• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Complaint about Plundering

• Thread starter DeletedUser98465
  • Start date

DeletedUser7990

You are funny. Why do you think it is not a challenge for the plunderer?

Probably because they click on attack next to my portrait, then they click auto attack, they lose no units and then they can go and plunder.

Sure, if anything's there. However something will be there. I have some of the special buildings that need collecting in 4 hours, or 8 hours, I do need to sleep and generally I'm away for more time than 8 hours. I won't wake up just to collect from the game.

Then there's the case of things happen. Firstly I live in a country where the internet is slow. Sometimes it can take me 1/2 hour to get on and do things. Lately I've been logging on, doing something only to find it doesn't actually do this. Log out again, log back in and continue the whole cycle. It's frustrating.

I'll save you the effort of say "well this is your problem" etc.

However, again, I'll say that the problem I have isn't one of just being plundered. It's the fact that before xmas I got taken from a 'hood where I hardly got plundered to one where I had been plundered like 3 times before I even knew I had been moved to a new 'hood. There are a LOT of aggressive players in my 'hood and i'm way down near the bottom.

I set about trying to reduce the damage to this. It has had an impact. Some people said I was too aggressive in trying to stop others plundering, but the game would have been unplayable for me. I don't play games to be constantly on edge that I'm going to lose everything. If I'm 30 minutes late with collecting I don't expect to lose all I set.

At present I have maybe two people who plunder every day. This changed from two others who plundered every day. It seem they take turns, you manage to stop one, the other appears. I get attacked most hours of the day, sometimes on a news page 1/3 is about how much I've been attacked.

I did actually have one person who didn't get through, shock horror.

One of the reasons I play this game and not others is because I'm not uber-competitive, I'm not the tribal wars sort of player who needs a kick out of fighting constantly, I like the fact that you can come and go on this game, and I think a LOT of players are the same. The uber competitive are the ones most likely to leave. They introduced GvG in order to give those something to fight against.

The reason i do say that plunder is unfair is because I think on this game, for someone like me, most things are right, but the plunder one is annoying and would be the one thing that stops me from staying. If they choose to continue with plunder and I do leave, then that's that.
I certainly won't be starting a new world. I didn't get plundered much in my first world, before people really got aggressive. But the new world is impossible. Those who have more points know how the game works and know how to get what they want from the players who aren't obsessed and uber competitive.

If you're at the point where loosing a single house or supplies building is such a huge deal then your yard is imbalanced and that needs to be addressed before bringing yet another pointless complaint about plundering to the thread.

Yes, it is pointless. No change will happen. Very few will sympathize and it has been talked to death. There should be a list of not banned topics on the forum but pointless topics, this is first amongst them, followed by any significant changes to GvG and the issue of GB points.

It's not about losing from one house.

But then again do I want to be the farm for the higher up players?

If I get plundered say, 20 times a day, what do I have left?

I already lose 5 goods a day because I have to set them to 24 hours. Then when someone figures out when I'm collecting I have to change again, because no doubt they'll get there a minute before I do.

As for banned topics. You want only topics you're interested in right? Everyone else shouldn't have an opinion about how the game works?

Surely talking about how to improve the game from many people's perspectives is how you improve games.

Actually thats untrue. I don't plundered unless I am plundered first...a couple of weeks back it happened, and I took vengeance. And then I found out they left 2 spears, and usually goods on offer....and so I plundered them every day. Strangely, they havent tried it with me again...but yeh, I cared that player got a stuffing....

I think its a balance, but the ultimate bottom line is, if goods are left uncollected then they can be plundered. If they are collected then they can't, and its about managing that cycle to fit your life. If it means you earn less over a certain period of time, c'est la vie.

If I tried to attack those who plundered me, I'd lose all my units every time.

The last attack lost three points against my totally defeated troops. Modern Era v. Industrial age.
The one before that the contemporary era lost one Assault tank
The one before that was modern era
The one before that was post modern

Are you telling me that I should be able to do anything against someone who is FOUR ERAs ahead of me? Most are two, some three, but four. The fact that one unit died is a surprise to me. Didn't stop them winning. Luckily it hasn't ended in plunder yet.

But here's the thing. In order to catch up with these guys, I'd need to collect a lot. I will be on at least every four hours. Sometimes I can't be on due to various factors. So, I'm always going to get behind, I'll never be able to catch up, yet I'll still be in the same 'hood as these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

You can only do what you can do Frigid. I sympathise with players who have internet access problems but a game shouldn't be changed because of it. I also understand time restrictions with real life but then would advise to concentrate on one city. My advice to everyone with these issues is to get to the end of Colonial as quickly as possible and use 24 hour houses. It might be challenging in a tough neighbourhood but that is the game we are playing.

We all know that when we are plundered it is because we have left the goods to be taken. Part of the game is being able to choose the right buildings to build and setting the right production times to meet personal schedules and circumstances.

Frigid is always looking at things as losing. She believes she is losing 5 goods by setting a 24hr production cycle and yet in the same breath we hear that she has delays getting on line. Well if your having those sort of delays your not going to successfully produce 3x8 hour productions in a 24hr period. Also if your being plundered that also means your not collecting on time so you wouldn't successfully be able to produce 3x8 hr productions in 24hrs. So much doesn't add up with your arguments and I think it is time to take responsibility for your cities instead of blaming others for playing the game as the developers created it.

DeletedUser106459

If I tried to attack those who plundered me, I'd lose all my units every time.

The last attack lost three points against my totally defeated troops. Modern Era v. Industrial age.
The one before that the contemporary era lost one Assault tank
The one before that was modern era
The one before that was post modern

Are you telling me that I should be able to do anything against someone who is FOUR ERAs ahead of me? Most are two, some three, but four. The fact that one unit died is a surprise to me. Didn't stop them winning. Luckily it hasn't ended in plunder yet.

But here's the thing. In order to catch up with these guys, I'd need to collect a lot. I will be on at least every four hours. Sometimes I can't be on due to various factors. So, I'm always going to get behind, I'll never be able to catch up, yet I'll still be in the same 'hood as these guys.

Thats not what I'm saying. Your point was plunderers don't care - I was saying sometimes they do....and tbh yes I would try vengeance on most people. You dont have to go through with the fight if you are clearly going to take a hiding. But some use all their troops in fighting then leave 2 spear defence......and join a guild for support and bonusses.

With regard to your internet connection etc, I feel sympathy for that, I do. It sucks. But the game can't run based on that. It has to assume that most people have 'x' connection (probably baseline of 0.5Mbps at a guess).

And yes, you will need to collect a lot and invest a lot of FP's in order to improve. That is the game! (I enjoy the game more because of that)

DeletedUser100832

We all know that when we are plundered it is because we have left the goods to be taken.

no, it's because we've been placed into an impossibly tough n'hood where the top people can beat you with no losses. That is the only reason. Saying that 'it's your fault because you cannot re-arrange your RL around a game' is beyond silly.

DeletedUser

no, it's because we've been placed into an impossibly tough n'hood where the top people can beat you with no losses. That is the only reason. Saying that 'it's your fault because you cannot re-arrange your RL around a game' is beyond silly.

No player, no matter how many ages above you, can plunder your goods if there's none to be plundered.

DeletedUser2989

When it comes to collecting on time or leaving your goods for a little while (as RL prevents you from coming back on time) it's about what risk you're willing to take. When you are setting your production times you've got to think ahead and say "I know there are people in my hood that can beat my defense, so what time is best?". If you can't make it back for 9 or 10 hours you have to ask yourself am I willing to risk leaving my goods open to plunder for those 2 hours? If not can I try one of the other options to reduce that risk? Would it be easier for me to log on in exactly 1 or 2 days? If all of the options leave you too vulnerable then you should ask "Is it worth starting my productions now knowing there is that risk of loosing some?" and maybe it's better to leave them inactive for a bit till you're more confident about being able to collect.

I'm currently in a hood where I know several people can beat my defense but they are nice enough to not plunder me (which I'm very thankful for even if I don't say it :) ), but if that was to change the above questions are what I'd have to ask myself. My current situation is nice and I have the ability to not worry so much about my productions but that could change at any of the hood merges.

So overall I wouldn't say "it's your fault because you cannot re-arrange your RL around the game". I would say that you're facing the same risks that many other players in this game face and that while there are players that right now don't fear being plundered and can plunder others easily it's not always going to be that way for them (unless they are very lucky with all their hood merges).

It would be nice to see better hood formations, so that there are not these huge age differences between players. However that is never going to "fix" the situation of one or more players in a hood being able to beat others on a regular basis. Regardless of how balanced the hoods get there will always be some that find it harder than others. Perhaps they could be shaken up more to potentially give more people that chance to be at the top and bottom of each hood? But that is probably as good as that can get. So even if the hood system was improved to be the best it could be you'd still have many players facing the same questions I started this post with "do I run the risk of leaving my goods open to plunder?"

DeletedUser99588

I tried to add to your reputation for that post Tank but apparently I have to spread it around first. Well said and it is exactly the questions a player should be asking and basing their decision making process on.

DeletedUser105544

Sometimes I plunder people with two spears in defense, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people with strong defense, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people weaker than me, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people stronger than me, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I stop plunder people who politely ask me to stop, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I stop plunder people who insult me because I plunder them, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people every day in a week, sometimes I don't plunder them at all.
Sometimes I give back all the goods I plundered to the victim, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I don't need goods that I plundered, but I take it any way.
Sometimes I need some goods but I don't plunder.
There is no rule about plunder. I is allowed, that is the only rule.

DeletedUser7990

You can only do what you can do Frigid. I sympathise with players who have internet access problems but a game shouldn't be changed because of it. I also understand time restrictions with real life but then would advise to concentrate on one city. My advice to everyone with these issues is to get to the end of Colonial as quickly as possible and use 24 hour houses. It might be challenging in a tough neighbourhood but that is the game we are playing.

We all know that when we are plundered it is because we have left the goods to be taken. Part of the game is being able to choose the right buildings to build and setting the right production times to meet personal schedules and circumstances.

Frigid is always looking at things as losing. She believes she is losing 5 goods by setting a 24hr production cycle and yet in the same breath we hear that she has delays getting on line. Well if your having those sort of delays your not going to successfully produce 3x8 hour productions in a 24hr period. Also if your being plundered that also means your not collecting on time so you wouldn't successfully be able to produce 3x8 hr productions in 24hrs. So much doesn't add up with your arguments and I think it is time to take responsibility for your cities instead of blaming others for playing the game as the developers created it.

I'm not saying the game should be changed for internet issues.

My point is that having a player who is eras ahead of other players and attacks and plunders them with ease is pointless. It's not good from a challenge point of view for those attacking. It's not good from a moral point of view for those who get it day in day out either.

You're trying to make some kind of mathematical argument that doesn't add up, simply because you don't know what my situation is. You want me to take responsibility?

Well I'll ask, should I take responsibility for being near the bottom of my neighbourhood? I'm 466th in my world out of 45,000. I'm in the top 10% of players based on points yet I'm stuck down near the bottom of a 'hood where the top players are 3 or 4 eras ahead of me. I mean, HOW?

There are enough players above me for this not to be the case, and enough below me for this not to be the case. Should I really be taking responsibility?

Number one is in position number 7, number 2 is in position 11, number 3 is position 18.

What are they doing with position 466 in the same 'hood? Why not have 1-75 in the same hood, or two hoods which include 1 to 150?

In last position is a guy at 898 position in the world.

Why have people 891 positions below another in the 'hood when it could be so much fairer?

I can't take responsibility for this mess up, can I?

I can't take responsibility that they can attack me with units I have no chance of defending against.

I have TRIED to not move forwards in order to be placed in a new 'hood, but looking at losing 500 positions would take me months of inactivity in order to get put into a 'hood that is actually slightly fair in any sense of the word.

DeletedUser7990

Sometimes I plunder people with two spears in defense, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people with strong defense, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people weaker than me, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people stronger than me, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I stop plunder people who politely ask me to stop, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I stop plunder people who insult me because I plunder them, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I plunder people every day in a week, sometimes I don't plunder them at all.
Sometimes I give back all the goods I plundered to the victim, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I don't need goods that I plundered, but I take it any way.
Sometimes I need some goods but I don't plunder.
There is no rule about plunder. I is allowed, that is the only rule.

And some people don't just follow rules blindly, some people actually have a brain and think about what is fair and what is not fair, others don't.

DeletedUser99588

Just play the game Frigid to the best of your ability. No doubt it will be better than some and poorer than others from what you have described in your posts. Not everyone can be at the top :)

DeletedUser105544

And some people don't just follow rules blindly, some people actually have a brain and think about what is fair and what is not fair, others don't.

Some people don't have to think what is right and what is wrong, some people just feel it, but do the wrong thing anyway :)
On the other hand, sometimes it is possible that wrong thing for one person could be the right thing for the other :)

DeletedUser2989

Well I'll ask, should I take responsibility for being near the bottom of my neighbourhood? I'm 466th in my world out of 45,000. I'm in the top 10% of players based on points yet I'm stuck down near the bottom of a 'hood where the top players are 3 or 4 eras ahead of me. I mean, HOW?

There are enough players above me for this not to be the case, and enough below me for this not to be the case. Should I really be taking responsibility?

Number one is in position number 7, number 2 is in position 11, number 3 is position 18.

What are they doing with position 466 in the same 'hood? Why not have 1-75 in the same hood, or two hoods which include 1 to 150?

In last position is a guy at 898 position in the world.

Why have people 891 positions below another in the 'hood when it could be so much fairer?

Part of the issue of simply lumping together people based on rank is that it doesn't always work to make fair hoods, so many things can impact score that don't impact your ability to attack or defend against your neighbors. Sure the top few hundred could all be similar in tech level (newer worlds would be a different case...) and same for the very bottom of the list but in the middle you can find people right next to each other in score that are very different in tech level. In the end regardless of your rank the fairness in a hood comes from your ability to attack or defend against your neighbors, if the number 1 player is the same tech level as the number 500th player and that player has a chance of defeating their defense then it seems like it'd be fair enough to have them in the same hood.
Using myself as an example: I'm ranked a little bit above 600th in my world with neighbors much higher than me in my hood (5 are from the top 100), but I dare say if I actually tried to take on some of those defenses higher up (I won't because I'm too peaceful :) ) that I'd have a fair chance of winning as my attack buff is decent and I'm the same tech level.
Now I dare say we are talking about different worlds (I'm guessing you're on one of the younger ones) but you can see how using rank alone to decide hoods doesn't work for all cases.

The top 500 in the newer worlds are likely to have a greater spread of tech level and likely to also have significantly different attack and defense buffs. This means in those worlds it is easy to ask "why is the number 7 person in the same hood as the 466th?" and the unfortunate answer is that there very well might not be a "better" hood for him (not without having a different hood system in place for different worlds and changing them as they age...). However that is something that is expected to improve with time, gradually the top 500 will all get to the end of the tech tree and will all build up good combat buffs and it won't be so unreasonable to have the number 7 person with the 466th or even the number 3 with the 720th.

From my understanding the Devs are still looking into adjustments to the hood system to get it to make fairer hoods (they have a few things to do so not sure where it'd be on the priority list), so I'd say it's premature to change how plundering works when there are improvements to be made elsewhere that can solve it (and other problems at the same time).

DeletedUser7990

Part of the issue of simply lumping together people based on rank is that it doesn't always work to make fair hoods, so many things can impact score that don't impact your ability to attack or defend against your neighbors. Sure the top few hundred could all be similar in tech level (newer worlds would be a different case...) and same for the very bottom of the list but in the middle you can find people right next to each other in score that are very different in tech level. In the end regardless of your rank the fairness in a hood comes from your ability to attack or defend against your neighbors, if the number 1 player is the same tech level as the number 500th player and that player has a chance of defeating their defense then it seems like it'd be fair enough to have them in the same hood.
Using myself as an example: I'm ranked a little bit above 600th in my world with neighbors much higher than me in my hood (5 are from the top 100), but I dare say if I actually tried to take on some of those defenses higher up (I won't because I'm too peaceful :) ) that I'd have a fair chance of winning as my attack buff is decent and I'm the same tech level.
Now I dare say we are talking about different worlds (I'm guessing you're on one of the younger ones) but you can see how using rank alone to decide hoods doesn't work for all cases.

The top 500 in the newer worlds are likely to have a greater spread of tech level and likely to also have significantly different attack and defense buffs. This means in those worlds it is easy to ask "why is the number 7 person in the same hood as the 466th?" and the unfortunate answer is that there very well might not be a "better" hood for him (not without having a different hood system in place for different worlds and changing them as they age...). However that is something that is expected to improve with time, gradually the top 500 will all get to the end of the tech tree and will all build up good combat buffs and it won't be so unreasonable to have the number 7 person with the 466th or even the number 3 with the 720th.

From my understanding the Devs are still looking into adjustments to the hood system to get it to make fairer hoods (they have a few things to do so not sure where it'd be on the priority list), so I'd say it's premature to change how plundering works when there are improvements to be made elsewhere that can solve it (and other problems at the same time).

I would agree that points doesn't necessarily make a fair 'hood either. However taking into account points, taking into account the era, taking into account factors of the game would make it a far better gaming experience for people like me. I'm in the tomorrow era in one world. I simply don't get plundered because I have a defence that is enough to deter others from plundering. One guy plundered me a while back, maybe six months ago, and I just laughed because it seemed pointless. They can get past my defences but it'll cost them.

The simple fact is this. I don't get plundered by people who are in the same era as me. Doesn't happen. I doubt I even get attacked by them. Why? It's a challenge that's why.

The reality is, when I first got put into the 'hood I'm in I thought I could get out of it by simply doing a bit worse. That didn't happen, and to be honest I was shocked at what I found about the levels.

If the 'hoods were more balanced, instead of having people who seem to be in 'hoods merely to make aggressive plunders (who probably buy diamonds) happy, then it would certainly be better.

But then there seems to be a desire by some to make it unfair for the sake of money.

DeletedUser7990

New 'hood, well, same old players but one addition, someone with 1.3 million points MORE than the previous person who was number one, but the previous number one's still there, just in second place. Wonderful, more opportunities to be plundered.

DeletedUser99588

New 'hood, well, same old players but one addition, someone with 1.3 million points MORE than the previous person who was number one, but the previous number one's still there, just in second place. Wonderful, more opportunities to be plundered.

lol, someones points don't make them a plunderer. Just play the game :)

DeletedUser96901

wonderful: more opportunities to plunder someone with more points ;)