• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Progressive Era balancing changes

DeletedUser6603

Is there a thread/page which details the changes that will be made in the tech tree?

DeletedUser16927

Missed the announcement and the server just crashed on me when I was going to check something, and what I don't get is why I have cars in a HMA town.

DeletedUser3157

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

I'm in the middle of putting my inventory forge points into antibiotics when last update happened and changed the antibiotics unlocking goods massevly screwing me over. Esp since I had just BORROWED 20 missing gas from a guildmate of mine what I was short of unlocking ranches because I have a quest where unlocking antibiotics returns me reward of 20 gas(comes little after ranches). So not only it screwed me over entire half a day of planning and traveling around guilds trading goods and stuff to get there, I'm also screwing over a guildmate who needs that gas for his own research right away and expected to get it back asap, but now has to wait what could be days.

edit: illustrative screenshots
ffs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure feels like we are in Beta2 to me. PE launched one day and already we have updates and bug fixes. I thought all the testing got done on ZZ server? Why the rush to get every thing done in one hit are the devs going on holiday?

DeletedUser6539

To Discuss? What to discuss? You have already make the changes, all diamonds players that have finish thеir tech tree have now get a BIG bonus from you. Thank you very much.

DeletedUser1983

I have to agree with TR, this was totally abrupt and unfair, expected better from Innogames. And to rub it in, a thread has been started. tsk tsk tsk..

DeletedUser5904

Yeah, the Beta/Test server should still exist for a reason. You guys took 3 months longer than you should have to release the Progressive Era. One would "THINK" with all that extra time taken you would've figured "THIS" out before releasing it to the live servers. Now people like me, who have traded away goods at a loss to get what they would need, have to start all over again.

Great Job Innogames!!! You are proving time and again to be the "New Coke" or "Ford Pinto" on online gaming!

DeletedUser

I've recalculated the goods needed for PA tech and i'm shocked, here they are (feel free to correct me if i made a mistake): Gold:+135000, Supplies:+400000, Bassalt:-70, Tar:+100, Brass:+80, Gunpowder:-90, Porcelan:+100, Rubber:+100, Explosives:+180, Machine Parts: +140, Gasoline:+130, Tinplate:+200, Silk:-130, Asbestos:+150

DeletedUser

Yes, Coins, sorry if it is confusing.
Anyway + 135000 Coins is the least problematic.

DeletedUser5904

Coin & Resources are not the problem, nor would it have been a problem had the goods requirements been that way @ time of release. This is, in my opinion, a gross overreaction by Innogames in response to the handful of people who finished the tech tree so soon after release using diamonds, stored forge point packages, and the 100 million plus coins/resources laying about. The problem is, it doesn't affect that part of the player base, as they would have had enough of the above to complete the tech tree regardless. It just sets the rest of the player base that much further behind. I traded 1:1 down an age or two for much of the goods so I would have them on hand when the time came. Now I have many goods which I traded for, at a loss to me mind you, that I now have absolutely no use for...nor any chance of recouping my losses. When you also take into account many of those trades I took were out of guild and as such cost me Forge Points it just rubs more salt in the wound.

This is another prime example of Innogames and their P.P.P. department.

Sorry for the late edit, but if they are going to release content on the live servers before they worked the kinks/balance issues out in development and the ZZ server, then they should reward us the same way they reward the ZZ server for "testing" new content. With each new update that goes live on the ZZ server, they reward every player on the server with 500 diamonds. It would go a long way towards lessening the blow when they have to "balance" content like they did here or the total FUBAR way they went about the neighborhood merger "fix".

DeletedUser

After numerous new age introductions this part of game balancing really should be clear by now. Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but the basic principles do not change from age to age. Would it be possible to figure such issues out before release next time? And no, mindless collection of ressources does not equal "challenging" and never will.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the changes should have been made before hitting the actual servers. Either that or you give people enough warning before implementing the changes. This sneaky patch was uncalled for, and wrongly implemented. It's down to the communication, I feel.

DeletedUser6603

Is there a thread/page which details the changes that will be made in the tech tree?

There a few of us on this thread still waiting for the above quoted question to be answered.

Your time and attention are appreciated.

DeletedUser5904

There a few of us on this thread still waiting for the above quoted question to be answered.

No FOE official release of what the changes were, but a post on the previous page by a fellow player details some if not all

I've recalculated the goods needed for PA tech and i'm shocked, here they are (feel free to correct me if i made a mistake): Gold:+135000, Supplies:+400000, Bassalt:-70, Tar:+100, Brass:+80, Gunpowder:-90, Porcelan:+100, Rubber:+100, Explosives:+180, Machine Parts: +140, Gasoline:+130, Tinplate:+200, Silk:-130, Asbestos:+150

From the screwed up way Neighborhood merges work, then this "balancing act" with the recalculation after the fact, not having the second great building ready @ release plus how the 2x2 roads (don't) work I would have to say this is the most unimpressive era released to date in terms of having kinks/bugs worked out etc. I think I will make an Idea thread to rename this era from the "Progressive Era" to the "Regressive Era"...meh

DeletedUser3157

There were some goods and cost changes in regards to unlocking with below-PE goods as well, but biggest and most notible change by far was the big addition of PE goods needed to unlock later PE researches. When it used to take about 100-200 of each PE goods to complete total PE research tree, then after the changes it takes 300-350 of each. Some of the bigger additions I can recall atm are extra 180 explosion to unlock snipers, 140 machine parts to unlock public transport, 90 tin to unlock recreation, 110 tin to unlock highrises and 130 gasoline+150 asbestos to unlock parks.

DeletedUser6603

No FOE official release of what the changes were, but a post on the previous page by a fellow player details some if not all

From the screwed up way Neighborhood merges work, then this "balancing act" with the recalculation after the fact, not having the second great building ready @ release plus how the 2x2 roads (don't) work I would have to say this is the most unimpressive era released to date in terms of having kinks/bugs worked out etc. I think I will make an Idea thread to rename this era from the "Progressive Era" to the "Regressive Era"...meh

Appreciate your input, however I believe the FoE community deserves an official response/explanation

DeletedUser6603

There were some goods and cost changes in regards to unlocking with below-PE goods as well, but biggest and most notible change by far was the big addition of PE goods needed to unlock later PE researches. When it used to take about 100-200 of each PE goods to complete total PE research tree, then after the changes it takes 300-350 of each. Some of the bigger additions I can recall atm are extra 180 explosion to unlock snipers, 140 machine parts to unlock public transport, 90 tin to unlock recreation, 110 tin to unlock highrises and 130 gasoline+150 asbestos to unlock parks.

Appreciate your input Hint, however I believe the FoE community deserves an official response/explanation