• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Forgestats

DeletedUser

That won't be happening anytime soon, unfortunately. The game does not provide an official way to extract data from the game automatically, I have tried a few things to make it work but so far I have not managed to do so.

DeletedUser6065

Regarding Special Buildings - The city builder seems to allow only 1 era of a building to be built.
I can build 3 Colonial SoKs, or I can build 3 LMA SoKs. I cannot build 2 Colonial & 1 LMA SoK.
I can build 3 LMA Statue of Welcome, or I can build 3 Bronze Statue of Welcome. I cannot build 2 LMA & 1 Bronze Well of Welcome.
I can build 4 Progressive Reideer Paddocks, or I can build 4 LMA Reindeer Paddocks. I cannot build 3 LMA & 1 Progressive Reindeer Paddock.

This will effect population used, happiness generated, goods generated which can be important in city layouts. Also city points, but with the Great Building problem, that's pretty immaterial.

. . . mk

DeletedUser106685

I agree. The power of this tool is its ability to tell you exactly how much happiness/population you will have left.
Not allowing for higher GB levels than level 10, as well as not being able to place event buildings from different ages still makes it kind of a head ache to plan your city layout optimally.
I like to see this added soon.

But higher GB levels are most important though. I'd say you don't have to change the whole interface just to accommodate the handful of players that have their Alcatraz up to level 60, but if every GB could go up to level 15 or even 25, then you will make 99% of your users very happy :)

DeletedUser7719

Letting us have custom buildings would be all we need in these previous two cases.

DeletedUser98404

I have found this tool brilliant in the past and a great space finder as my cities have become more complex. BUT, after the crash,having rebuilt one, I saved the successive links in a document as I've gone along as usual, and this was fine for a short while. However none of the new links now no longer load. Do we have any idea what is happening. I will be very sorry if this no longer works - it is such a useful tool.

DeletedUser7719

I have found this tool brilliant in the past and a great space finder as my cities have become more complex. BUT, after the crash,having rebuilt one, I saved the successive links in a document as I've gone along as usual, and this was fine for a short while. However none of the new links now no longer load. Do we have any idea what is happening. I will be very sorry if this no longer works - it is such a useful tool.
If you created/saved a city before November 15th please read:
The issues are fixed, unfortunately the damage was worse than I initially thought and the database could not be restored. We did have a backup, but it was not a remote one, which means it crashed together with the rest of the server.
I have set up a script that emails me a weekly backup of the database. In addition, a future update to the save system will provide an option to export and import the data yourself, so you can save that in a text file somewhere.

I apologise that this happened, but let's hope that the added prevention measures will mean that this will not happen again.

DeletedUser98404

Thanks. I saw that, but obviously didn't read it properly. :o I did set up the one of cities again once the site was back up, but on the 20th Oct. I keep the links in a spreadsheet so I can save it every so often whilst working on it. First column is date+time, second column, the link. Thus I can choose any link to go back to an earlier version if necessary - for example:

23/09/2015 20:46 http://www.forgestats.net/en/map/61e1a82f25913f62b86edafd1c47b9de

I didn't want to go to the trouble of re-doing it, only to lose it again, but since 15th Nov is the critical date, I will try again.

Thanks again for your info. I will look out for the text save option when it arrives. ;)

DeletedUser113882

surprised nobody has posted that this site no longer exists, and seems to have not existed for some time? just goes to a domain parking page now

DeletedUser97166

I do miss the building count there was on forgestats though, made removing things to do other peoples city plans so much easier.