• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Delete City" needs to happen faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal:
When you add a world by accident, getting to delete the city takes way too long. I want to propose figuring out removing unwanted world cities faster without having to play half the introduction up to selling the longhouse first. 14 days to remove a world is unnecessary when you're certain it has to be removed.

I haven't seen this issue posted by anyone else, unless I missed any. Please let me know if there is I'll happily add my vote.

Reason:
Any time my internet is slow I risk the chance of hitting an extra world suggestion on log in. I've added 3 new worlds in the past 30 days and I'm getting tired of all the new world buttons I have to wait for 14 more days to be removed.

Details:
Either add a button to speed up the removal ("yes I'm sure I'm absolutely sure I want this world deleted") or simply decrease the 14 days to maybe 7 or 3 days (personally I'd say immediately please - especially for a brand new accidental world)

Balance:
No possible exploits that I can think of. You'd have to actually play a lot more in the world to get any benefits that would help your other worlds (e.g. diamonds)

Summary:
Please remove my extra unnecessary worlds faster than messing with the tutorial and then waiting 14 days (half a month!)

romeo-rainy

Corporal
When I create a new world, I just type in en0.forgeofempires.com and then select the world I am on. If you want to delete it, complete half of the intro you can open town hall -> profile -> account -> delete world.

Unfortunately this is so old (2016) and support has somehow gone further backwards as they don't remove the world for you even when you request it from them directly. For some reason you have to meditate on the mistakes you made in your life for 14 days per world you accidentally began. I waited 14 days for my D world to end. Just three days later I clicked the D world button by accident again. FML.

Knight of ICE

Unfortunately this is so old (2016) and support has somehow gone further backwards as they don't remove the world for you even when you request it from them directly. For some reason you have to meditate on the mistakes you made in your life for 14 days per world you accidentally began. I waited 14 days for my D world to end. Just three days later I clicked the D world button by accident again. FML.

You do have an own resposibility. You can not expect Support to do it over and over again. Same with a deleted building. They will restore it for you, but not again if you delete it again within 3 days.

I think 3 days should be the delete time of any world first or later when the tutorial is not completed. When I scroll through the leaderboard, there are hundreds of random players that created a world on accident and did not delete world yet on it.
Yessssssss! This is a much more reasonable duration.

You do have an own resposibility. You can not expect Support to do it over and over again. Same with a deleted building. They will restore it for you, but not again if you delete it again within 3 days.
Over and again is understandable but they didn't even do it once. Are they allowed to? Because it doesn't look like they have since 2016. Mistakes happen but any time I've complained about anything in this game recently it's always the same - "we can't do anything it's all on you".

I often hit the wrong buttons in the game when the internet is slow - or maybe just because I'm clumsy. Can we get an instant "undo" option on all buttons in the game?
Having an education in Graphic Design and some UX UI myself.. a lot of the times when users say "oh I must be clumsy, I have fat fingers.." is when it's actually a lot of the designers fault.. but they won't admit it at least not right away.

Emberguard

Legend
I think for worlds that are still in the tutorial it'd make sense to have a immediate delete button (even if that too has a popup confirmation prompt). Because if you're still in the actual tutorial then you haven't lost anything.

That could be expanded to any world that hasn't done research beyond the tutorial. Possibly even just put a 48-hr timespan for the player to instant delete a city after creation.

The 14 day deletion is there because players change their minds all the time. But for brand new cities there's nothing actually lost if it's deleted, so for those it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a instant-delete option

I think for worlds that are still in the tutorial it'd make sense to have a immediate delete button (even if that too has a popup confirmation prompt). Because if you're still in the actual tutorial then you haven't lost anything.

That could be expanded to any world that hasn't done research beyond the tutorial. Possibly even just put a 48-hr timespan for the player to instant delete a city after creation.

The 14 day deletion is there because players change their minds all the time. But for brand new cities there's nothing actually lost if it's deleted, so for those it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a instant-delete option
This... would be perfect. And it wouldn't bother anyone, neither Inno nor players.

k0k0-gada

Private
having the option to delete a city without waiting that hasn't completed the tutorial is EXTREMELY GOOD idea. I was thinking that this should apply to cities with less then 1000 points but not finished tutorial is better.
every few months i click on a new city by accident and have to wait for 2 weeks in order for it to delete and when logging in during this period i go to wrong worlds because i have different set up of world and have to wait for the game to load unncessarily.
this will benefit inno servers i wold say since there would be less accident loadings.it would be a small advantage but still something is better then nothing. I would vote YES if there was a poll.
I understand that the support shouldn't have to delete cities for you if you have the option to do it yourself so we shouldn't blame them

tjhguztjftr

Private
Could you add a poll? and maybe rework it as one idea. currently I get the vibes of you suggesting two things (or even three), which I both agree on.

Here's one thing I think you are suggesting:

Proposal:
Shorten removal time for worlds that have not completed the tutorial yet to 24h.

I haven't seen this issue posted by anyone else.

Reason:
When you add a world by accident, getting to delete the city takes way too long. Any time my internet is slow I risk the chance of hitting an extra world suggestion on log in. I'm getting tired of all the new world buttons. 14 days to remove a world is unnecessary when no time was spent playing on it.

Details:
Simply decrease the 14 days to 1 day in cases were the tutorial was not yet completed.

Balance:
No possible exploits.

BobHockey

Private
Brand new to the forums, so excuse me if this doesn't belong here.

Why are we waiting to delete accidental worlds? Why not work on preventing the creation of them by accident.
I play on PC so I don't know what this looks like on mobile, but for me I accidently create new cities because when I hit the log out button in the top right, the window for switch world/ log out pops up. When I hit "switch world" the "available worlds" portion of the world selection is directly under the cursor.

Proposal:
Move the "available worlds" portion of the world selection literally anywhere else and/or have an "are you sure?" button when creating a city in a new world.

Reason:
Prevention of accidental city creation.

Details:
Maybe move the "Active worlds" selection under where the cursor is going to be? I'd much rather click on a world I'm already in than accidently start a new city. This would also make changing cities slightly more efficient. Also, a pop-up that ensures the creation of the new city isn't an accidental click.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any possible exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.