• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion to 1.30 update

DeletedUser96901

There is nothing in the expansion tab. What good are medals if they can't be spent. This is the 2nd update in a row for no expansion for advanced players. You add 22 squares to the city and then provide no way for expansion. There has always been purchases with medals available until now. WHY???
lol now the average players come out and complain :rolleyes:
never good enough to reach the last medal expansion
but now after investing many cups (and diamonds) they see the end

there was always an end of medal expansions:
so saying there has always been purchases with medals available until now is a lie

I had the last one when it was 6000
I had the last one when it was 9000
I had the last one when it was 15000
I had the last one when it was 21000
I had the last one when it was 30000 before the event

very good players always have reached the end before there were more

but now the average players see the end too :rolleyes:

and funny: playing since May 2012 and not knowing that there was always an end

@InnoGames:
do you see now that throwing away so much medals wasn't very smart :rolleyes:
in the past it was work to reach the end: now it only takes a few cups (and diamonds for buying more cups)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

**** Hardware Accelerator ****

Well I have found it speeds up loading of cities when mot/pol but when I started to move several things around in my city I experienced significant drag which meant I had to turn it off. So glad they were convinced to keep the off button and hope the devs will understand that our concerns were justified. Hopefully they can resolve the problems on beta but I think no matter what they need to keep the off button for those who experience problems.

DeletedUser96867

very good players always have reached the end before there were more

but now the average players see the end too :rolleyes:

There are lots of very good players who have never reached the end before either, that is because they didn't start the game earlier enough to have been bouncing off the end of the tree for a half dozen ages. Now players who have never reached the end of the tree having only started 6 or 7 months ago, who might even still be a couple ages back have been able to purchase all the expansions due to the event.

DeletedUser

hardware acceleration makes battles faster but everything else is unplayable with it on. This is a ridiculous change. It will take forever just to do daily collections now

DeletedUser13082

hardware acceleration makes battles faster but everything else is unplayable with it on. This is a ridiculous change. It will take forever just to do daily collections now

Turn it off then...

DeletedUser100341

Just did a collection with 1.30 and HA on (Houndsmoor). Its a little sluggish compared to HA off but none of this click through I hear about. I'll leave the game on and see. If there is a memory leak it should get worse as the day goes on.

1.30.24735 (09.07.2014 10:07), TheWizEd (1523230), en8, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7, Chrome/35.0.1916.153, 1920x993, OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

It wasn't so bad yesterday but today its been getting worse and worse. During collection I have to wait to move to the next building and then wait for the dialog to appear. I'm going back to no HA.

DeletedUser2989

Having played a few times now with the new HA I'll say this, I've seen nothing but improvement with it. Major problem I was having before was the massive slow down during battles. Now my battles are smooth, other towns load instantly. Couldn't ask for more really :)

DeletedUser

lol now the average players come out and complain :rolleyes:
never good enough to reach the last medal expansion
but now after investing many cups (and diamonds) they see the end

lol

domapoi is ranked 1 on brisgard (and has been for probably 2 years)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I agree.

I am 3rd in Fel (formerly no.2) with 425k medals which I have acquired over time through hard work fighting for PvP towers, rewards from GB donations, from my Deal and Colosseum, and from looping quests (which have been boosted with my Chateau). I have managed to get all the Victory Expansions available and I have never been in a position where I was waiting for enough medals in order to get them. I have not bought any medals with cups.

The 2nd place player (formerly no.1) has 457k medals.

Since the event started and with the timed prizes of medals, no.1 spot on the medals ranking in Fel is now held by a player with 610k medals, of which over 250k have been bought with cups. This really does make a mockery or the earning and winning of medals in order to get Victory Expansions.

DeletedUser99588

Having played a few times now with the new HA I'll say this, I've seen nothing but improvement with it. Major problem I was having before was the massive slow down during battles. Now my battles are smooth, other towns load instantly. Couldn't ask for more really

Have you tried rearranging your city? That is when I experienced significant lag.

DeletedUser2989

Have you tried rearranging your city? That is when I experienced significant lag.

No, I rarely do large rearrangements anyway. I often find myself with every space filled so I dread having to rearrange, even if it's just a few buildings. :)

DeletedUser96867

I find HA works very differently on different computers. On the computer i use most of the time, i have a lot of problems especially with button bleed through, lag in setting production, and building moves. However i logged in on a different computer earlier today and had no problems with the HA on. I will continue playing with HA turned off until it is greatly improved.

DeletedUser99588

I have also experienced problems when fighting with H/A on. Difficult to know if it was the H/A or just the general problem of things slowing down after visiting numerous cities. When you switch H/A off it refreshes as well so hard to know whether the refresh has cleared things or turning H/A off.

Will experiment in the week to see if I can ascertain if it is the H/A slowing things down.

DeletedUser102246

Mia Culpa-- It's only a SEMI-Disaster

Thanks to the extremely helpful information presented here in this forum I was able to disable HA in the Flash plugin. There are still some minor performance quirks, but generally the game still works okay on my old machine.

I can't help wondering, however, how many players will give up in disgust over the HA issue without checking further into player-accessible workarounds. I still see the handling of this HA issue as a major blunder by the devs, but it's probably not a fatal one.

DeletedUser4879

HA on/off is like day/night!! On the beta server my computer is like the old days 1990's with HA on (wait forever for something to happen),
On the life server it goes like the firebrigade with the HA off!! Same Computer!! All I can say to Inno defs is, put it in the Rubbish bin
if you can't handle it! Or if you want to fiddle, join an orchestra!!! No pun intended....

DeletedUser99588

On the life server it goes like the firebrigade with the HA off!! Same Computer!! All I can say to Inno defs is, put it in the Rubbish bin

My guess is they need to utilise H/A to make the game run smoother for future additions to the game. Some have reported that it is speeds things up and others have experienced the opposite. For me it is hit and miss with some things working better with it on and other things grinding to a halt. I'm sure if they could sort out the reason behind the game crashing after visiting many cities or lots of fights in GvG we would be happy. The H/A seems to be one of those solutions that try's to cover up the problem by sharing the load rather than curing the memory leak or whatever it is that is behind flash crashing in the first place. Maybe it isn't solvable and is a problem with flash itself. Either way I think they need to get H/A working for the long term benefit but in its current state an off button needs to remain.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Most of this debate about HA is irrelevant. This game should make very low demands on the processor/graphics chips - just a few animated sprites, not thousands of 3D polygons - we're not talking Halo or GTA here!!

The HA debate is hiding the fact that Flash is a very poor platform for anything more demanding than Tetris.

On top of that there are clearly programming issues which have failed to be addressed. The fact that the game slows after a period of play indicates that something is seriously wrong with the programming. Memory leaks? Clogged cache? THIS is what needs to be looked at.

As an IT lecturer, I see my students do this all the time - throw code at a problem without tackling the underlying issue, and hoping it will get better.

It never does.

DeletedUser100341

I'm beginning to think the HA on/off switch is a placebo. It seems with it on or off my system keeps slowing down as the day goes along.

DeletedUser

I'm beginning to think the HA on/off switch is a placebo. It seems with it on or off my system keeps slowing down as the day goes along.

It's been that way since long before HA ever existed mate. ;-) With or without HA, so long as the game stays flashed based, it will always begin to slow after playing for an extended period without refreshing.