• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Difficulty of Event is far too much in Bronze Age.

DeletedUser

That would have sucked so bad to not have won some of the nice things I won back when I started my main world all that time a go. I kept all my Bronze Age stuff for months after. I really liked it a lot. I left it bronze age too. Some I stored back into inventory, some I sadly deleted about the time I built my Traz.

I sympathize with this challenge and frankly I admire you brought it that far in bronze.
I’d take pride in that one!
Obviously there are somtimes limitations to do quest from out the bronze age which is given.
Probably it should remain possible to do events in Bronze Age but the disappointment now isn’t that nice too right?

DeletedUser110620

I sympathize with this challenge and frankly I admire you brought it that far in bronze.
I’d take pride in that one!
Obviously there are somtimes limitations to do quest from out the bronze age which is given.
Probably it should remain possible to do events in Bronze Age but the disappointment now isn’t that nice too right?

Well actually I completed one of them now.

I'll get some goods together soon and be able to pay them out in a couple of days, Or I may build a Zeus and get battling. :)

Already done 29 quests, the 30th quest will be done in 1 hour. :)

DeletedUser

Well actually I completed one of them now.

I'll get some goods together soon and be able to pay them out in a couple of days, Or I may build a Zeus and get battling. :)

Already done 29 quests, the 30th quest will be done in 1 hour. :)

That’s so cool really :)

DeletedUser111359

If you choose to linger in BA because you "like the fresh challenge" then don't complain when it gets too challenging.

And if you're not idling in BA by choice (and it seems a really stupid choice) then spend a day, get to IA, and carry on with the quests already.

En15 Opened for settlement after the Carnival Event was already underway this spring. I managed to finish the entire event with about 30min to spare, and have a Grand Bridge L4 for my efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110620

If you choose to linger in BA because you "like the fresh challenge" then don't complain when it gets too challenging.

And if you're not idling in BA by choice (and it seems a really stupid choice) then spend a day, get to IA, and carry on with the quests already.

En15 Opened for settlement after the Carnival Event was already underway this spring. I managed to finish the entire event with about 30min to spare, and have a Grand Bridge L4 for my efforts.

It might have something to do with exactly what the quest is asking of the BA player. 10 fights or 70 goods to the treasury. Think hard about if that is reassemble. As trying to solve it with strait forward progression on the Tech Tree presents its own problems in obtaining the 70 goods or getting around to doing 10 battles.... The question at no point is about if the completion of the quest line is possible or not.

Agent327

Overlord
It might have something to do with exactly what the quest is asking of the BA player. 10 fights or 70 goods to the treasury. Think hard about if that is reassemble. As trying to solve it with strait forward progression on the Tech Tree presents its own problems in obtaining the 70 goods or getting around to doing 10 battles.... The question at no point is about if the completion of the quest line is possible or not.

The quest does not ask that from the BA player. It is asking it from every player and it is possible for every player, unless they camp in BA and are willing to play a limited game. This is part of that limited game.

DeletedUser

To a certain degree I think Inno wants us to progress in the tech.
Sometimes hard to work around it :)

DeletedUser110620

To a certain degree I think Inno wants us to progress in the tech.
Sometimes hard to work around it :)

Many times the quests for players of one age do differ from players in another age, as is appropriate.

The point here isn't if it's sparking progression or not, but exactly if it is an appropriate quest?

Imagine if you got a quest intended for a VF player, while you're still in Modern. Asking for coins, supplies, gain in happiness or gain in population.... This is what an inappropriate quest would look like.

Based on the premises that the research for attacking other players, which is a common way of fulfilling this quest is some 20 research items away! And that guild treasuries don't accept Bronze age goods....

OH AND DID I MENTION FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THESE QUESTS CAME TO ME ON THE SECOND DAY OF BEING IN BA??????? Now be quiet about "camping" you blind petty people. :lol:

DeletedUser111359

Many times the quests for players of one age do differ from players in another age, as is appropriate.

The point here isn't if it's sparking progression or not, but exactly if it is an appropriate quest?

Imagine if you got a quest intended for a VF player, while you're still in Modern. Asking for coins, supplies, gain in happiness or gain in population.... This is what an inappropriate quest would look like.

Based on the premises that the research for attacking other players, which is a common way of fulfilling this quest is some 20 research items away! And that guild treasuries don't accept Bronze age goods....

OH AND DID I MENTION FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THESE QUESTS CAME TO ME ON THE SECOND DAY OF BEING IN BA??????? Now be quiet about "camping" you blind petty people. :lol:

The only thing that changes about the quests based on your era, is the quantities involved. That's it. Everything else stays the same.

DeletedUser

Agreed that seems odd indeed.
If you’ve, for example completed lvl 1 GE already and a quest to that pops up it should auto-complete.
In this case it seems not well organized for people in BA wether they’ve just arrived in the game or not that is not even relevent.
Although if real newcomers face such it might confuse or discourage them.

DeletedUser111359

BA shouldn't be an impediment to the event, unless you choose to make it one. As I said, I finished all of the Carnival event, even tho it started before En15 even opened as a world.

DeletedUser110620

BA shouldn't be an impediment to the event, unless you choose to make it one. As I said, I finished all of the Carnival event, even tho it started before En15 even opened as a world.

There is no "impediment" - please stop reading into things that are not there.

In actual fact I am close to seeing the main nuisance one passed, as of a few hours a go its 9/10.

The problems are

1 ) Unlike other eras, there is no way to attack other players. To be able to attack other players provides roughly 75 battles every 24 hours to pick and choose from. In BA, it's just the continent map. Unfortunately those battles become steep and approach impassable very quickly.

2) Can you name one other quest which asks "Donate 70 goods of AN AGE ABOVE YOU to the guild treasury?" <- Is this fair for any age? This seems to be necessary paraphrasing for you?

I really care about that time you did an event in a new world and got a bridge for it. I'll make sure that Inno Games introduces a new achievement in the game that recognises this and calls it The SirFrancis. Then everyone will know how great you are.

Now I have another one too, "Win 5 battles or donate 150 goods to the guild treasury." quest is titled "Spice it Up" it is the 32nd quest for me in the quest line.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114342

I play in IA and have not unlocked PvP and I too found the quests that you are talking about difficult and challenging enough to complete in IA let alone in BA even though I have access to GE. So I applaud you for completing all those fighting quests :)
It seems that I manage to finish one fighting quest which does take days as you mentioned before to complete, when another pops up. I'm just glad that the event has a dual quest line so sometimes I get the fighting quests at the same time, so only need to do one battle to help fulfill both quests.

There is no "impediment" - please stop reading into things that are not there.

2) Can you name one other quest which asks "Donate 70 goods of AN AGE ABOVE YOU to the guild treasury?" <- Is this fair for any age? This seems to be necessary paraphrasing for you?

Seems very unreasonable to me and I think that you are correct that Innogames should of thought this through a little more carefully.

Agent327

Overlord

Quests are always the same for every age. Only the amount of something can differ, but that usually is not the case with units or fights.

You could also ask yourself if it is appropriate to camp in BA, when for many of the game functions you need to move on.

No it wouldn't cause there is no such thing as VF coins, supplies, happiness or population.

You can get there within a day.

YES YOU DID AND I AM SURE THERE WILL BE A FIFTH TIME AS WELL!

DeletedUser111359

Firestorm, the ONLY reason you're having a problem completing quests, is because you're choosing to stay in BA. That's literally the only reason. Getting out of BA makes ALL of your problems go away.

DeletedUser

Oke all fair and all and I feel that camping in BA isn’t a wise decision but probably fun to try.
That said I figure this is not what this is about.

I believe if I understand it correctly that Firestom brings this up as a mall function for those who are really entering the game for the first time and can participate in the event.. and... oh wait... WUT... what do I have to do?... they simply can’t understand the quest in such case.

Event discouragement to start with seems not such clever choice.
So in that respect interesting to know how a newcomer can see this and certainly something to avoid.
Nothing as strong as a first impression.

Events are an important venue and people in all ages should feel encouraged to part take and this I say purely from a business point of view.

DeletedUser111359

Chalima, the events aren't that hard, as long as you're not artificially choosing to stay in BA "for the challenge".

When you choose to stay in BA, you are choosing to limit what aspects of the game are open to you. One of the aspects that you are limiting as a result of this choice, is the events.

Getting out of BA and into IA where the events open up and become pretty easy to do takes less than 2 days, as I recall. So even for a beginner, it's just not going to be that hard.

DeletedUser

Getting out of BA and into IA where the events open up and become pretty easy to do takes less than 2 days, as I recall. So even for a beginner, it's just not going to be that hard.

Fair enough.
I remember how very long 2 days were when I entered the game ;)

DeletedUser99588

In an ideal world you would be able to complete all quests whichever age you are in or however long you have been in a particular age. As we have seen from many threads with complaints about different aspects of the game that don't suit them it isn't an ideal world. I have a bronze age city I started on Saturday on a whim with the intention to camp for a while and to take my time. That is my choice and the consequences of that choice is I'll quite likely not complete all of the quests. The event isn't stopping me from completing them I am.

New players to the game in my experience progress as fast as they can and if anything they are frustrated by how slow things are having to wait for fp's, coin and supplies. Which means it is unlikely they would be in bronze age for long.

So to sum up; it would be nice if the developers catered for the minority BA 'campers' but I'm not sure it really warrants the extra effort just to benefit relatively few. Even if that few includes myself.