• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion to 1.30 update

DeletedUser

Lol, you genuinely think this is still beta?

Yes. If you played on another server (besides zz) you would understand why.

(hint: ever notice how the game is patched every week here? it only gets patched twice a month on other servers)

DeletedUser

Thank you for listening to your customers and leaving the option to disable hardware acceleration intact.

DeletedUser13082

Yes. If you played on another server (besides zz) you would understand why.

(hint: ever notice how the game is patched every week here? it only gets patched twice a month on other servers)

Makes no difference. It still doesn't make this beta. Beta is the beta server, EN is a live server the same as all other live servers.

DeletedUser99588

*UPDATE*

Good news : HA will be force enabled however the turn off button will remain

Well update has arrived and the option to turn H/A off has disappeared. So much for the good news :(

Update

My main work computer which does have a reasonable graphics card is loading cities faster though so will have to check my laptop later to see if that has any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

Well update has arrived and the option to turn H/A off has disappeared. So much for the good news

i still have the option - it was turned off, so i have just turned it on to see what may/may not happen (still labelled 'beta' version of HA as before)

DeletedUser99588

i still have the option - it was turned off, so i have just turned it on to see what may/may not happen (still labelled 'beta' version of HA as before)

Yes I can confirm it is now available. Maybe the update was done in two stages and I must have logged in after the first and it wasn't available at that time.

DeletedUser102246

HA *disaster*

The dreaded update has already run on the E server. I just *tried* to do some basic collections and it was a complete mess. With HA enabled and no way to turn it off (button disabled) it was like playing "Whack-a-Mole". Rows of screen echoes for every coin or FP change. Every click on a dialogue box (what type of supplies do you want to make?) acted as a double click, selecting whatever building happened to be underneath on the city screen. As anticipated, the game has become unplayable on my machine. Got to hand it to the Devs -- they certainly are CONSISTENT!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

again what a great update ..some how they managed to steal 90k medals off me..very impressive inno

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Well actually, if there was no mal intent in their actions and they don't wish to permanently deprive you of them it's not stealing. A lesser crime of Taking Without Owner's Consent may well be applicable in this case though :)

DeletedUser8813

over here there is no such crime ..you take without consent even if you intended to give back it is still stealing..

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Huge disappointment with hardware acceleration "upgrade", but I guess I'm not surprised.

As far as I can see nothing has changed - loads of clickthroughs to the layer below, lots of lagging, reloading every few minutes to try to keep the game speed up to a tolerable level.

As has been said many times; hardware acceleration won't fix poor programming. Flash was a terrible choice of platform, and will just keep getting worse until the memory leaks etc are fixed.

:(

DeletedUser100341

Just did a collection with 1.30 and HA on (Houndsmoor). Its a little sluggish compared to HA off but none of this click through I hear about. I'll leave the game on and see. If there is a memory leak it should get worse as the day goes on.

1.30.24735 (09.07.2014 10:07), TheWizEd (1523230), en8, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7, Chrome/35.0.1916.153, 1920x993, OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser8813

Well actually no.. there must be intent to permanently deprive the owner or possessor.

Taken from the police.wa.gov.au website (which can be found Here):

'Theft
The unlawful taking or obtaining of money, goods or services, without the use of force, threat of force or violence, coercion or deception, with the intent to permanently deprive the owner or possessor of the use of the money or goods. This category of offence includes the theft of vehicle parts or the contents of a vehicle.'

But I'm sure Inno will give your medals back :)

mr beef i was only jesting in this case..just a little dig of sorts

DeletedUser8813

Send in a support ticket if you have an issue.

already had tracey,,and i am told it is a display issue..although i am certain that i could see the exact figure before the update ..why else would i have noticed a difference up there

medal counter.PNG

you can see in the others there is another number at the end of the ones displayed..but on the medals there is space for part of the number but nothing.

but as long as they are there when i need them..thats all that matters

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Don't worry mate all is not lost. You can verify by looking at the medals ranking table. This will show your total number of medals acquired. Total up how many medals you've spent on victory expansions and subtract that from the total number of medals and you ought to arrive at the right amount.

I have the same display issue (had it since coins and supplies amounts went into six figures). The last digit is not displayed.

medals.JPG

DeletedUser1253

There is nothing in the expansion tab. What good are medals if they can't be spent. This is the 2nd update in a row for no expansion for advanced players. You add 22 squares to the city and then provide no way for expansion. There has always been purchases with medals available until now. WHY???

DeletedUser

There is nothing in the expansion tab. What good are medals if they can't be spent. This is the 2nd update in a row for no expansion for advanced players. You add 22 squares to the city and then provide no way for expansion. There has always been purchases with medals available until now. WHY???

Have you already acquired the 30,000 medal expansion? New victory expansions are released with new ages, not during updates inbetween. The new expansion tiles added to the map in a recent update are intended to give us the opportunity to expand further in future age updates, not all at once.

DeletedUser96867

My understanding is that there are 2 medal expansions allowed with each age, along with 2 diamond expansions with each age. Combine that with several expansions from research and the continent map for each age, and it's clear those added expansion squares add up to about 2 more ages worth of city space.