• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confusion over GvG Ending

My guildmates, friends in other guilds & I have been discussing a message on the Beta threads about the official end date of GvG being January 29th. We are all wondering if that's just the end date for Beta GvG or it's for all GvG? No one can find an announcement in the regular play/nonBeta messages or Forum. Can anyone clarify this for us? Thanks so much!

Emberguard

Legend
As shadow mentioned it's just Beta

I would assume a month of testing for Quantum Incursions before it's brought to Live based on how long things usually stay in Beta, but that's purely a guess. It could come sooner or it could be stuck in testing for 6 months if there's too many problems to fix

Nidwin

Sergeant
i hope so eaven if i don't think it will be the case , QI is far from being a suitable replacement for gvg so far am realy not impressed
In some way it actually is as I simply don't see more than 5%-10% of the player base to become avid QI players. It doesn't look bad from what I could make out by reading. Unfortunately the realistic requirements to be able to be a bit successful in QI already excludes 50+% of the player base.

Shad23

Emperor
In some way it actually is as I simply don't see more than 5%-10% of the player base to become avid QI players. It doesn't look bad from what I could make out by reading. Unfortunately the realistic requirements to be able to be a bit successful in QI already excludes 50+% of the player base.
just reading ? did you read players reaction to QI on beta forum 34 pages of un-pleased comments players on beta forum are not happy with QI

Nidwin

Sergeant
just reading ? did you read players reaction to QI on beta forum 34 pages of un-pleased comments players on beta forum are not happy with QI
People are never happy when they can't roflstomp something from day 1 or week 1, especially in BETA as it's also often buggy and not properly polished. I remember the reaction, including beta about GE5 and the revamp of GE1->GE4. Let's wait and see.

Shad23

Emperor
this does not look or feel anywhere neer looking like a good gvg replacement from what i'v played + you re-start from iron age if i would have wanted to start from scratch i would have started a new world not start a iron age city that i need to re-start every 2 weeks

Nidwin

Sergeant
this does not look or feel anywhere neer looking like a good gvg replacement from what i'v played + you re-start from iron age if i would have wanted to start from scratch i would have started a new world not start a iron age city that i need to re-start every 2 weeks
It won't replace GvG for avid GvG players but I'm sure QI will have its share of aficionados, dedicated die harder QI players. As for the Iron Age part, why not and why not go further and work/move to 6 different ages for a full season and over time may be even have a RNG shuffle.

May be players will be able to use finish goods production and those finish gold productions stuff stacked in their inventories (would make sense or not). New event buildings or even new GB's may grant specific QI bonusses in the very near future, including att/def for QI.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
it's simply not for moment something players will want to do every 2 weeks
Yeah it's more or less a guild Settlement that forces you to restart all the time. Settlements were NOT a popular feature. In fact people have asked for the last year or 2 off and on if we would ever see any more and I saw moderators dismiss it as a dead feature. I'm not gonna dig for the proof, several times people asked on Beta board and got run out of town / DNSL. Now suddenly there's Polynesia and QI is more or less a group settlement project.

I did the original settlements to unlock the emissaries and the final buildings, but I never repeated them after that, and 90% of people who did them grew to absolutely HATE the settlements by the time they had done them the full 10-15 times required to unlock the final building upgrades. I haven't been back in the settlements since then because I still remember how I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
can anyone tell me what i do with my stocks of troops i have from all previous ages ? as once gvg is gone there is no more use for them ? or will they be needed for the raids thing ?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
can anyone tell me what i do with my stocks of troops i have from all previous ages ? as once gvg is gone there is no more use for them ? or will they be needed for the raids thing ?

No, They will be worthless pretty much, either ignore them or delete them. I would keep just incase of changes, The amount of things I deleted over the years that would now be useful seems to be increasing.

Apart from a couple of buildings that transfer boosts, your entire city and troops are no use in QI, it uses its own boost and troops.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
"your entire city and troops are no use in QI, it uses its own boost and troops."
yeah, joy. One more F U to the long-term player base that nothing we have done up to now will carry forward in the new feature.

And if it were being done to make it even competition playing field where everyone starts over on the new feature, sure I get that, but to start it over every 2 weeks and put a pay pass for 14.99 and 24.99 on it? No... that's just a money grab. The implication is you can never build up to beat this QI feature, you'll always need to pay if you want to "excel" and that's not cool.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I just don't understand why considering they knew they couldn't do anything with gvg to convert it to mobile probably 7 years ago now, why they didn't just spend time some point during those years rewriting gvg from scratch to make a newer one available? If they had done that they could have added a time limited pay wall line for activity in that based on amount of fights etc and players still would have played paying or not. I doubt many would have complained even if they needed to fully restart stats from scratch.

The whole "only 5% play" or whatever they stated, they created that situation by sitting on their hands and not bringing it to mobile. If the current code couldn't work there was absolutely nothing stopping them starting it again.

It's fairly obvious from how much activity there is with gbg that players want to real-time fighting and to fob players off with this QI with zero cross guild interaction apart from a leader board is a crazy solution. whatever they do with gvg and QI the two aren't remotely related in any way, not even sure why gvg needs to close to allow this garbage to be added. If would have been more relevant being included in a announcement about settlements.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
"not even sure why gvg needs to close to allow this garbage to be added."
Because people are having fun in it without paying for any subscription service, lol.

It's not about fun and games now it's how to soak the micro transactions and the newbies. They sure aren't getting anything off the older players, I still spent $$ in the game up through 2020 but the actions from 2021 onward made me swear a blood oath, never again. Coincidence, wasn't Innogames sold to MTG in 2021? And you can really tell, too.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
No, They will be worthless pretty much, either ignore them or delete them. I would keep just incase of changes, The amount of things I deleted over the years that would now be useful seems to be increasing.

Apart from a couple of buildings that transfer boosts, your entire city and troops are no use in QI, it uses its own boost and troops.
thanks for that
its like everything in this game is useless it seems these days,
my whole game as been one were i try to win all the pvp towers every week, from bronze age up to the present i used to be able to win them all most of the time, so i need troops from every era to do so and of course i need gvg to hunt for points from each era from iron upto future AA map gives me the points for other eras
so my game is well and truly over when gvg goes

Shad23

Emperor
thanks for that
its like everything in this game is useless it seems these days,
my whole game as been one were i try to win all the pvp towers every week, from bronze age up to the present i used to be able to win them all most of the time, so i need troops from every era to do so and of course i need gvg to hunt for points from each era from iron upto future AA map gives me the points for other eras
so my game is well and truly over when gvg goes
you can always use them in C map towers

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
what are c map towers ?
continent map towers aka the original pvp towers, not the pvp arena.

Actually with gvg going away they could probably get rid of pvp towers now, like they wanted to when the arena was added years ago. With no GvG there will be no way to compete any more in Future and below lower age "towers" except for the lame Hoodies who put 2 spears or other nonsense in their city defense. I can make arctic and up work on GE and GBG, maybe even FE and TE, but iron-CE will be a no-go.