• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Login Bonus Feedback

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
so what your telling me is when am finished playing for the day i need to log out so next day i can re-log in ? why ????
it should detect that your loged in next day as soon as you do an action in game
another clic bait my game is usualy always loged in this would make me do more clics to play
Sure, but at least this click is on a browser and has nothing to do with the game.
I often have to reset once a day, beause when I do my Daily collection, the 5 diamond box click will not work - but after a browser reload, it works fine. And if you are in the game all day (not very good), you should be reloading once or twice anyways, just to reset - as you might note, the counters in the game work slower than actual time, so your reload will also correctly reset your time counters as well.

The more I play with the “improvement” of the Collapsible Quest Window, the more I hate it. Maybe Inno will finally admit they made a mistake on this change and get rid of it (since it doesn’t look like they’ll get rid of or give us a setting to hide those annoying ads).

Knight of ICE

so what your telling me is when am finished playing for the day i need to log out so next day i can re-log in ? why ????
it should detect that your loged in next day as soon as you do an action in game
another clic bait my game is usualy always loged in this would make me do more clics to play

That's not what I am telling you.

suethegreat

Captain
Maybe i get a prize for not logging out since lockdown. The daily prize thing filled my screen (laptop) when it first started. Next day it did the same bar one city and i found that at the top of the 'buff' bar. I suspect as I now know they are called 'buffs' they are stacked due to room and this new daily log in icon. Inno have to have space for announcements offers more offers especially during events plus we all need the tavern boosts button.... Interestingly I thought the Castle was the daily log in reward? seems we need more. I take my hat off to anyone trying to play via mobile I tried twice when forced and ads feature with poor signal floored me. I should add midnight will certainly be Cinderella time with Castle rewards, log in reward, 1 coin reward, Antique change over and during events currency and daily quest. Wonder server doesnt explode.

Not sure why the quest tab was even changed, as it was much better the way it was on mobile. We now have to hit 2 tabs to get to the daily quests, and don't see the green check mark when the daily quest is completed while the tabs are collapsed. Also the close tab now covers up your diamond quantity in the top right corner. Maybe its to further frustrate and dissuade heavy questers, but a completely unnecessary and useless change. Perfect example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I don't like the recent changes, The collapsible quest window, is terrible to much back and forth just to do the quests and daily challenge
- the new buff bar doesn't work very well - for example when I collect from the truce tower and then aid the required amount of people in the higher position to get the higher level goods , you open the buff bar but as soon as you star to aid it disappears again so its pointless.
he idea of the daily log rewards is a great idea - or at least it would be if it actually worked for me - have logged on every day since it started and nothing showing for daily rewards

Bad changes hope they put them back the way they were

BadDecisions

Private
Can you explain why it should be fair?
Why would anyone want to play game that isn't fair? When players are here committing a lot of time and often money, I think this would be a minimum expectation from a game.

But also FoE said in their statement about his testing that "we do want to maintain fairness in the game" - Also making me believe that this would be a commitment of FoE - has this changed within a matter of days?

There are other ways this could be tested, whist still giving you the data you want without penalising players or if you do insist on doing A/B testing then ensure that something is given to those not in the chosen group to make up for this.

Knight of ICE

if you do insist on doing A/B testing then ensure that something is given to those not in the chosen group to make up for this.

So people in the chosen group can complain they need to work for it, while others get it for free?

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
So people in the chosen group can complain they need to work for it, while others get it for free?
That's not what was said! Please don't try to put words in people's mouths!

"something" does not mean "the same as what the other group gets". Even if it is the same, if it is given after the test, then the group that "had to work for it" still has an advantage due to getting the rewards early.

More importantly:
Can you explain why it should be fair?
Are you seriously asking that? Of course it should be fair! Else one group of players gets an unfair advantage! Why should people spend their time and money on this game, only to be at a disadvantage due to not being among the "chosen"?

Deleted member 127677

Surely the most pertinent question with regard to testing is, why was this testing needed on live? Is the Beta server completely obsolete?

Knight of ICE

"something" does not mean "the same as what the other group gets". Even if it is the same, if it is given after the test, then the group that "had to work for it" still has an advantage due to getting the rewards early.

So you are not in the group, so to compensate that you get 10.000 coins. That's something. Would you be happy with that?

Else one group of players gets an unfair advantage! Why should people spend their time and money on this game, only to be at a disadvantage due to not being among the "chosen"?

Players that do not pay money are at a disadvantage compared to players that pay money. Is the game less enjoyable to them because of that? Everybody had the same chance to end up in the chosen group. How is that not fair? You got a free lottery ticket, but unfortunately you did not win. I have yet to see someone that ended up in the group complain that it is unfair to those that didn't. Besides that, there is absolutely nothing in that bonus that I do not have plenty of. I do not get an advantage from any of it. Sure there will be players for who it is an advantage, but those will mostly be starting players.

Surely the most pertinent question with regard to testing is, why was this testing needed on live? Is the Beta server completely obsolete?

That is a question that has been answered several times already.

Deleted member 127677

That is a question that has been answered several times already.
Never seen anything except that they feel they need to. No idea why. Test on beta, bring a finished product to live. There have been plenty of changes and unexpected bugs in live features in the past months, surely someone should be starting to question the rush to bring stuff out without actually making use of the community that exists precisely for that purpose.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
So you are not in the group, so to compensate that you get 10.000 coins. That's something. Would you be happy with that?
Depends on game progress, obviously. In Bronze Age or Iron Age Age? Sure, I'll be happy! 10K coins is plenty in those ages! In the space ages? It's a drop in the ocean.

Players that do not pay money are at a disadvantage compared to players that pay money. Is the game less enjoyable to them because of that? Everybody had the same chance to end up in the choen group. How is that not fair? You got a free lottery ticket, but unfortunately you did not win. I have yet to see someone that ended up in the group complain that it is unfair to those that didn't. Besides that, there is absolutely nothing in that bonus that I do not have plenty of. I do not get an advantage from any of it. Sure there will be players for who it is an advantage, but those will mostly be starting players.
Imagine that you have a special lottery where only men are allowed to participate. Sure, not all of them will win, but at least they can try, if they want. Women can't even try because they are not allowed to participate at all. Is that fair? Because that is the kind of issue we have here.

And for the record, I find it rather unfair that someone with deep enough pockets can just come and do in a day what another person has done in a month of non-stop playing. That's pay to win, plain and simple. It's the main reason I have left 99% of all "free" online games I have tried. FoE and one other game are the only exceptions so far, and FoE is headed in a direction I don't like, to the point where once I finish Titan (I am currently at the end of SAAB) I will probably leave the game.

Knight of ICE

Imagine that you have a special lottery where only men are allowed to participate. Sure, not all of them will win, but at least they can try, if they want. Women can't even try because they are not allowed to participate at all. Is that fair? Because that is the kind of issue we have here.

No we don't. Everybody has a chance to become part of the test group. There are no exceptions.

And for the record, I find it rather unfair that someone with deep enough pockets can just come and do in a day what another person has done in a month of non-stop playing. That's pay to win, plain and simple. It's the main reason I have left 99% of all "free" online games I have tried. FoE and one other game are the only exceptions so far, and FoE is headed in a direction I don't like, to the point where once I finish Titan (I am currently at the end of SAAB) I will probably leave the game.

That's your choice, but if you really feel so strongly that way, why still bother with Titan? Not my intention to run you away, but if you are not happy with how the game is now, I think it is very unlikely you will be a few ages on.