• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Chat window should be on top of everything

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97018

Proposal:
Make possible to chat all the while, by making chat window on top of everything.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, I have, but didn't find anything similar.

Reason:
Whenever you open almost anything, you are instantly cut off from chat.
This may be a big thing when you're fighting in GvG - you need to close Sector view in order to answer something or give an update of status of your/enemy troops.
Same goes for Messages, Market, Army Management, Inventory...
But if you open Research tree you can answer on chat. You may say it's coz it doesn't have another window on top, but you'd be wrong. If you want to add FPs or unlock any tech, when window is opened you are again able to talk on chat.
I am no tech girl, but that shows me that it's doable.

Details:
Make it as it's done for Research Tree and Unlocking Tech.

Visual Aids:
Just imagine chat being on top of everything else.

Balance:
Might get more lively on chat, so people might need to get used to it. And if chat bothers you, you can easily close it or make it smaller.

Abuse Prevention:
I see no possible abuse of it, but I also could be wrong.

Summary:
No matter what you do in your city, you will be able to talk on chat without the need of closing anything you are currently viewing.

DeletedUser653

another +1

one of the more simple ideas which is really good. If a players does not like chat they can close the chat down so it would be the best of both worlds :)

DeletedUser99588

+1 would be very useful for it be active all the time but not sure how easy it is to implement.

patrick3377

Corporal
+1

just one thing: the Balance & Abuse Prevention... if developers go too far with that, the chat may appear on top of literally everything, and for example when you go for shopping or want to turn on the washing machine, you'll be too much distracted by guildies ;)

But seriously I like this idea

DeletedUser2989

+1, I can think of a few times where being able to chat while viewing GvG or the market would have been very helpful.

DeletedUser97018

i must say i'm surprised for this not being "scorching" already and not only coz it's my idea :cool: but coz i thought many ppl are coordinating attacks during GvG and are as upset as i am to have to close sector view / defending (siege) army view etc, or when trying to set up some trades market view...
so in that hope, i'm bumping this :p
and if this is a break of the rules, then i'm sorry and it will be deleted promptly...

Status
Not open for further replies.