• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Cultural settlements timer is off

DeletedUser720

• World: All
  • Browser and Version: All
  • Overview of the bug: I've started my settlement roughly 5 hours ago, and the timer shows me I have 15d 6h 43m to get my "gold chest". According to the balancing announcement that was made on beta, we should have 16 full days to complete the settlement for the gold prize.
  • How often this occurs: Always. This is happening on beta too.
  • Urgency: Medium
  • Preventative Actions: Turn back time?
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes

DeletedUser96901

According to the balancing announcement that was made on beta, we should have 16 full days to complete the settlement for the gold prize.
so this is your first one?

because they get shorter and 16 days is only the first

5 hours ago, and the timer shows me I have 15d 6h 43m
that is correct for the 2nd one because that is 15d 11h 12m

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser720

Right, I've seen the comment in the announcement just now. Well, that's stupid. So on my 100th settlement, I'll be required to finish it in 5 minutes, right? There goes another feature which I'm never going to use...

Thanks for the reply though. This can be closed.

Agent327

Overlord
Right, I've seen the comment in the announcement just now. Well, that's stupid. So on my 100th settlement, I'll be required to finish it in 5 minutes, right? There goes another feature which I'm never going to use...

Thanks for the reply though. This can be closed.

You can only do a settlement 15 times.

Emberguard

Legend
Not quite how it works

The 15th time is the shortest time. After that the time limit stays at whatever the 15th settlement will require and can be done an unlimited amount of times. In addition the % chance for a x4 increases each time until the 15th time where it's at it's highest.

Please keep in mind the "time limit" is only for the runestone. Nothing else. You have as much or as little time to complete the settlement as you want for the main prize and all the quest prizes within the settlement. You could take all year if you really wanted and you'd still get the main prize at the end.

DeletedUser96901

The 15th time is the shortest time. After that the time limit stays at whatever the 15th settlement will require and can be done an unlimited amount of times. In addition the % chance for a x4 increases each time until the 15th time where it's at it's highest.
actually it is the 16th with the shortest time and the last increase of the %

DeletedUser720

Not quite how it works

Please keep in mind the "time limit" is only for the runestone. Nothing else. You have as much or as little time to complete the settlement as you want for the main prize and all the quest prizes within the settlement. You could take all year if you really wanted and you'd still get the main prize at the end.

The runestone *is* the main prize. So naturally we'd all want to complete the settlement as fast as possible to get as many fragments as possible. Now especially since after 15 settlements I can't get any more fragments, this is becoming more and more useless. Btw. where was this announced?

DeletedUser96901

The runestone *is* the main prize.
the Yggdrasil (emissary) is the main prize.
and those end with settlement 15
after that you only get 50 FP as main prize

the runestones are the prizes for being fast enough
and those will be available in all settlements you do. not only in the first 15
so if you play it long enough you could get 20 complete level 5 greater runestones

from 16th on you only get 50 FP as main reward and the time limit stays at 8d 11m with a 25% chance to get the x4
so if you faster than those 8d 11m you will get the 9 fragments in settlement 16 and all later ones

the 25% x4 makes it possible to be faster than in the early settlements

Emberguard

Legend
The runestone *is* the main prize. So naturally we'd all want to complete the settlement as fast as possible to get as many fragments as possible. Now especially since after 15 settlements I can't get any more fragments, this is becoming more and more useless. Btw. where was this announced?
Announcement: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements.36770/
Runestone can be acquired any and every [viking] settlement because it's time based.

If you want to treat the runestone as the main prize you can, it's just not how the game describes it. You can find info ingame through the chest (inside settlement) or the boat (prior to starting a settlement)
upload_2019-2-1_23-38-26.png

upload_2019-2-1_23-39-23.png

upload_2019-2-1_23-41-48.png

upload_2019-2-1_23-40-6.png