suppose to happen?

Now you have set loose a wolf amongst a pack of sheep. Not really an ideal situation for either the wolf or the sheep.

DeletedUser9168

Today's merge has landed a guildmate who has just moved into the LMA in a neighbourhood with 80 PE guys, and one HMA player. How can this possibly be a fair merge? They are seriously considering stopping playing as PvP was a large part of the enjoyment of the game, and they are unable to fight battles now (attacking a 2sp defense is not a satisfying battle for them)

Are people's appeals to move neighbourhood again in this situation ever successful? or are they stuck with it for at least the next two weeks?
I was led to understand that these mis-matches were just teething problems of the new merge system but we have had several months of it now.

Puablo

Corporal
Likewise. It was bad enough fighting against 6 tanks and 2 rogues, now we have 7 more PE players moved into the hood. How are we ever to get points in the PvP? How are we to expand? Then, how about the guys in BA who were moved in on the last merge? No wonder so many people are leaving. This is bad practice and should be changed soonest. Put all PE players in one hood with other PE players but according to their status within PE. Put all IndA people together, and again grade them within the Ind A - and so on down the scale.

DeletedUser9168

Quote from Pendragon when she was still a mod on 29th September:
I clearly remember the "old" merging system, and many, many players complaining about empty neighbourhoods and it taking more than just "a few rounds" before they found themselves in better neighbourhoods.
So there are a few teething problems now. I'm convinced we'll get past them and we'll end up in a much better situation than we started out with - please be patient a little longer. :)

if these are still teething problems, FOE needs to get a new dentist.

DeletedUser

if these are still teething problems, FOE needs to get a new dentist.

Haha yeah this is as broke as ever. Looking at the towers in my superhood on Houndsmoor, I can tell it has essentially killed battling for the vast majority of the hood. Making everyone passive players has caused people to drop out of the hood at a higher rate than I would have thought possible when the hood is made up basically of all top players. They get replaced by BA players every week too haha.

I think GvG will at least bring that part back to some extent b/c it will mean battling won't just be purely a chore for points (can't plunder or win towers any more). This balancing thing had its heart in the right place, but it was really never a good idea. I haven't battled much at all since it began and I have pretty much stayed at where I was before in ranking. That means everyone around me must be doing same thing.

Puablo

Corporal
I think GvG will at least bring that part back to some extent b/c it will mean battling won't just be purely a chore for points (can't plunder or win towers any more). This balancing thing had its heart in the right place, but it was really never a good idea. I haven't battled much at all since it began and I have pretty much stayed at where I was before in ranking. That means everyone around me must be doing same thing.
I can assure you that there are people around who are 'rubbing their hands with glee' at the prospect of fighting. The winner of our last PvP fought over 400 times and had nearly 3,000,000 points, now they have brought in 3 people of a higher status!!!
Now GvG is going to involve who? The majority don't have an army, why, because they are fed up with with not even taking a green bar off any attackers during a fight. We come back to the big powerful guild winning everything again - whilst the poor 'no-hopers' just watch OR LEAVE!
There must be 300 plus players at the end of PE. All the time gaining more and more ground on the next 1000 players. How can new BA players, placed in a guild with 5 over 1M points be of any use to anyone. Who can they fight? Time to think of the newer players methinks.

DeletedUser14587

its nice and i love competition however every reshuffle i found 5 poor guys in the end they are 10 k and the biggest is 30k i don't know what they do in middle of millionaires and progressive age player the smallest is 200k so this i guess is unfair for them as they will have Avery tough challenge to develop so i guess send those small player together and GIVE THEM CHANCE TO SURVIVE