• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Quest rewards

DeletedUser112734

Hi folks!

I really enjoy daily quests. However, I must be one of the unluckiest players in dailies:
So far, I won all daily quest chests with setpieces in it.

However, thats what I won so far:

1 Eastern Palace Tower
1 Sakura Rock and
4! Nishikigoi ponds.

I can only guess that I won around 12 chests of both sets.

Of course, I like winning forgepoints, but what makes these chests exciting for me are the setpieces.
Thats why I want to discuss with you, if a 2:1-Exchange-Button for setpieces would be a good thing to have. And I also want to know what you think about forgepoints as chest rewards in setpiece-chests.

Of course I know, its all luck-based...but my opinion is, that those setpieces should be a bit more accessible if you try to get them every week. I also dont really like that 5% chance for the centerpiece...Please share your opinions (especially on trading setpieces 2:1) with me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
Thats why I want to discuss with you, if a 2:1-Exchange-Button for setpieces would be a good thing to have. And I also want to know what you think about forgepoints as chest rewards in setpiece-chests.
Up until a week ago I'd agree with Richard above! I select the Set piece chests over certain others because of the high chance of just getting FPs. However, with the Spring 2018 event looming and Level 2 Cherry Garden set pieces on the horizon then getting additional set pieces has just become that little more attractive.

DeletedUser112734

@Richard of shaw: Of course I also choose them over other chests because of fps but with a full set I would have more fps over the course of a week ;)
@LadyHecate: You are absolutely right about the spring event. I would be sad not having a full set to upgrade by then, must be a very good set on lvl 2!

I guess I like the setpieces more because I started playing this game at the end of the last summer event, which means I didnt have a chance to get these awesome setpieces last year. And by now I produce a lot of FPs each day so I dont really need 10 extra one or two days a week.
I enjoy having full sets of buildings. I'm dreaming of the barock garden set making a big perfectly fitting park.....maybe Inno will hear me xD

My point is that collecting double pieces isnt fun....I know there are players out there with highefficient areas of Maharadschas and cherry garden set via diamonds (nothing wrong about that)...but I think everyone should have a better chance than now to get at least one full set this year ;) (especially with lvl 2 coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
My point is that collecting double pieces isnt fun....I know there are players out there with highefficient areas of Maharadschas and cherry garden set via diamonds (nothing wrong about that)...but I think everyone should have a better chance than now to get at least one full set this year ;) (especially with lvl 2 coming soon)
Getting full sets during the original events wasn't too difficult! In last year's Spring event you were rewarded two of the five pieces in the quest line with a third piece readily available as a Grand Prize. This meant you were only hunting two pieces in the reward chests.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Some players may need a few more Cherry Garden Upgrades than others:
index.php

DeletedUser112734

Some players may need a few more Cherry Garden Upgrades than others:
index.php
oO

Thats just crazy.....but beautiful....

@topic: What do you think of the idea to trade 2 doubles for another setpiece (excluding the ones you gave)? Like Bps.

I just love my Cherry Garden. Like a 5×5 set of awesomeness. I hope level 2 is awesomer.
I want to have one too xD Best set except Maharadsha out there imo! And it looks perfect!
Anyway....I hope they give it out again this year. And lvl 2. If its not possible to get both lvls, I will be sad :(

DeletedUser112734

I just removed my Cherry Garden to replace it with the Christmas stuff!

Space issues?

That cherry garden set is more efficient with less buildings...I didnt do the maths here, but its a lot easier to build... I myself own a 6x7 winter village and Im fine with it, but I heard from many players that they deleted theirs due to it not being complete...which is a shame because those pieces were hard to get!

Please back to topic guys ;)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'd rather keep my set buildings to a bare minimum (I have 1 Cherry Garden set from last year's event), and instead just focus on making my city plunder-proof.
Granted, I still can't wait to see what the Lv2 set will give, and (fingers crossed!), I can also 'upgrade' my Pagoda House to a shiny new 2-story version...

But sets are very vulnerable things, and plunderers (like me!) just love them to death. :hide:
Instead, I'm moving my city towards abusing CF + the other recent amazing event buildings like Black Tower & Lv7 PoH's, plus the 'ol staples of SoK's + Tribal Squares.
And then set my city defense back to the 2 default spearmen, just to screw with my neighbours by also denying them any meaningful PvP pts!:P:P:P

Vesiger

Monarch
Space issues?

That cherry garden set is more efficient with less buildings...
I didn't do the maths either, but they were buildings from the previous era, so I reckoned it had to be better to build the new free stuff rather than spend renovation kits on them all...

DeletedUser112734

How can it not be complete? You can built it any way you like.
I meant those with bad output compared to other sets or shrine of knowledges. Inefficient ones got deleted a lot in my neighborhood.

Anyway, thats not the topic here ;)
Nobody commented on my idea to trade setpieces 2:1 yet :(

Agent327

Overlord
I meant those with bad output compared to other sets or shrine of knowledges. Inefficient ones got deleted a lot in my neighborhood.

Inefficient ones sghould not have been placed at all.

Anyway, thats not the topic here ;)
Nobody commented on my idea to trade setpieces 2:1 yet :(

Don't like it. If you have an incomplete set you have an incomplete set. Sets should be special. Trading is way to easy.

Snarko

Private
I don't have a set yet. I want one. I disagree with trading 2:1.
It would make getting them too easy.

Much to some people's chagrin all the gambling an unsurities of this game is part of what makes it alluring. Most people lose in gambling yet people still do it and enjoy it.

In this case you don't even lose. You win. You just don't always win exactly what you wanted to win. That's what makes it gambling and what makes it more fun than actual gambling. If it becomes too easy then there's no mental/emotional reward for succeeding.

Dead-Eye

General
I think it's time to mix up the Challengers Chest. It has been the same since day one and is gettin kinda boring.

DeletedUser110797

Yep. I guess 50FPs most weeks is kinda boring.....or not!

DeletedUser111866

Yep. I guess 50FPs most weeks is kinda boring.....or not!
Comparing shop value of challenger's chest, 2*store loses big time here. Rogue hideouts are second worst, as you probably don't need more than one plus Alcatraz, anyway 8 are perceived maximum, which is pretty close in terms of time spent in game. WWs can be utilized should you desire in dozens, SoKs in hundreds, reno kits are of value if you grow, otherwise still yhey might eventually be used on some special buildings, so their limit is also higher. And you can never saturate with FPs.