• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Complaint about Plundering

• Thread starter DeletedUser98465
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

Maybe you should not attack players who have defense 4 eras higher than you.
how can (s)he know that the defense is 4 eras higher if (s)he doesn't attack :confused:
maybe there are only 2 spearfighters and free goods to collect :o

DeletedUser105022

Well eeyore, you appear to be mixing your metaphores here as plundering can not be incestuous, furthermore, as Test Ament says, neighbourhoods are governed by tech tree advancement and the level of the great buildings that a player might have in their city. You might have a the top end of a neighbourhood a player with 1 million plus points but their tech tree development might be the same as a player with a lot less points accumulated, they might have decided to invest in getting their great buildings to a certain level and slowed down on the tech tree whereas another player might decide to race through the tech tree at a mush faster rate

The game is down to individual playing styles and has the best possible mix of all items

'neighbourhoods are governed by tech tree advancement ' this is a joke.................I am currently in the midst of Industrial Age and in the last "hood" shuffle i am grouped with players in " Tomorrow" this is so patently unfair it borders on ridiculous. Putting up the best full defence i am capable of , I have absolutely no chance. Get a grip Inno!!

DeletedUser2989

'neighbourhoods are governed by tech tree advancement ' this is a joke.................I am currently in the midst of Industrial Age and in the last "hood" shuffle i am grouped with players in " Tomorrow" this is so patently unfair it borders on ridiculous. Putting up the best full defence i am capable of , I have absolutely no chance. Get a grip Inno!!

The hood merge system isn't perfect and some hoods are being formed that are not intended, from your description the hood your in is not intended. This is somewhat dependent on what world you are in, the newer worlds have more problems with "wider" hoods as there are not always better hoods for those that have raced ahead.

I'd report your new neighborhood to support (if you haven't already), I'm not sure if you'd be able to get manually moved (or if the "Tomorrow era" people will get moved) but you won't know until you try.

DeletedUser7990

Maybe you should not attack players who have defense 4 eras higher than you.

The point being I don't get to attack players because I simply can't and make it worth my while.

It's the 'hood system again. One guy gets put in a 'hood and it makes his life easy. I get put in a 'hood and I find it hard to get medals for attacking, I can only do so on the map, and to get a good run you have to wait a while, and still those who plunder you get the top spot anyway.

Fair? No way.

DeletedUser99588

The point being I don't get to attack players because I simply can't and make it worth my while.

It's the 'hood system again. One guy gets put in a 'hood and it makes his life easy. I get put in a 'hood and I find it hard to get medals for attacking, I can only do so on the map, and to get a good run you have to wait a while, and still those who plunder you get the top spot anyway.

Fair? No way.

That's the game though and no one said it would be easy. It's not exactly unfair as we all spend time at different places in a hood. Some of us get on with it and work our way up while others do whatever it is they do. I've yet to come across a hood where you couldn't concentrate on a certain aspect of the game for improvement. If you can't get medals from tournaments and that is what you desire then look at alternative ways of meeting the objective instead of wallowing in unfairness. Learn to play the game and make the most of the resources you have to hand in the neighbourhood your in.

DeletedUser105544

Fair? No way.

Than you actually did not complain about plundering. You complained about hood system.

If the hood system enabled you to be the top predator in the hood, would you complain than?

DeletedUser104843

Plundering is a nasty thing when your on the receiving end but there are so many ways around it I cant even count.

1. make friends with the plunderer. Most ppl just say yes to friend requests without checking if your in their hood.
2. arrange your city and collections for when your 100% certain you will be there to collect (work around your RL schedule)
3. Join the same guild as the plunderer
4. Offer to make a FP donation every day to avoid the plunder.
5. Plunder all smaller players from the same guild as the plunderer(if any in hood) and tell them you will stop if he does.
6. build a few unboosted goods buildings and set them to 4 hr production. Many plunderers will stop if they just keep getting 1 good.
7. This is the most extreme measure but can be the most fun. Make your city unplunderable by having only Gb's and Wishing Wells in it lol. I have done this in one world and it works great. I also just set one Spear in defence so they dont even get worthwhile PvP points lol

At the end of the day you have to remember this is a game that is constantly changing. Today your in a hood with 50 plunderers and tomorow your in a hood that you are the strongest and can plunder everyone in. Stick it out, try to ignore it for now. Eventually you will too strong to be attacked but it takes patience

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7990

Than you actually did not complain about plundering. You complained about hood system.

If the hood system enabled you to be the top predator in the hood, would you complain than?

Well, in reality I don't have much against plundering if it's fair and done properly. However plundering is related to this whole issue because this is the outcome of the issue.

Would I complain if I didn't get plundered? Probably not! In one world I'm in the tomorrow era and don't ever get plundered. So it's not a problem for me. Saying that there is NOBODY in an era above me either for this problem to exist. Do I complain about things that aren't a problem? No. So....

That's the game though and no one said it would be easy. It's not exactly unfair as we all spend time at different places in a hood. Some of us get on with it and work our way up while others do whatever it is they do. I've yet to come across a hood where you couldn't concentrate on a certain aspect of the game for improvement. If you can't get medals from tournaments and that is what you desire then look at alternative ways of meeting the objective instead of wallowing in unfairness. Learn to play the game and make the most of the resources you have to hand in the neighbourhood your in.

I don't think you're quite getting the point. I can get medals elsewhere. Then again I'm competing with people who are getting medals from BOTH sources......

It's still unfair no matter how you look at it. Why am I with someone who is eras above me when they could easily be put into a 'hood with people of the same era and have a challenge to attack and then plunder, instead lots of high ranking players get given, on a plate, players much lower than themselves for a free feast as if they were lions in a chicken farm?

DeletedUser106459

I don't think you're quite getting the point. I can get medals elsewhere. Then again I'm competing with people who are getting medals from BOTH sources......

It's still unfair no matter how you look at it. Why am I with someone who is eras above me when they could easily be put into a 'hood with people of the same era and have a challenge to attack and then plunder, instead lots of high ranking players get given, on a plate, players much lower than themselves for a free feast as if they were lions in a chicken farm?

I am sorry, but you are not really making a suitable point as to why it is unfair based on game mechanics. If you collect on time, there is nothing for them to plunder. Attacking your city and defeating your army has no detriment to you if they cannot plunder. It really is that simple. Its not like time it will take is some kind of secret....

Plundering is not actually meant to be a fair action, it is meant to be unfair. It was never one person saying "oh would you mind if I take your lumber jolly old chap". But its something that won't happen if you collect on time.

Your internet connection is unfortunate, but as so many people playing have vastly better internet, this is not something the devs should bear in mind, not in 2015.

This thread is going round in circles. The bottom line is "Collect on time".

DeletedUser

The meerging systemm hasn't been fixed for ages and it will probably stay like that. You alwayss will find someone advanced that yoou so don't attack and collect youur stuff!

DeletedUser105544

I think that people should not plunder other people. Every time I see "plunder" button it smells to me like a conspiracy against humanity. Maybe somebody wants that we adopt certain habits like virtual plundering, while tomorrow we will be eager to plunder our neighbors in real life.
Yesterday I caught myself as I watch at my neighbor's garden, and I wanted to plunder it, and I almost did, but than I managed to refrain myself, but next time, if I continue to press "plunder" button every day, maybe I will not be able to.

DeletedUser99445

I think that people should not plunder other people. Every time I see "plunder" button it smells to me like a conspiracy against humanity. Maybe somebody wants that we adopt certain habits like virtual plundering, while tomorrow we will be eager to plunder our neighbors in real life.
Yesterday I caught myself as I watch at my neighbor's garden, and I wanted to plunder it, and I almost did, but than I managed to refrain myself, but next time, if I continue to press "plunder" button every day, maybe I will not be able to.

Best that you stop attacking your neighbours city's then in case you start attacking Real Cities in Real Life.

DeletedUser101925

Really? I see the plunder button as a fantastic feature to punish your (GvG) enemies.
Sometimes i'd wish they'd made it so you could plunder more then 1 building a day.

DeletedUser105544

I did it again...I feel that another part of my soul has died... :(

DeletedUser97018

ah such fun i had reading this thread :D
thank you guys....
i just felt the need to say it
oh and just to stay on topic, i say YAY for plunder ;)

DeletedUser107426

Noob here. I am neither for nor against plundering. I am a peaceable player and tend not to take the plunder initiative except on some occasions (when the imp of mischief is on my shoulder). However, I ALWAYS retaliate to any attack on my city regardless of whether I have a chance of success - it's the principle. If I succeed then plundering is my reward ;) and I do so without conscience, always going for the most lucrative target.

That said, I play these games to escape RL but sadly RL behaviours are invading my virtual world - individuals taking what doesn't belong to them as though it is their right, pursuing instant gratification and stomping on those weaker than themselves; playing the politics game and joining guilds to get what they can, not what they could give - heaven forbid! Enough said and enough whining from me :D

DeletedUser7990

I am sorry, but you are not really making a suitable point as to why it is unfair based on game mechanics. If you collect on time, there is nothing for them to plunder. Attacking your city and defeating your army has no detriment to you if they cannot plunder. It really is that simple. Its not like time it will take is some kind of secret....

Plundering is not actually meant to be a fair action, it is meant to be unfair. It was never one person saying "oh would you mind if I take your lumber jolly old chap". But its something that won't happen if you collect on time.

Your internet connection is unfortunate, but as so many people playing have vastly better internet, this is not something the devs should bear in mind, not in 2015.

This thread is going round in circles. The bottom line is "Collect on time".

Collecting on time issue:

In various events some good buildings appear which allow you to get more goods. Some of these are 4 hour or 8 hour houses which you can't control when they need collecting. Generally a 4 hour or 8 hour will lie waiting to be collected while you're sleeping. Someone in a different time zone will then be able to plunder this.

So, I have two choices. Not have any special buildings and lose gold because of this, and also lose a city which has a variety of buildings, or just choose a city based on non-plundering.

Second point is, I can't attack those around me and plunder them, their defences are way too strong because I'm at the bottom of the pile and I can never get medals and things like this unless I save up on the map and do them all at the same time.

Plundering isn't meant to be fair. But it's beyond unfair, it's ridiculous. Those who are at the top of the neighbourhood are often eras ahead and there is no chance of stopping them, no chance of hurting them, no chance of anything.

You say collect on time, well I HAVE A LIFE. I do things. I go out, I think I'll be in in 4 hours then I'm not. I have a life, maybe you don't.
But this isn't the point, the point is, I have choices, I have the choice to make this game boring and not get plundered, or get plundered and frustrated.

So it's a choice between having this game be annoying or annoying. Yeah, go team.

DeletedUser99588

Yes decisions have to be made with regard to buildings used versus when you can be online. Most build the event buildings and hope for the best. If you have a few of these buildings then ask your guild or friends to motivate them.

It's not that hard really you just have to put a little thought into it and a small amount of effort. A lot of the time those complaining of plundering play multiple worlds and aren't really putting the effort into the ones being plundered. It really doesn't take to much effort to avoid and at the very least you should be able to reduce it to maybe a couple of houses that maybe haven't been motivated.

I think some players take plundering far to personally as if something in real life has been stolen from them. This is a game and part of the game is you can lose things to other players. You have a number of strategies to stop that happening or from the plunderers point of view to be able to make it happen. It is a matter of pitting your wits against one another and remember David and Goliath, its not always the biggest that succeeds.

DeletedUser7990

Yes decisions have to be made with regard to buildings used versus when you can be online. Most build the event buildings and hope for the best. If you have a few of these buildings then ask your guild or friends to motivate them.

It's not that hard really you just have to put a little thought into it and a small amount of effort. A lot of the time those complaining of plundering play multiple worlds and aren't really putting the effort into the ones being plundered. It really doesn't take to much effort to avoid and at the very least you should be able to reduce it to maybe a couple of houses that maybe haven't been motivated.

I think some players take plundering far to personally as if something in real life has been stolen from them. This is a game and part of the game is you can lose things to other players. You have a number of strategies to stop that happening or from the plunderers point of view to be able to make it happen. It is a matter of pitting your wits against one another and remember David and Goliath, its not always the biggest that succeeds.

Most of what I get plundered is coin from those buildings. I have one person who seems to plunder just for the hell of annoying the hell out of me. They even have a thing that says they don't plunder people like me, but has me blocked on message.
Some plunder randomly, if they happen to attack when there is something to plunder they do. But still, I get plundered every day. It's not much most of the time, it's goods that are the most annoying to be plundered, however it's still annoying even if only a few gold because you know there's not much you can ever do about it.

DeletedUser99588

All I can advise is having a full and active friends/guild list that can keep your houses motivated then they can't be plundered. Everything else can be set to collect at times when your online.

Don't get annoyed just play to the best of your ability given the time you have available. If someone manages to plunder you then they are only doing what the game designers intended.